NCAA: 2017-18 Playoff/New Years Six Watch

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Put USC in. They'd lose but it'd way more entertaining than watching Barrett miss downfield and throw 5 yard curls all game.

I think the final stat was JT was 1/9 on throws over 15 yards. And at least 3-4 of them were wide open misses. :laugh:

I think Bama/OSU should have to play one another and USC get in just for the fun of it. Bama/OSU in a 5/6 game would be awesome.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
i just cant see ohio state competing against any of those teams that can match them on the oline. osu has no downfield passing attack.

Is Hurts any better?

I guess he has Ridley to bail him out and make plays.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I think Alabama is the best team out of those in contention for the final spot. I think Ohio State meets the "traditional" (although who know now) definition of deserving to go based on the CC and I think USC does the best of combining a conference title with being a good team as well.

I like USC so I would love to see them but I think they have zero chance at going.

It so tough because against basically anyone else Alabama or Ohio State would easily get the nod but with these two (and ND) the committee is stuck choosing between their golden children.

At this point I just hope Alabama gets left out to see the meltdowns from Tebow and Finnebaum.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Blah. :( Wanted Buckeyes even though I know they'd be smashed by Clemson. Because realistically - if you are in the playoffs, you have a chance. OSU proved that in 2014 after being big time dogs against Bama.

But now we get a worthless bowl game that doesn't matter. Just to fill the pockets of others. Boooo.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I guess go Oklahoma?

That is 4 really unlikable teams in the play-offs though. Ugh

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Could be a good gambling opportunity. I doubt Clemson will be favoured by more than a FG, but I can't see them winning by less than 2 TDs. Alabama simply hasn't looked very good this year (by their standards).

And this answered the question we've all wondered: Which of the committee's two beloved children would they pull out of the ocean if there's only one spot on the lifeboat? It's Alabama.

Reactions: TorMenT

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm really surprised that they went with what they deemed to be the 4 BEST teams over the 4 most DESERVING teams. Alabama really had a garbage resume compared to Ohio St. but they do pass the eye test as a top 4 team so interesting decision by the committee.

Alabama vs. Clemson and Oklahoma vs. Georgia are two powerhouse matchups. Probably the best group of 4 teams in the playoff era.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
surprised they got it right

at the end of the day, if it's about getting the 4 best teams in the playoff then they accomplished that

frankly the playoff committe would've made the season look like scam/fraud if they kept out a team that was ranked #1 for 13/14 weeks.

Ultimatley, you can't lose by 31-points to a 5-loss team. That L wasn't a wart on their esume, it was like having leprosy.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Could be a good gambling opportunity. I doubt Clemson will be favoured by more than a FG, but I can't see them winning by less than 2 TDs. Alabama simply hasn't looked very good this year (by their standards).

They showed Vegas last night would have Bama as a 3 point favorite. Let's see if they release that line.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
They showed Vegas last night would have Bama as a 3 point favorite. Let's see if they release that line.

Wow. I sure hope so.

Georgia-Oklahoma should be a great game though. Baker Mayfield vs what I believe is the best defense in the nation. I thought this would be the NCG, but Wisconsin losing pretty much locked OU and UGA into a semi-final match-up.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
They got it right. USC might have had a case too

In the end, the trouncing by Iowa killed OSU

You were right about the loss costing them. I thought they would value the wins and the championship more but guess not.
I do think that Alabama is clearly the better team by the eye test and I think that was the committee saw too.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad