2017-2018 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Would be nice if Evans could step in next year instead of having to resign someone (most likely Plekanec).

Drouin-Galchenyuk-Scherbak
Pacioretty-Evans-Lehkonen
Hudon-Danault-Gallagher
DLo-DLR-Rychel-McCarron
Byron traded

Dahlin/Hughes-Weber
Mete-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen-Reilly-Valiev-Lernout
Not even the Bergevin/Julien, can see the need of re-signing him at this point.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Evans likely has anywhere from half-a-season to two years in the ahl before hes ready. Most likely scenario is one full season

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Evans to me needs some time in the AHL in an offensive role. He also need to improve his skating a bit. He could definately develop as a nice 3rd line center.

Reactions: schnapshot

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Brook picks up an assist on the games 1st goal. 1-0 MJ late in the 1st.

was watching the Pezzetta game, started getting chippy after a rangers play ran the goalie (though didn't really see it as I was too into the game)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Verbeek was named 1st star of the game.

He now has 6 points (3G, 3A) in 6 playoff games.

Coincidentally, his production began the moment he signed his ELC with Habs.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Brook just saved a goal as the puck was on the goal line and the goalie down and out. Would have been a huge goal for SC as they just got their 1st goal some 20 seconds before and there were only 10 or so seconds left in the 2nd. So 3-1 MJ in the 3rd.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Of course. That goes for any player. Few would have guessed Mete would look that good in camp.

I just think its doubtful Evans is ready yet

He certainly didn't seem close at last years camp. I could definitely see him getting some NHL games next year, but you are probably right that it won't be until sometime the year after that he sticks for good. (If all goes well!)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He certainly didn't seem close at last years camp. I could definitely see him getting some NHL games next year, but you are probably right that it won't be until sometime the year after that he sticks for good. (If all goes well!)

Who didn't seem close at last year's camp? Evans?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah, the rookie camp or whatever that was that I saw him... Unless I'm going senile and mistaking him, but I'me pretty sure I saw him at some point

You are going senile. :sarcasm:

He only participated at the development camp in July. He wasn't at the rookie camp because his school year had begun.

I do recall reading good things about him at the development camp. He was put together with Scherbak and they apparently looked good together there.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
You are going senile. :sarcasm:

He only participated at the development camp in July. He wasn't at the rookie camp because his school year had begun.

I do recall reading good things about him at the development camp. He was put together with Scherbak and they apparently looked good together there.

Yeah I saw him at the development camp. He looked good, but not ready. Scherbak looked better, but also not ready. I probably wrote something up about it with my old name... maybe not.. I only went for one day...

Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad