NCAA: 2017-18 Playoff/New Years Six Watch

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
You can say what you want about Alabama. But they weren't blow out by a mediocre team from a poor division.

Wisconsin may have been unbeaten until last night. But they played absolutely no one good until last night either. Ohio State needed to make a statement last night. Not just win.

The thing is, what you say about Wisconsin applies precisely to Alabama as well. Both those teams lost their only game against a highly-ranked opponent. No good wins on either resume. Like I said yesterday, if there was ever a year to let an unbeaten G5 have the 4th playoff spot, this was it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Florida State was a good win for Alabama. FSU’s season falling apart doesn’t change that. They were definitely good at the time and then circumstances took over. That’s why we have humans doing this now instead of computers.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Florida State was a good win for Alabama. FSU’s season falling apart doesn’t change that. They were definitely good at the time and then circumstances took over. That’s why we have humans doing this now instead of computers.

FSU's season didn't fall apart, it never got off the ground. They were expected to be good, but turns out they were lousy. If they started 5-1 or something and imploded in the second half of the season it might be a different story, but they were junk from the opening snap of the season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
FSU's season didn't fall apart, it never got off the ground. They were expected to be good, but turns out they were lousy. If they started 5-1 or something and imploded in the second half of the season it might be a different story, but they were junk from the opening snap of the season.
The players and coach more or less quit on each other, but they had not for the first game and also played good teams tough. But they also lost their quarterback

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
The players and coach more or less quit on each other, but they had not for the first game and also played good teams tough. But they also lost their quarterback

So the players and coach all quit on each other after one game, but for that first game they were a strong team? Sorry, I can't buy that. Alabama may as well have beat Boston College or Virginia in that opening game. Sucks for their SOS that FSU had a terrible season, but it is what it is.

member 51464

I would've liked USC get the nod just for something different. Oh well. I'll be rooting for the Georgia-Oklahoma winner.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Can’t wait for a new commit or expanded playoffs where they really can’t get it wrong

(Except with 8 you might as well give a Ucf a shot and it’ll still never happen unless they go back to bcs)

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
For the people who are unhappy Bama is in, if Bama were to win it all, would you reconsider that position since clearly they would be one of the best four teams or are you just hoping for a result similar to Clemson-Ohio State that validates your position?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
For the people who are unhappy Bama is in, if Bama were to win it all, would you reconsider that position since clearly they would be one of the best four teams or are you just hoping for a result similar to Clemson-Ohio State that validates your position?

You can’t keep switching between. 4 best teams or 4 most deserving

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

So the players and coach all quit on each other after one game, but for that first game they were a strong team? Sorry, I can't buy that. Alabama may as well have beat Boston College or Virginia in that opening game. Sucks for their SOS that FSU had a terrible season, but it is what it is.

I watched almost every FSU game. They're at worst a 9 win team if Francois doesn't get hurt. Bama beat them at full strength, how FSU finished shouldn't be held against them.

I think the committee got it right.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
One year has nothing to do with the next

You don’t understand my point

Msu clearly not one of the best 4 teams that year they made it. But they deserved it.

Ohio State didn’t deserve to make it over Penn State. (Hell they really weren’t even better)

They won’t decide who should make the playoffs. The most deserving or who the best teams are in their mind. That is the real problem people have

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
did anyone really think they wouldn't include Bama?? I've seen steady outrage the past few days and I understand why people are mad, but its Bama... the shining star of NCAA football

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad