2017-2018 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I really like Poehlings attitude, I think he ends up as a good second line center but you have to not underestimate his determination here...

i find it funny people refuse to acknowledge a scenario where Poehling could very well be top line center on the habs with the right wingers... you dont have to be 80 point center to be number 1 on certain teams..a 200ft game with pp/pk abilities can absolutely be a top line center, and then you can make your 2nd center (kotkaniemi hint hint) focus a bit more on offense and then your third line center, preferably Danault in this case can take care of defensive assignments

this is all really not that far fetched if we do take another center this year, or if we dont, we get another winger to add to our solid winger depth to complement whatever centers we do end up relying on (poehling, evans?)

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
i find it funny people refuse to acknowledge a scenario where Poehling could very well be top line center on the habs with the right wingers... you dont have to be 80 point center to be number 1 on certain teams..a 200ft game with pp/pk abilities can absolutely be a top line center, and then you can make your 2nd center (kotkaniemi hint hint) focus a bit more on offense and then your third line center, preferably Danault in this case can take care of defensive assignments

this is all really not that far fetched if we do take another center this year, or if we dont, we get another winger to add to our solid winger depth to complement whatever centers we do end up relying on (poehling, evans?)

I think he could top out as a mediocre #1 which would be unreal for us. It is possible. #2 seems more likely but there's still no guarantee there.

Do you really think he has a higher upside than Kotkaniemi? Genuinely asking. Would kind of put me off drafting him at #3 if that's the case.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I've seen a lot of him this year, but for me it's just too soon to say one way or the other. You have a kid that should have been in the USHS or USHL last year but instead was in the NCAA and sounds like he was over-matched. Then this year he's one of the best players on his team and is driving the play on one of the top offenses in the NCAA. So I really want to see how he does next year, how much progress can he make, yes he'll have a new coach but looks like most of the team will be back so they should be very good again.

For me I think it's a safe bet to say Poehling will play in the NHL, with his physical attributes, size/strength/skating/speed, to go with smarts, hard work and two way play he at worst should be a decent 4th liner but looks to be at least a good 3rd liner if he doesn't progress much, if he does then there's no telling yet how good he will be imo.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I think he could top out as a mediocre #1 which would be unreal for us. It is possible. #2 seems more likely but there's still no guarantee there.

Do you really think he has a higher upside than Kotkaniemi? Genuinely asking. Would kind of put me off drafting him at #3 if that's the case.
2 things
You're right , mediocre number 1 would be FABULOUS for us all things considered lol, but should we sign someone like Tavares, then Poehling becomes the number 2 we want and need for sure

secondly, cant really compare the 2 and thats not what we should be going for, Kotkaniemi has a higher offensive upside hands down, but Poehling does other things a lil better as well, point being you should want BOTH of them down the middle regardless of how they compare to one another

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I think a couple people said he could top out as an O'Rielly or a Kesler before. Which in either case is excellent. A C that can put up 20g 50-60pts is great.

Having 2 centers who could potentially do that would be best case scenario if we draft Kotkaniemi.

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->