Post-Game Talk: 2017-18 Around the League Thread | Luca Sbisa, Stanley Cup Goat

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
While Drai can't really carry his own line, he does play C. With better supporting players, maybe he holds down 2C?

Really, the oilers pro scouting and inability to draft outside the first round is what's killed that team.

That's definitely hurt. They would probably have been fine if they didn't trade Hall for Larsson, and Eberle for Strome. Also if they didn't trade the Barzal pick for Reinhart. 3 huge blunders right there. Still lacking puck moving defensemen.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
That's definitely hurt. They would probably have been fine if they didn't trade Hall for Larsson, and Eberle for Strome. Also if they didn't trade the Barzal pick for Reinhart. 3 huge blunders right there. Still lacking puck moving defensemen.
Heh. Really, even just picking Barzal puts them in so much stronger a position. Barzal and McDavid as your 1/2? Ugh.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Why are you stopping at 2016????????
Haha, I know, I could have put "to present."

cycleofacceptance21.gif

I see 2014-2016 as #2 to #4. Our peak anger and despair as we watched the dismantling of the team and terrible moves.

2017 to present, there is no question now that our team has been run into the ground and is years away from any success. We are in the depression stage, IMO, where we can still be angry but I would also say a lot of us have lost interest because we feel defeated. For example, we used to bicker on here about lesser issues like #7/8 dmen & 13th/14th fwds and AHL moves. I feel like these don't even interest me much anymore.

Acceptance won't come until he's fired.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I massively disagree that Galchenyuk was a 'huge chip'. I doubt there was much interest at all around the league for him. The guy is one of the most unplayable ES players in the NHL at this point and an extremely difficult fit into any sort of good team.

From an asset management perspective, they get multiple extra years of team control with Domi relative to a player who was clearly not going to be on their team when he became a UFA in 2020.

i agree. domi is a not as talented but more reliable complete player and a decent gamble to be able to handle and even thrive in a fishbowl having grown up in one.

talent is not everything. klima was talented.

arizona definitely wins on upside but let's see it before we call the trade for them.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Rumors MTL is taking to EDM too. Wonder if they're going to try for RNH if they can't get ROR or Tavares.

Would Edmonton really still be looking to trade RNH after he proved to be such a good fit at LW with McDavid for the latter half of last season? If that chemistry holds up seems like he'd be more valuable to Edmonton than to a team needing a 2nd line center.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
That was not an elaboration. That was just more vague nonsense.

When did teams err by trading away a guy they knew they were not going to re-sign to Vegas for a similarly productive player the same age whom they could have under cost control for an extra two seasons?
You don't get it :popcorn:
Anyway, are you telling me that Galchenyuk is as same as Domi :sarcasm:

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Wtf Jordy Bellerive (Pens prospect), another Lethbridge player, and an alumnus injured in a fire at a stag party and one of them is in critical condition?

Last edited by a moderator:

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Trotz not returning in Washington (his choice).

Would be an incredible coup for NYI to snag him as part of their organizational overhaul.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Explained by Friedman:

i think that means trotz had an option to extend that he chose not to exercise due to the salary, and then the caps would not meet his price.

certainly sounds like he had another dumptruck full of cash offer in his back pocket. or he hated coaching those guys.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Klima had some "issues" but still managed a fairly lengthy NHL career (not too bad considering he only a 5th round pick). Managed to score an important goal or two in the post-season as well.

that feeling when your greatest hockey moment comes after you have been benched for 4 straight periods in a stanley cup final?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Sure beats my greatest hockey moment - being in the bathroom & missing seeing Paul Henderson's goal against the Russians in 1972....:laugh:

i was at an arsenal match circa 2003. highbury had these brutal seats under the upper deck where your sight lines were blocked by supporting pillars and also you could not see the full pitch to the far touch line because the upper deck hungdown so low. this part was doubly bad because people would stand up when stuff happened.

anyway, thierry henry scored a hat trick and one way or another all three goals were completely blocked to me.

Reactions: Hit the post

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Id think so as well. Not really a big deal. Show management and trainers saying hello, practice and game footage, players showing the camera around the city etc

when it's expected, not doing it makes a negative statement.

there is an outside chance one of these things catches the zeitgeist.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
when it's expected, not doing it makes a negative statement.

there is an outside chance one of these things catches the zeitgeist.
Im sure players are given a clip to watch thats pretty generic after a trade or signing. Im not sure about really customized ones to a specific player like a big UFA. Would be interesting to see them though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad