GDT: R2G2 - Aves @ Stares - 7:30 MT - 🐝 there or 🐝 🔳

Terrible GDT - I'm sorry. will you forgive me?

• No

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • 😐

Votes: 33 67.3%

• Total voters

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
[The camera captures the familiar hustle and bustle of the Dunder Mifflin office. Val Nichushkin, sporting his Colorado Avalanche jersey, walks in amidst the excited chatter of his coworkers, adding an air of anticipation to the day.]

[Opening Theme Song Plays]

[Cut to the interior of the office. Val is seated at his desk, fielding questions from his curious coworkers.]

Jim: So, Val, hockey player turned salesman, huh? That's quite the career transition.

Val: Da! Hockey in Colorado, sales in Scranton. Life is like a playoff series—full of unexpected twists and turns.

Dwight: Playoffs, you say? I prefer a more tactical approach, like a well-executed trade deal.

Val: Ah, the art of negotiation. But have you ever experienced the thrill of a playoff overtime goal?

Pam: So, Val, any experience in sales before joining us?

Val: Nyet, but I'm a master of persuasion. In Russia, I once convinced a bear to share its salmon. Now, I convince Americans to buy paper.

Michael: Val, my man, we've got a challenge. We need to seal the deal with a tough client. I need your Russian charm.

Val: Consider it done, Coach Michael.

[Cut to Val in a meeting with the difficult client, utilizing his charm and wit to navigate the negotiation. However, as he tries to close the deal, he accidentally makes a "that's what she said" joke, causing the client to balk and ultimately reject the offer.]

Client: I'm sorry, but I don't think we'll be doing business with you.

[Val's face falls as he realizes his mistake.]

[Cut to the office, where Val returns, crestfallen, as his coworkers look on in disappointment.]

Jim: Tough break, Val.

Dwight: Should've stuck to hockey.

[Michael approaches Val with a somber expression.]

Michael: Val, I'm sorry, but I have to let you go. Making inappropriate jokes with clients is a serious offense.

Val: I understand, Michael. I'm sorry I let you down.

Michael: Maybe one day you'll be hoisting the Stanley Cup again, and I'll say, "Hey, I knew that guy!"

Val: And I'll say, "Hey, remember when you made me sell paper during the playoffs against the Dallas Stars?"

[Closing Theme Song Plays]

[Cut to black.]​

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Anyone know what channel the game will actually start on? I'm assuming 2.5 hours won't be enough for the preceding game. Does TNT use TBS or TruTV as their fallback? Need to setup the DVR.

Reactions: Murzu

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Anyone know what channel the game will actually start on? I'm assuming 2.5 hours won't be enough for the preceding game. Does TNT use TBS or TruTV as their fallback? Need to setup the DVR.
TNT usually allows for an extra 30 min. before puck drop. So why they say that the game starts at 8, it's closer to 8:30 or later. If it doesn't start on TNT because of OT, or something, they'll probably go to TruTV.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Can't f***ing wait.

1715290313913.png

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Not sure about the outcome of the game, I think Dallas is going to be pushing hard - but I think Cogs gets on the board with a dirty goal tonight

landpoke

May 21, 2020
Prediction: Halfway through the first John Forslund pauses and then whispers, almost to himself, "That's Jonathan Drouin's music." Drouin then drops from the rafters onto the ice in a cacophony of noise and fireworks. Avs proceed to score 12 unanswered and the Stars kneel before Landeskog (who it turns out was #BANG guy all along) and present him their sticks in surrender. Avs become the first team to win a 7 game series in 2. Probably.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I can’t believe the poll results so far. Didn’t expect this many forgiving people here

• Wow
Reactions: The Moops

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad