2017-18 NBA regular season thread

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I feel bad for Isaiah. ****ty thing to happen right before he was finally going to get paid.

Same. It's hard not to feel for him when he played through the injury (and personal tragedy) in the playoffs to help his team and it likely ended up costing him over $100M.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I wish I could erase those Pistons are a playoff lock from earlier this season.

Reggie Jackson getting hurt, again, absolutely killed them. Again.

Not an excuse but it's probably time for some changes now.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Same. It's hard not to feel for him when he played through the injury (and personal tragedy) in the playoffs to help his team and it likely ended up costing him over $100M.

NBA teams are hardly ever loyal to you unless your an upper echelon player like Bron, KD, Harden etc. Even tho IT had a huge year and playoffs for Boston last year, I doubt he was getting the max even if he had stayed with them this year. Didn't matter to them that he missed minimal time after his sis died or that he played thru a nasty injury.

He'll probably end up signing a 1 year deal with a middle of the pack team to rebuild his value.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
NBA teams are hardly ever loyal to you unless your an upper echelon player like Bron, KD, Harden etc. Even tho IT had a huge year and playoffs for Boston last year, I doubt he was getting the max even if he had stayed with them this year. Didn't matter to them that he missed minimal time after his sis died or that he played thru a nasty injury.

He'll probably end up signing a 1 year deal with a middle of the pack team to rebuild his value.
I agree. I don't think a good team would be interested in signing him to a max contract because of his defensive liabilities.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Poor Suns. Blow a 20+ lead in Houston and lose on a Green 3 point buzzer beater.

Harden played like Shaq at the FT line last night.

I agree. I don't think a good team would be interested in signing him to a max contract because of his defensive liabilities.

If he had been healthy this year and produced like last year, I still don't think he'd get the max but then again theres always one desperate team who overpays.

Reactions: Stylizer1

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Need the Raptors to make some noise this year. No reason not to win.
If DeRozan isn't the difference maker then they lose. He seems like a player who would rather spread the blame around rather than put the team on his shoulders and go down fighting. At some point I like when we turns into me because in basketball 1 players does make a difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Melrose Munch

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Typical Raptors. Facing a top player in the NBA? Can’t handle it. Same team that could barely handle Paul George on a mediocre Pacers team. Out in the 2nd round, as is tradition.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Denver wins and suddenly we've got an amazing race between OKC, MIN, NO and DEN. 1 1/2 games separate them. 1 of those teams will be out. With OKC having only 3 games left and having to play @ HOU and @ MIA . With 2 MIN-DEN games on tap. With NO having @ GSW and vs SA left. With DEN also having a game vs POR.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
I just don't see them as clear favorite against any team in the top 8. Something happens to them every year in the playoffs where they forget everything.

I wouldnt say clear favorites but I would take them against every team except the Cavs and getting that #1 seed would mean only having to face the Celtics or Cavs in the ECF

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Denver wins and suddenly we've got an amazing race between OKC, MIN, NO and DEN. 1 1/2 games separate them. 1 of those teams will be out. With OKC having only 3 games left and having to play @ HOU and @ MIA . With 2 MIN-DEN games on tap. With NO having @ GSW and vs SA left. With DEN also having a game vs POR.
Clippers are still in the race too.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Let's see how everything plays out in the East before we anoint Cleveland the NBA title favorites.

Cavs have a lot of red flags that can't just be ignored because LeBron.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I love Players Only. Greg Anthony is not a bad PBP commentator.

LOL, the NHL could never pull that off. Imagine all these NHL retirees with boring personality doing NHL games.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I love Players Only. Greg Anthony is not a bad PBP commentator.

LOL, the NHL could never pull that off. Imagine all these NHL retirees with boring personality doing NHL games.

The NHL Live crew calling a game would be interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad