Boston Bruins 2017-18 Bruins Regular Season

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I hope they are trying to showcase Beleskey, trade is the only option with him. Has to be a package deal, gotta make room for Cehlarik or even Agostino, much better options at this point and cheaper.

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
Maybe we'll get lucky, he'll see the light. Start crashing the net looking for greasy goals and increase his value a little bit. More likely he'll continue to decline and be dead weight riding the pine. He's got the tools but doesn't seem to know how to use them.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
So I think this is as good a place as any to share a few of the things I experienced while at the Bruins face off Gala.

First off I got the tickets for free from a company so I may be bias but the event was awesome... almost the entire team and management staff was there and all of them were open to talk to anyone about anything. Also open bar and free food!

So players I talked to:
Carlo is an awesome kid super self aware as well. I asked how last year was during our conversation and he openly admitted he expected to be in providence last season, I agreed... but it seems like he is still just trying to soak it all in...
Bjork is very nice and understands how awesome it is to play with bergy and Marchy, he also commented on his decision to leave ND said it wasn't easy but felt it was time, I commented that so far looks like the right decision and he laughed.
Spooner was nice enough but i didn't talk to him long. I did hear him say he's bored being limited in workouts...
Met Bergeron chara backes tuukka and marchand but only for a brief moment, all were professional as you'd expect.
Pasta was having fun, kids just happy to be alive I think. Made jokes, talked to everyone and actually looked like he was enjoying himself.
Miller only talked to me for a minute then got pulled away by someone with a nametag on... he has a brace on his hand. I don't think he likes these kind of events much.
Krug wasn't nearly as personable as I expected but who knows, maybe he just didn't like me.
Mcavoy was nice, didn't talk to him long though but he was down to earth and jokes around.
Krejci was super nice, jokes around a bit. He did tell me he'd be good to go Thursday so that's nice. He was super easy to talk to and seemed to be enjoying himself.
Had a good talk with Sweeney, he was pretty open about having to use so many kids so early and injuries being a bitch. I told him that the preseason was awesome with so many kids pushing and he sounded relieved when he was able to say he was glad some of them are playing to the level he hoped They would. I had just talked to Bjork before I saw Sweeney and brought up how nice he was, I threw in how worried I was he was going yo pull a vesey and he flat out said "Oh god so was i"... so that's funny. But he stressed how he wants to make all the prospects signed or not feel like they're part of the franchise from day one then when its time to sign its not leaving team a for team b but moving up inside of one structure. Bjork had nothing but good things to say about Boston and how it was all handled.

I'm on my phone so sorry of this is messy but wanted to share some of my thoughts... definitely a cool event and actually talking to players outside all the scriptsd BS was fun.

cheg1349

Mar 8, 2006
Cape Cod, MA
So I think this is as good a place as any to share a few of the things I experienced while at the Bruins face off Gala.

First off I got the tickets for free from a company so I may be bias but the event was awesome... almost the entire team and management staff was there and all of them were open to talk to anyone about anything. Also open bar and free food!

So players I talked to:
Carlo is an awesome kid super self aware as well. I asked how last year was during our conversation and he openly admitted he expected to be in providence last season, I agreed... but it seems like he is still just trying to soak it all in...
Bjork is very nice and understands how awesome it is to play with bergy and Marchy, he also commented on his decision to leave ND said it wasn't easy but felt it was time, I commented that so far looks like the right decision and he laughed.
Spooner was nice enough but i didn't talk to him long. I did hear him say he's bored being limited in workouts...
Met Bergeron chara backes tuukka and marchand but only for a brief moment, all were professional as you'd expect.
Pasta was having fun, kids just happy to be alive I think. Made jokes, talked to everyone and actually looked like he was enjoying himself.
Miller only talked to me for a minute then got pulled away by someone with a nametag on... he has a brace on his hand. I don't think he likes these kind of events much.
Krug wasn't nearly as personable as I expected but who knows, maybe he just didn't like me.
Mcavoy was nice, didn't talk to him long though but he was down to earth and jokes around.
Krejci was super nice, jokes around a bit. He did tell me he'd be good to go Thursday so that's nice. He was super easy to talk to and seemed to be enjoying himself.
Had a good talk with Sweeney, he was pretty open about having to use so many kids so early and injuries being a *****. I told him that the preseason was awesome with so many kids pushing and he sounded relieved when he was able to say he was glad some of them are playing to the level he hoped They would. I had just talked to Bjork before I saw Sweeney and brought up how nice he was, I threw in how worried I was he was going yo pull a vesey and he flat out said "Oh god so was i"... so that's funny. But he stressed how he wants to make all the prospects signed or not feel like they're part of the franchise from day one then when its time to sign its not leaving team a for team b but moving up inside of one structure. Bjork had nothing but good things to say about Boston and how it was all handled.

I'm on my phone so sorry of this is messy but wanted to share some of my thoughts... definitely a cool event and actually talking to players outside all the scriptsd BS was fun.

Great post to read, sounds like you had an awesome time. Surprised at some of the candid responses, you get so used to hearing the same cookie cutter responses from all athletes and front office people. I'm sure the open bar helped.

Reactions: northeastern

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

So players I talked to:
Had a good talk with Sweeney, he was pretty open about having to use so many kids so early and injuries being a *****. I told him that the preseason was awesome with so many kids pushing and he sounded relieved when he was able to say he was glad some of them are playing to the level he hoped They would. I had just talked to Bjork before I saw Sweeney and brought up how nice he was, I threw in how worried I was he was going yo pull a vesey and he flat out said "Oh god so was i"... so that's funny. But he stressed how he wants to make all the prospects signed or not feel like they're part of the franchise from day one then when its time to sign its not leaving team a for team b but moving up inside of one structure. Bjork had nothing but good things to say about Boston and how it was all handled.

Thanks for the insights! Sounds like you had a great time.

Reactions: northeastern

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
This play a game, wait a week, play another game - schedule...isn't helping.

The Bruins need to get one line up and play games, at most, every 3rd night.

I mean they could probably use the break with all the injuries, but super frustrating as a fan...especially since we keep looking forward to it for a week and then they lay a stinker, it really adds to the frustration (at least for me)

Reactions: billings21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad