Prospect Info: 2017-18 Stockton Heat & Prospect Stats/Discussion (CHL, NCAA, Europe, AHL, ECHL)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hey hey, I'm running you guys in the avs forum mock offseason and was hoping to get you guys' input on your forward prospects...realistic upsides / expected timelines / stylistic comparisons / whatevs. You've drafted enough of the blueline prospects I really liked, so I feel confident about my assessments there, but your forward core is a lot more foreign to me...though Rucizka was a kid I was intrigued by at one point.

Because I’m lazy, and also because Darren Hayes is decent:

The Calgary Flames - From 80 Feet Above: Ranking the Calgary Flames Top 20 Prospects (January 2018 Edition)

Reactions: cgf

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Some Glen Gawdin total numbers (so far)

Games: 88
Goals: 68
Assists: 86
PPG Avg: 1.75
Penalty Minutes: 125
Shots On Goal: 360
SH %: 18,8
Shots On Goal Per Game: 4.1
Face-Off-Wins: 1275
Face-Off-Win%: 58,5
PP Goals: 26
SH Goals: 4
GW Goals: 11
Plus And Minus: +71

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hey hey, I'm running you guys in the avs forum mock offseason and was hoping to get you guys' input on your forward prospects...realistic upsides / expected timelines / stylistic comparisons / whatevs. You've drafted enough of the blueline prospects I really liked, so I feel confident about my assessments there, but your forward core is a lot more foreign to me...though Rucizka was a kid I was intrigued by at one point.

Forward group is average to low tier at best, to put it easily.

There’s some potential in guys like Mangiapane and Phillips. Most guys are too raw or too useless to really peg at this time.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Pribyl signed a 1-year deal in the Czech Extraliga.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Haven't had a chance to see him play, but his regular season and playoff numbers are super impressive. Can he be expected to be an NHLer or did he just have a monster season?

He had injury problems for a couple seasons, which hurt him a bit and got him off of the Blues' list.
This was a monster season where he was easily the best player on the ice most nights. Then again there would have been someone he was at least like 4 years older than most nights too.

He's still a ways away. He'll enjoy some time in Stockton with more new blood (Dube, Phillips) and see what he has there. There's potential there, I mean, independent of every other factor, he went out there and got those point totals. He's got good size, good hands and a righty. I remember there being some questions about foot speed though; hopefully those were overblown.

Reactions: Cyrano

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I look forward to seeing how Gawdin, Phillips and potentially Dube and Valimaki do in Stockton next year.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Haven't had a chance to see him play, but his regular season and playoff numbers are super impressive. Can he be expected to be an NHLer or did he just have a monster season?

From what I can tell, he was a decent prospect before he re-entered the draft and his monster year was more or less to be expected, this season has just confirmed that to me. I think he'll play in the NHL.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I look forward to seeing how Gawdin, Phillips and potentially Dube and Valimaki do in Stockton next year.
Why potentially Dube and Valimaki? What would prevent them from being brought up? Everything I’ve seen is that those two are too good for Jr.

Unless you mean you expect them jumping straight to the Flames..?

Last edited:

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I think next year in the AHL is the most excited I've been in a while. Potentially adding Gawdin, Dube, Valimaki and Phillips should be a huge offensive boost, even if someone like Foo or Mangiapane graduates.

I still think Dube has a decent chance of making the NHL team but that's just me. God would it be nice for one of our 2nd round picks to finally make an impact, even better if it's two of them (Dube and Andersson). Granted we've not had a lot of 2nd's overall, but last player we drafted in the second that did anything worth a damn was Markus Granlund in 2011. Before that? Jarrett Stoll and Kurtis Foster in 2000.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Why potentially Dube and Valimaki? What would prevent them from being brought up? Everything I’ve seen is that those two are too good for Jr.

Unless you mean you expect them jumping straight to the Flames..?
Because I think they both have a shot at the Flames. I don't suspect either will be returned to junior.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I watched every game at the Mem cup so far. Glenn really impressed me. He only put up 3 points in 3 games. But he hit a couple posts. Set up a few guys who missed open nets.

Heponiemi was god awful and Steenbergen his other linemates got hurt. So that hurt Swift Current quite a bit.

The thing I notice about Glenn is that he has a very high IQ. He always makes smart decisions with the puck. Really think he’s got an NHL future if he can get a little faster.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Can’t wait to do our prospect rankings this summer.

IMO for our forwards it goes:

Dube
Mangiapagne
Gawdin
Phillips
Ruzicka

Not a bad group at all, but no blue chippers for sure. At least Bennett and Chucky are still super young.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad