2017-2018 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Moose Jaw win, was flipping back and forth between this and the Habs and phillies game but thought he played well for the most part. Didn't like his tripping penalty when he stuck his knee out, but the 2nd penalty it looked like he fell but stuck his stick out, didn't seem to really hit the PA player but he went down easy and was clearly in on the goalie so they had to call it.

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Anyone know what Walford injury is? He has not played one game in playoffs and I believe he missed last 2 or 3 regular season games.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So Moose Jaw will take on Swift Current in the 2nd Round. Brook ended the first round with 4 points (1G, 3A) in 7 games.

Also, Walford and Victoria also advances to the 2nd Round. Walford has yet to play a game. They'll take on the Tri-City Americans (Price alumni).

And @bryan1966, I tweeted someone who may be able to find out because I don't know either what his injury is.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
So Moose Jaw will take on Swift Current in the 2nd Round. Brook ended the first round with 4 points (1G, 3A) in 7 games.

Also, Walford and Victoria also advances to the 2nd Round. Walford has yet to play a game. They'll take on the Tri-City Americans (Price alumni).

And @bryan1966, I tweeted someone who may be able to find out because I don't know either what his injury is.

I thought MJ was a powerhouse. Surprised they just squeaked out a first round win, no?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
The seemed to have some trouble in net this series, if they don't play better they will likely not get past Swift Current who have really impressed me in the few times i've seen them play.
I watched 2 of their playoffs games and came really disapointed by this team, they are just not playing well as a whole and some of their best players are invisible, Brett Howden for example, you start to understand why Tampa included him in the Mcdo Miller trade..

Last edited:

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I watched 2 of their playoffs games and came really disapointed by this team, they are just not playing well as a whole and some of their best players are invisible, Brett Howden for example, you start to understand why Tampa included him in the Mcdo Miller trade..

Yeah, I have never been a fan of the Howdens. I know Brett got a few points at the WJC, but found he consistently botched plays and turned something into nothing. Certainly no high-end upside there.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Verbeek and Bitten are both in action for Game 1 of their second round series.

Greyhounds are down 3-0 against Owen Sound right now and Hamilton is up 1-0 on Niagara.

In the WHL, Brook and Moose Jaw will begin their second round series against Swift Current tonight. And although Walford is out with an injury, Victoria begins their series against Tri-City tonight, as well.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Verbeek and Bitten are both in action for Game 1 of their second round series.

Greyhounds are down 3-0 against Owen Sound right now and Hamilton is up 1-0 on Niagara.

In the WHL, Brook and Moose Jaw will begin their second round series against Swift Current tonight. And although Walford is out with an injury, Victoria begins their series against Tri-City tonight, as well.

Moose Jaw plays game 1 tomorrow night.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Would be nice if Evans could step in next year instead of having to resign someone (most likely Plekanec).

Drouin-Galchenyuk-Scherbak
Pacioretty-Evans-Lehkonen
Hudon-Danault-Gallagher
DLo-DLR-Rychel-McCarron
Byron traded

Dahlin/Hughes-Weber
Mete-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen-Reilly-Valiev-Lernout

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I don't think Evans is ready for a 2C role next season.
Realistically I think if we keep Pacioretty, a line of Galchenyuk-Evans-Lehkonen could be effective. (Basically replacing DLR with Evans who has more skills)

I'll bite the bullet and give Drouin more time at C.

Pacioretty-Danault-Scherbak
Hudon-Drouin-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Evans-Lehkonen
Deslauriers-De La Rose-Byron
Carr/Rychel

There are no 1, 2, 3 lines here. You'd roll the 3 lines more or less evenly.
Not sure if Hughes would be NHL ready, I think they'd want him to go back for one more season.

Reilly-Weber
Mete-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen

Tbh I think we move Pacioretty and acquire a C + LD, but this is just if we do nothing...

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I don't think Evans is ready for a 2C role next season.
Realistically I think if we keep Pacioretty, a line of Galchenyuk-Evans-Lehkonen could be effective. (Basically replacing DLR with Evans who has more skills)

I'll bite the bullet and give Drouin more time at C.

Pacioretty-Danault-Scherbak
Hudon-Drouin-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Evans-Lehkonen
Deslauriers-De La Rose-Byron
Carr/Rychel

There are no 1, 2, 3 lines here. You'd roll the 3 lines more or less evenly.
Not sure if Hughes would be NHL ready, I think they'd want him to go back for one more season.

Reilly-Weber
Mete-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen

Tbh I think we move Pacioretty and acquire a C + LD, but this is just if we do nothing...
It would be less a 2C role and more a top 9C role as we'd role 3 balanced lines.

Reactions: Yoshidas Island
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->