Salary Cap: 2017-18 Roster Building Thread VI | Contract/FA charts in Post #1 | CAP SET at $75M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'd be surprised if he was. Kesslel, Hornqvist, Sheary, Reaves, Rust, Kuhnhackl, and Sprong all play RW or RW/RW. I think Guentzel and Wilson can as well.

Yak does seem like the type of guy the Pens would buy super low on and then turn into a hot commodity a la Jultz, Cole, etc.

Just like with Cole/Jultz the talent is clearly there for Yak. Just needs a coach who can get the most out of him.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
If we are moving a player to grab a 3C, it better be a game changing 3C. If we are moving for like a Haula type player, no way. Just re-sign Bones. I do not want to move players to get a 3C. Especially not a player like Sheary.

And even the most able to be moved player, Hags, I would choose to not trade for a 3C. Unless it's some really solid 3C.
I do not like the idea of trading for a 3C. I'd much rather overpay Bones for a couple of years and trade him, than I would spend a significant asset.

From an asset standpoint it's
Lose Bones and a significant player, gain a 3C. Or..

Keep Bones and a significant player, lose $1 million per. Possibly trade Bones for a significant asset down the road.

I want to know what the Schultz deal is so damn bad... What did he call down money wise? You have to think the deal is anywhere from 3-5 years. But what is the dollar amount?

5M?:yo: 5.5M??:) 6M???:amazed: 6.5M+????:shakehead
It was just a qualifying offer to retain his rights, he won't sign it. It would have been around $1,540,000.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Yak does seem like the type of guy the Pens would buy super low on and then turn into a hot commodity a la Jultz, Cole, etc.

Just like with Cole/Jultz the talent is clearly there for Yak. Just needs a coach who can get the most out of him.

They don't really have a place to play him in the NHL though. I also think his problem is more IQ linked than it was with Cole and Schultz. Best case for RW spots

Guentzel-Crosby-Hornqvist
Sheary-Malkin-kessel
Rust-X-Sprong/Wilson/kuhnhackl/yakupov
Hagelin-x-Reaves

Does he really beat out any of those those three?

SCPens

Feb 9, 2008
Absolutely 100% no.

Where was Kucherov drafted? Kuznetsov? Kapanen? Top ranked Euro skated "drop" all the time.

Sad. I was excited when Percy was willing to come here. Didn't amount to anything in WBS though. Oh well.

Kucherov wasn't the top ranked European skater in his draft year, he was ranked like 17th in 2011. And neither was Kuznetzov in 2010, he was the 4th ranked European skater. And well Kapanen.....what exactly has he accomplished?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The only thing that makes me more angry than people suggesting trading Kessel is people suggesting bringing Yakupov in. I genuinely have no idea how you can look at this current roster and conclude that the Penguins need a busted wing prospect who probably should be in the KHL. Like it's suggesting trading for a starting goalie when the Penguins have Murray, it makes literally no sense.

SweetStache

Jan 28, 2013
Kucherov wasn't the top ranked European skater in his draft year, he was ranked like 17th in 2011. And neither was Kuznetzov in 2010, he was the 4th ranked European skater. And well Kapanen.....what exactly has he accomplished?

He scored a game winning goal in overtime of a Stanley Cup playoff game...something a certain #66 never accomplished. Just sayin

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012

Not really surprising. Boninos probably gotten a couple offers thrown at him.

We might see ALOT of signings on JULY 1st.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
The moment Yakupov leaves the NHL cannot come soon enough. After failing miserably, whilst actually trying hard (according to various reports), the only reason you give the poor son of a ***** a chance is if you have a serious winger problem. Just stop it :rant:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Would JR be interested in Nail Yakupov?

No he would not be.

What is the rumor about the Penguins wanting to move a contract? This is the first I hear of this.

During the season there were rumblings that the Pens would like to move Hagelin. My guess would be that it's him.

also from there, chicago is interested in kunitz.

his wife is from there and they live there during the summer.

kunitz-toews-saad

do it, chicago

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! Oh dear god would I love to see Kunitz bolted to Toews.

Okay, 3C...what about Ryan Spooner from Boston? We also need a back up goalie. Boston may be willing to move Khuboden to pull Subban up.

Spooner+Khuboden for...? Spit balling but Spooner+Khubodin+Morrow for Hagelin?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Joe Morrow is a UFA now. Wouldn't mind picking him up as a depth move for WBS or us in a pinch.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If Joe Morrow can't even crack the Bruins defense, I seriously have trouble seeing he'd be an asset here. He'd be below Pouliot on the depth chart without a doubt.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Is it time to fix Yakupov?
I mean, we turned Schultz around after being destroyed in Edmonton after all :)

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Am I the only one who really hopes we sign Sestito?

Then sign Brian Boyle for the 4C. CBJ, WAS, PHI, etc - Sestito-Boyle-Reaves.

Just for the funsies.

Would be entertaining as ****. I'd hope that our PK was very very good... because we'd probably need it. But it would be entertaining.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I would never give him any guarantees, and if that is what he is looking for then he can go seek it (like the rumor that he is interested in Vancouver), BUT if Yakupov has some interest in a two-way contract with us, or a PTO or any kind of non-guaranteed deal, then why not?

You can never bring in enough talent. If he is willing to sacrifice and battle for a job, I have no issue with that.

If he is going to seek ice time when he goes to market on July 1, then he will not be on our radar that's for sure.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Is it time to fix Yakupov?
I mean, we turned Schultz around after being destroyed in Edmonton after all :)

Guentzel-Sheary
Hagelin-Kessel
Rust-Hornqvist
Wilson-Reaves
Kuhnhackl-Archibald
Rowney

If the Penguins need something, it's definitely a busted bottom-6 winger that doesn't even have the upside to justify bringing him in.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Okay, 3C...what about Ryan Spooner from Boston? We also need a back up goalie. Boston may be willing to move Khuboden to pull Subban up.

Spooner+Khuboden for...? Spit balling but Spooner+Khubodin+Morrow for Hagelin?

Spooner is pretty much all offence, don't think he'd be the guy I wanted.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If Joe Morrow can't even crack the Bruins defense, I seriously have trouble seeing he'd be an asset here. He'd be below Pouliot on the depth chart without a doubt.

No different than Percy really. Just a warm body who is still only 24. Smooth skater with a good shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad