2017-18 NBA regular season thread

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Raptors lost again last night. Big game coming up vs. the Celtics. Think if they can win that 1 they'll get 1st in the East.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
He wont reach the KAT/Simmons/Davis level.

I don't think anyone expected him to be at that level. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be the best guard of his draft class though. And there is some pretty good competition there. Although I guess his role will be more combo guard with Simmons as the primary ball handler.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, heard about that with Irving. To bad. With both Irving gone and Hayward as well this won't be their yr. Hoping both guys are back healthy for next year.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
1 game now separates 5th to 9th in the West. Insanity.

Even Utah, who are 4th and 2 games up on 9th, are not out of the woods as they still have to face GSW and POR.

Clippers are 2 games out with 3 to play...BUT they face Denver and New Orleans in LA. If they win out, they have a decent shot.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Yeah, heard about that with Irving. To bad. With both Irving gone and Hayward as well this won't be their yr. Hoping both guys are back healthy for next year.
Things couldn't have worked out better for the raps. Boston is a very well coached team though.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Without Embiid.

Simmons just short of triple double in 1st half.

The Sixers actually play faster without Embiid and while you obviously want him back I think against a poor D like the Cavs the faster pace really works.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great game between the Sixers and Cavs. Sixers now move into the third seed.

The Raptors reward for winning the East might be LeBron in the second round instead of the ECF if the standings stay this way.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Pelicans and Wolves take care of business in games they had to have on the road. Butler's return tonight was a big boost for the Wolves.

5. NOP 45-34
6. SAS 45-34
7. OKC 45-34
8. MIN 45-35
---
9. DEN 44-35

Pure madness.

The possibility of some crazy 3 or 4 way tie is very real. MIN's excellent conference record looking like a big plus if such a scenario pops up. Heck, in about 24 hours we could see all these teams tied at 45-35 considering the Spurs play the Blazers, OKC plays Houston, NO plays GSW and DEN plays LAC.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
It really appears that either DEN @ MIN or SA @ NO will be win or go home on Wednesday.

Clippers being done is a big boost for the Pelicans since they go there on Monday.

The big question is how badly do the Blazers want the 3 seed? They face SA and DEN, both on the road, next. I believe they need to win both to clinch it on their own before game 82 when they face Utah (Utah is ahead 2-1 in season series).

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I love Players Only. Greg Anthony is not a bad PBP commentator.

LOL, the NHL could never pull that off. Imagine all these NHL retirees with boring personality doing NHL games.
Not many people enjoy Players Only from what I can tell reading online and stuff. Bashing the NHL and saying they couldn't do something the fans don't even like in the NBA is pretty lame.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I Imagine Rivers coached his last game for the Clips.
I doubt it honestly. Rivers was amazing this year. He battled through so many injuries and had the Clippers playing for a playoff spot even if they didn’t make it. They barely had a point guard all year, their starting small forward was injured for most of the year and Blake was injured for a while too. There have been multiple times where they only had 8 healthy guys and the rest were playing through injuries or try out contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00