Prospect Info: 2017-18 Stockton Heat & Prospect Stats/Discussion (CHL, NCAA, Europe, AHL, ECHL)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Not 100%, you can't guarantee **** all unless it's 100%, do you not understand the meaning of the word guarantee?
Seems like a silly thing to get worked up about. It's just informal language. I don't think anyone here is reading that post and saying "ah, a guarantee, that means it's 100% going to happen!"

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Seems like a silly thing to get worked up about. It's just informal language. I don't think anyone here is reading that post and saying "ah, a guarantee, that means it's 100% going to happen!"
What else does guarantee mean? Did they change the definition while I was at work last night?

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
"You hear what Bill Peters wants on defence and that's Juuso Valimaki," assistant general manager Craig Conroy told CalgaryFlames.com. "It really is.

"I expect him to come in here and really make a push, soon, to make the big club."

"He has a man's body and he's a great skater with offensive instinct," Conroy said. "It's fun to watch guys that are good pros and good people. He's all about the team, all about winning, it's not about him but he knows he has to step up.

"He has the skill and ability to be a difference maker on the back-end, which is hard to find."

I think Valimaki, will make the big team at some point in this season.

TOP PROSPECTS - VALIMAKI

Reactions: Cyrano

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
"You hear what Bill Peters wants on defence and that's Juuso Valimaki," assistant general manager Craig Conroy told CalgaryFlames.com. "It really is.

"I expect him to come in here and really make a push, soon, to make the big club."

"He has a man's body and he's a great skater with offensive instinct," Conroy said. "It's fun to watch guys that are good pros and good people. He's all about the team, all about winning, it's not about him but he knows he has to step up.

"He has the skill and ability to be a difference maker on the back-end, which is hard to find."

TOP PROSPECTS - VALIMAKI

Välimäki certainly has that drive and ambition to be a top player, and he's not afraid to say it, which is not common for Finnish players.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Välimäki certainly has that drive and ambition to be a top player, and he's not afraid to say it, which is not common for Finnish players.

Partly because his English is so strong too. It’s much easier to be confident when an individual has a great grasp of the language they are speaking in. Honestly the Flames need more swagger.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016

TOP PROSPECTS - VALIMAKI

I would love it if Valimaki were given a real, legitimate shot at making the team even if that means someone in the starting lineup as it stands now needs to be traded.

Reactions: viper0220

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
How many players put up his kind of numbers at the AHL level by 21 and yet failed to become an NHL player?

Plenty....here is one that is close to home

linden-vey-2016-39.jpg

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Funny thing is Vey probably would have finished in our top 10 forward scoring this year....:(

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
One thing being ignored in this conversation regarding Mangiapane, is him being a point per game, was only over 39 games. Yes, 46 in 39 is impressive for a 21 year old, but it only a little over half a season. While not quite a point per game, in his 21 year old season Shinkaruk put up really good numbers too, as did Emile Poirier. Honestly, with the hype about Mangiapaine among Flames fans, his size and skillset, reminds me of Dustin Boyd.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
One thing being ignored in this conversation regarding Mangiapane, is him being a point per game, was only over 39 games. Yes, 46 in 39 is impressive for a 21 year old, but it only a little over half a season. While not quite a point per game, in his 21 year old season Shinkaruk put up really good numbers too, as did Emile Poirier. Honestly, with the hype about Mangiapaine among Flames fans, his size and skillset, reminds me of Dustin Boyd.

I know you haven't been a Mangi fan since his draft year when this board was pumping his tires; but what he's done so far is pretty darn impressive all things considered, the guy was a walk-on for the Colts. Undrafted into the OHL. Year over year is mighty impressive too. Guy was an all-rookie OHL star; and considered one of the elites for his final two OHL seasons.

You add that to being a really good first year pro, and being downright dominant in year two is really positive. There's good reason to be excited about him too. He skates well, he thinks well, he strikes me as a guy built for this era of the NHL.

I mean, while you're right with your yearly comparisons; you can never know. Poirier looked like a sure-fire NHL'er until the liquor took over. You never know, and it's strange that a Flames fan is almost betting against Mangi to do well?

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->