2017-18 NBA regular season thread

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
I want the Warriors to have a tough road this year, OKC then UtahPortland, then Houston then a good east team. They should beat anyone but if they have that road the games will be worth watching. The standings are incredible this year, so much young talent, so many good teams. Shouldn't be a cake walk this year.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If OKC misses the playoffs then russ needs to change his game. Iverson didn't get it until it was too late.

Iverson made the finals basically on his own. & won a game against the dynasty Lakers.

I have discussed it with many of my friends and we all agree that neither the Rockets or Warriors will have an answer for Embiid.

Likewise the Sixers wont have answer of any one of Harden/Paul/Curry/KD/Klay.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Iverson made the finals basically on his own. & won a game against the dynasty Lakers.

Likewise the Sixers wont have answer of any one of Harden/Paul/Curry/KD/Klay.
But no rings! Does Russ want his legacy to be a diet Iverson? Sixers have Covington and Saric, and Fultz should at least play some defense imo.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
But no rings! Does Russ want his legacy to be a diet Iverson? Sixers have Covington and Saric, and Fultz should at least play some defense imo.

None of those guys are a match for the players mentioned. We're talking about 5 of the top 15 players in the league.

Iversons playing style wasn't why he never won. The Sixers inability to surround him with talent was. Look at the Nets -- they also had a top guard and made back to back finals.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Huge game tonight. I like both teams so I don't know who to root for but if I had to pick one, I'd go with the Wolves. I just hope Wiggins plays well because he has been getting killed recently and even I can't defend him this time. He has regressed in pretty much all areas and not just because others are taking opportunities away from him.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
If Butler didn't get hurt they would have been easily top 5 in the West.
meh every team has had their fair share of key injuries.

They'll have Butler for the playoffs if they make it..... and they are still gonna get stomped.

Honestly Minny is not gonna be Philly West like many thought they'd be (IE young team who's gonna be a top team for the next decade once in their prime) largely because Andrew Wiggins is just not the guy Minny thought he was. Don't get me wrong, they're likely set up to be a constant playoff team for years to come, but probably with a 2nd round ceiling unless changes happen.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
My god, the Sixers are hotter than fire. Going to go into the playoffs winning 16 straight. DESTROYING the Bucks right now. Imagine if Embiid was healthy during the recent portion of this streak.

Minny is up 7, late 2nd Q.

Pelicans and Thunder are rolling.

Last edited:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Teague 3 pointer! Wolves up 8 with 4 minutes left.

And that lead evaporates in like 90 seconds. Wow. What a game. Jamal Murray, good Canadian boy!

Last edited:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Huge game tonight. I like both teams so I don't know who to root for but if I had to pick one, I'd go with the Wolves. I just hope Wiggins plays well because he has been getting killed recently and even I can't defend him this time. He has regressed in pretty much all areas and not just because others are taking opportunities away from him.
Porter better

Some crappy plays by both teams down the stretch. Watched last 3 quarters and still can't decide who I'm going for.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was a fun game. The Wolves stars came through in the end and Jokic looked tired after carrying the Nuggets in the second half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad