Cambridge, MA

Now the games count.

upload_2017-10-2_2-16-43.png

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Woooooooooooooooooooo!

That was a long off season. Lets get it going!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Woooooooooooooooooooo!

That was a long off season. Lets get it going!

my super inside sources tell me that Pasta and DS are regular lurkers here on HF and were getting an absolute kick outta all the banter, hysteria, paranoia going on here and decided to ride the contract out up to the last minute just to drive us nuts:)

I would have put the sarcasm symbol on there, I can`t figure out where it is in this new format

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
:sarcasm:

That one? It's under the "Misc." tab.

ok thx, I see the different tabs but when I hit them, nothing drops down? Oh well, I`ll just make a comment and leave it up to the reader to determine if I`m being a sarcastic SOB or attack me for making an asinine statement as usual

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Certainly waiting patiently for cuts to come down. I really would like to have a better idea of what Thursday's line-up will look like, as well as the P-Bruins.

Reactions: northeastern

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
ok thx, I see the different tabs but when I hit them, nothing drops down? Oh well, I`ll just make a comment and leave it up to the reader to determine if I`m being a sarcastic SOB or attack me for making an asinine statement as usual

I couldn't get it to work either.

Last edited:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Wouldn't be surprised if someone picked up Purcell...he played good actually, just too much of a logjam here.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Swap out JFK with Bergy and looks like opening night line up

D pairs

Issues I see/have:

1) They are going to try to force the Pasta/DK duo. Despite both players saying they like being with one another, I have yet to see any spark there.

2) I'm not sure how I feel about DeBrusk in the 2nd line LW spot. He was good in Camp, but so were Heinen and Kuraly.

3) I understand what they are trying to do with the 3rd line, but neither Backes, nor Beleskey can skate with Spooner. One "trailer" is OK, but I am not sure two guys that slow will work with 51? Personally, I would rather see Kuraly in this spot.

I get it, Beleskey makes almost $4m and they are going to give him a chance to earn it. Don't have to like it though.

Once Krug is back in place of Grizz, I actually like those D pairings quite a bit.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Issues I see/have:

1) They are going to try to force the Pasta/DK duo. Despite both players saying they like being with one another, I have yet to see any spark there.

2) I'm not sure how I feel about DeBrusk in the 2nd line LW spot. He was good in Camp, but so were Heinen and Kuraly.

3) I understand what they are trying to do with the 3rd line, but neither Backes, nor Beleskey can skate with Spooner. One "trailer" is OK, but I am not sure two guys that slow will work with 51? Personally, I would rather see Kuraly in this spot.

I get it, Beleskey makes almost $4m and they are going to give him a chance to earn it. Don't have to like it though.

Once Krug is back in place of Grizz, I actually like those D pairings quite a bit.
I agree. Would greatly prefer to see Schaller as 13. Belskey on the 4th and Kuraly with Backes and Spooner.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I agree. Would greatly prefer to see Schaller as 13. Belskey on the 4th and Kuraly with Backes and Spooner.

Agree on the 3rd line, and Beleskey (for the time being). I would put Schaller as the 13 and Vatrano as the 14. If you could only keep 13 F's I would waive Schaller because I think he will clear and Vatrano would get claimed.

That being said, I prefer Heinen and Czarnik to either Schaller or Vatrano at this point. I am hoping that Sweeney is trying to find a home on other teams for some of the extra forwards.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Your bang on, that line WILL NOT WORK, because of the reason you bring up. It's a slightly upgraded version of Belesky-Spooner-Hayes, a line that has been tried time and time again and it's been a proven failure.

If they are desperate to get Belesky going to justify his salary, put him back with Krejci, the only center on this team he has had ANY success with. Put Backes with them, let Krejci do his thing carrying the puck, slow things down, give the two slower footed players time to do their thing.

I'd go

Marchand - Bergeron - Bjork
Belesky - Krejci - Backes
Kuraly - Spooner - Pastrnak
Debrusk - Nash - Acciari

13th F - Vatrano
14th F - Schaller

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Schaller deserves his spot back on the 4th line, he’s looked solid during camp, far better than Vatrano that’s for sure

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Agree on the 3rd line, and Beleskey (for the time being). I would put Schaller as the 13 and Vatrano as the 14. If you could only keep 13 F's I would waive Schaller because I think he will clear and Vatrano would get claimed.

That being said, I prefer Heinen and Czarnik to either Schaller or Vatrano at this point. I am hoping that Sweeney is trying to find a home on other teams for some of the extra forwards.
I agree completely.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Schaller deserves his spot back on the 4th line, he’s looked solid during camp, far better than Vatrano that’s for sure

The thing is, Schaller is very similar to Nash and a number of other younger defensive prospects the B's have. I have always wanted the B's to use the 4th line to season a prospect (ala Marchand) as opposed to rolling out three defensive minded "grinders". Would rather see Heinen, Czarnik, Vatrano, even Gabrielle before Schaller or similar.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The thing is, Schaller is very similar to Nash and a number of other younger defensive prospects the B's have. I have always wanted the B's to use the 4th line to season a prospect (ala Marchand) as opposed to rolling out three defensive minded "grinders". Would rather see Heinen, Czarnik, Vatrano, even Gabrielle before Schaller or similar.

Exactly.

And to make it worse, the guys they have who I think could be that 4th line prospect (similar like you said to Marchand in 2011), to me, all play the type of game that they won't look out of place on the 4th line. All 3 of Debrusk, Heinen, and Vatrano have some elements to their games that would fit the 4th line, but still bring some skill, scoring punch, and upside.

Even back in January 2016 when Pasta returned from his foot injury early in the year, started out on the 4th line with Talbot and it didn't hurt the Bruins.

Also helps if you lose a Top 9 forward at any point to have that skill guy on the 4th line who can be promoted.

Would also give them an in-game option if Belesky isn't working out.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Exactly.

And to make it worse, the guys they have who I think could be that 4th line prospect (similar like you said to Marchand in 2011), to me, all play the type of game that they won't look out of place on the 4th line. All 3 of Debrusk, Heinen, and Vatrano have some elements to their games that would fit the 4th line, but still bring some skill, scoring punch, and upside.

Even back in January 2016 when Pasta returned from his foot injury early in the year, started out on the 4th line with Talbot and it didn't hurt the Bruins.

Also helps if you lose a Top 9 forward at any point to have that skill guy on the 4th line who can be promoted.

Would also give them an in-game option if Belesky isn't working out.

This is why I like it.

You know that there will be injuries during the year. I would rather have given a prospect with some offensive upside playing time on the 4th line to start and plug that guy into the injury spot higher up in the lineup than expect that same kid to come in "cold" from PRO and have to adjust to the speed of the NHL game on the fly, while playing against Top 9 talent.

There is no doubt in my mind that Heinen, DeBrusk, Vatrano, or Gabrielle could play on the 4th line wing and not hurt the team.

Reactions: Estlin

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I guess the theory that the pre-season was a try-out was just that; a theory. These are the lines they entered camp with, and these are the lines they leave camp with. Beleskey was outplayed by a handful of players. The guy that looked the best, Czarnik, doesn't appear to have a role (although he may have some injury issues).

I couldn't agree more on the 4th line. I'd much rather see Vatrano-Nash-Czarnik or Vatrano-Czarnik/Nash-Heinen than these 3 guys they're currently rolling with and I actually think all 3 had a good pre-season. They simply need to give these guys opportunities and more importantly, experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->