2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Ovi is on another planet right now with his play.

Ovi is playing great overall but Kuznetsov is really driving that line (see I was beat to it by Frank) and a shout out to Eller who has been unreal the entire playoffs, where did that come from with him? The whole team is playing at a very high level, ever since the second half of Game 5 against Pittsburgh.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Tampa doesn't know what hit em these first two games.

Will be interesting to see if they can make a series out of it when it goes on the road.

They look shellshocked.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Good on the Caps for not letting up after finally getting past the Pens. Backstrom's not even out there yet.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Lightning acting like babies is making it satisfying to watch them lose. Fake tough guys kicking players in the back of their legs. Meh, get outta here.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Lightning acting like babies is making it satisfying to watch them lose. Fake tough guys kicking players in the back of their legs. Meh, get outta here.

That play by Kucherov typifies what I think about the punk ass Lightning. What a joke. Whats their excuse this season?

Hope they're out golfing next week.

I might watch the replay just for some Shadenfreude. did Johnson cry at all?

Reactions: oobga

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The refs jammed on the unsportsmanlike penalty to Kucherov. Kicking is a match penalty which is followed by an automatic hearing. They didn’t want to send Kucherov to the principles office. Kucherov already avoided a suspension with his head shot which was identical to Doughtys hit/suspension. If the league has a shred of credibility left with respect to player safety they will give Kucherov a 1 game suspension.

All this said I have never seen such chippy childish play. Players are out there running around like Ratboy because nobody will drop the gloves and hold you accountable. If the league is phasing out fighting then they damn well need to call the after the whistle slashes, butt ends, and associated bullshit including the embellishment. It’s beginning to look like soccer out there.

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
That was an embarrassing display by the refs yesterday.

Too bad the NHL is immune to embarrassment.
Anyone catch the panel on the whole non high stick? Kyperos vs Hrudey and Freidman.

Was pretty funny.

I agree with both sides. I mean if it was as a simple as Freidman said I'd be all for it, but I could see the league stopping play and taking it's sweet as time doing replays.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Anyone catch the panel on the whole non high stick? Kyperos vs Hrudey and Freidman.

Was pretty funny.

I agree with both sides. I mean if it was as a simple as Freidman said I'd be all for it, but I could see the league stopping play and taking it's sweet as time doing replays.
A 10 second review would've cleared the entire thing up. I'm pretty sure it was even on the scoreboard.

But the root of the issue is incompetent officiating.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
A 10 second review would've cleared the entire thing up. I'm pretty sure it was even on the scoreboard.

But the root of the issue is incompetent officiating.
Which is only going to get worse. Mentioned it before this season how can it get better when you expand and force yourself to either over work the good guys or bring in yet another rookie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad