Boston Bruins 2017-18 Bruins Regular Season

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I think it’s incredibly stupid for Krug to play on Thursday.

He’s not scheduled for his X-ray until Friday and pushing that up just so he can play opening night is just dumb. He needs to be fully healed before being in the line up.
Why does he need to be fully healed? It's his jaw, not his knee. The jaw is a long ways from the heart and Krug is all heart.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
vatrano is as good a prospect as the bruins have besides mcavoy probably. i think he can figure out how to keep his stick on the ice in the dzone. tyler seguin trade level stupidity all over again if they decide to dump him at this point because of a few mistakes.

I agree Billings. Vatrano is a damn good prospect and not just because he tore up the AHL. He also scored nearly 20 goals in his first 80 NHL games. He's fast, he's physical and he has a unique shot. I don't understand the treatment he and Czarnik have been given while DeBrusk gets anointed the Krejci sidecar. I like DeBrusk, but I really hope they don't miss out on developing Vatrano because they're too busy staring at the shiny new toys.

If they waive Vatrano (or trade Vatrano for nothing) and keep Schaller, Nash and Beleskey I will lose my shit.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I agree Billings. Vatrano is a damn good prospect and not just because he tore up the AHL. He also scored nearly 20 goals in his first 80 NHL games. He's fast, he's physical and he has a unique shot. I don't understand the treatment he and Czarnik have been given while DeBrusk gets anointed the Krejci sidecar. I like DeBrusk, but I really hope they don't miss out on developing Vatrano because they're too busy staring at the shiny new toys.

If they waive Vatrano (or trade Vatrano for nothing) and keep Schaller, Nash and Beleskey I will lose my ****.

Absolutely.

He needs to be better, but I've seen several comparisons to Chris Bourque and Matt Fraser and they are so off-base. Bourque was a AAAA player who was undersized, not terribly fast, and never produced at the NHL level.

Fraser was a terrible skater, period.

People forget that despite being a 1st year pro in 2015-16, and having a set-back last year with the foot injury, he still has scored at a .25 GPG (20 goal pace). I don't even care about his AHL totals, 20 goal guys with warts still have value in the NHL.

I said this in another post but the 6 guys in the bottom 6 pegged to start the season only scored 45 goals combined last year. Even if he was on the 4th line bringing his physicality and hustle, and popped 15, that's a valuable piece to a hockey club.

Schaller, Nash, and Acciari didn't have 20 goals between them last year, despite Schaller seeing ample time on the 2nd line.

I get why Nash is playing (although I'd prefer Kuraly in that 4th line C spot) and Acciari to a degree for his hitting (and the fact he's a natural RW).

But if they waive Vatrano and keep Schaller (who I don't hate BTW) it's a mistake.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/bruins-announce-transactions/c-291553186

O'Gara got sended down. So it's either Gryz or Postma in the opening night line-up.

People know how positive I typically am, but the move with ROG seems similar to some of the stuff with the F’s? I like Grizz (have him on my SIM League team), but I thought both Lauzon and ROG were better in the preseason. It appears that this is about skill set and the B’s are preparing as if Krug will not play Thursday.

I get the line of thinking, but Grizz is NOT Krug. Krug is short, but the kid is a tank. His forearms and legs are huge and while he’s not the best defensive D, he at least competes for pucks every play. Grizz seems willing, but I haven’t seen him win a lot of puck battles. If you don’t win those all the PM and offensive skills in the world aren’t going to mean a thing.

I’m very happy the B’s are integrating youth into the lineup. Just not sure it’s the right youth?

Reactions: JCRO

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

If they waive Vatrano (or trade Vatrano for nothing) and keep Schaller, Nash and Beleskey I will lose my ****.

I will be livid...Schallers and Nashes are all over the league Vatrano has potential.

robinsonp16

Jan 12, 2017
Vatrano might be a prime trade option though. I think Bjork and Debrusk will ultimately size top 6 spots which would put Vatrano on 3rd line for foreseeable future. With JFK, Senyshen, Cehlarik still in the system, a young talent like Vatrano could be really valuable to some team out there.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Why does he need to be fully healed? It's his jaw, not his knee. The jaw is a long ways from the heart and Krug is all heart.

because one hit or contact with an opponent in just the wrong spot could mean trouble. Selfishly I want him back but if I`m thinking with logic and reason (rare for me), this team starts with a toughie vs the Preds, then have 2 v the Avs, one vs the Yotes, Nucks and Vegas, without Krug, there is no reason this team shouldn`t be able to steer the ship without a ton of issues. Let him heal fully, then play him IMO

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm not happy with O'Gara being sent down, I thought he definitely outplayed Gryz. :rant:

And what happened to Czarnik that he's on IR? Guy can't seem to catch a break :(

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I put down a few real bucks on the Bruins to win the division. +700 was too enticing. I also put money on Karlsson to win the Hart at +2500. That's not because I like him, it's because the media fawns over him constantly. OMG, he made a saucer pass.

robinsonp16

Jan 12, 2017
Does it bother anyone else that none of the Boston sports radio stations are talking Bruins, not even a little. 98.5 and WEEI don't even give a whisper. They had a segment of Celtics preseason the other day but have yet to touch on B's regular season.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
People know how positive I typically am, but the move with ROG seems similar to some of the stuff with the F’s? I like Grizz (have him on my SIM League team), but I thought both Lauzon and ROG were better in the preseason. It appears that this is about skill set and the B’s are preparing as if Krug will not play Thursday.

I get the line of thinking, but Grizz is NOT Krug. Krug is short, but the kid is a tank. His forearms and legs are huge and while he’s not the best defensive D, he at least competes for pucks every play. Grizz seems willing, but I haven’t seen him win a lot of puck battles. If you don’t win those all the PM and offensive skills in the world aren’t going to mean a thing.

I’m very happy the B’s are integrating youth into the lineup. Just not sure it’s the right youth?

I agree with this. I thought Grizz looked the worst out of these three.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Does it bother anyone else that none of the Boston sports radio stations are talking Bruins, not even a little. 98.5 and WEEI don't even give a whisper. They had a segment of Celtics preseason the other day but have yet to touch on B's regular season.

From all I read here from fans, I`d be more surprised if the stations did put any focus on the B`s. Sox about to embark on the playoffs, NFL in full swing......I dunno, sounds like most times any Boston station talks hockey, most here say they don`t know what they are talking about? I used to stream the odd sports talk station out of Boston but pretty much stopped it for this reason

OT: I`m far more concerned about Bergy starting tomorrow night than talk radio

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I put down a few real bucks on the Bruins to win the division. +700 was too enticing. I also put money on Karlsson to win the Hart at +2500. That's not because I like him, it's because the media fawns over him constantly. OMG, he made a saucer pass.

I used to be an EK hater, but I have come 180 on him. At one time he was awful defensively, but he has really shored up that part of his game. He’s never going to be Rod Langway, but his ridiculous skating skills give him the ability to rush the puck and join the offense, but still get back in the play.

There is, literally, not another Dman like him in the league.

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
I used to be an EK hater, but I have come 180 on him. At one time he was awful defensively, but he has really shored up that part of his game. He’s never going to be Rod Langway, but his ridiculous skating skills give him the ability to rush the puck and join the offense, but still get back in the play.

There is, literally, not another Dman like him in the league.

Agreed. Seeing what he did on one leg against the Bruins in the playoffs really made me a believer. He is a special player for sure.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I'm not happy with O'Gara being sent down, I thought he definitely outplayed Gryz. :rant:

And what happened to Czarnik that he's on IR? Guy can't seem to catch a break :(

He has a nasty virus infection.

Reactions: BMC

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Vatrano is a solid prospect, but he is currently a one trick pony with his shot. Probably a top 5 shot on the team, but he is a one zone player and he is garbage in the neutral and defensive zone. Schaller and Beleskey have shown better three zone play and Debrusk just flat beat him out with better play. If Vatrano wants to solidify his game he needs to concern himself more with his two way game.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Vatrano is a solid prospect, but he is currently a one trick pony with his shot. Probably a top 5 shot on the team, but he is a one zone player and he is garbage in the neutral and defensive zone. Schaller and Beleskey have shown better three zone play and Debrusk just flat beat him out with better play. If Vatrano wants to solidify his game he needs to concern himself more with his two way game.
Vatrano was great for a couple weeks two years ago. He needs to go to Providence or, better yet, simply go away.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Long time Bruin fans will relate to the attached story recapping the tumultuous life on one Derek “Turk” Sanderson. For younger fans who may not be familiar with his life In hockey both with and away from the Bruins, the attached article provides a good recap of a life nearly lost to addiction and financial ruin and his long road back. The way back was Turk acknowledges was so closely tied to his good friend Bobby Orr. His “ Crossing The Line” book chronicles the story and is certainly worth a read. Can consider this as a good overview of that book.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/niagara-falls-derek-sanderson-crashed-rose/

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

Irking me big time. Day after opening night and friggin crickets. All week long, repeat crickets. I've been listening to wfan for Yankee coverage after two hours waiting for hockey talk this entire past week.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad