2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Man I hope the Jets win the Cup solely due to Laine getting a Cup before Matthews lol. That'd be awesome.

lol. Yeah, that is the main thing that draws me away from just hoping OV wins one finally. Would be beautiful to see the endless Matthews vs Laine argument/debate get a cup win thrown into it :)

Reactions: Zaddy

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Good for the Jets. They just played a game 7 on Thursday, on the road, had to fly home, regear, and get all up for a tilt at home on Saturday. Joke NHL scheduling which really favored Knights but the Jets took it anyway which is great.

That Tuch got blew up and Fleury got to in the first period in first game is something else. Jets have depth like no Pacific club does.

Just think, the Jets are 3 W's away from a SC final. Its happening too. Just a matter of how many games it takes.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
TB decides to do everything they can to keep only TB fans at the games and if not, then restrict the dress code.

I hope they remember to also do this when they beg for northerners to attend their games because they can't fill the arena with their own fans.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Vegas looked a little sluggish and didn’t execute well last night due to some rest rust.

Going to be a very different game 2.

Be very surprised if Vegas don’t take this in 6.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
The NHL is such a ****show and they'll do nothing to fix it.
All i wanted to do is sit down and watch a conference finals game between two teams that I have zero rooting interest in. But after that BS, I just shut the game off. I'm losing interest in the NHL.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
All i wanted to do is sit down and watch a conference finals game between two teams that I have zero rooting interest in. But after that BS, I just shut the game off. I'm losing interest in the NHL.
No kidding. How do they not even review that? And reprimand the referees who made the call?

Grow some balls, NHL. Otherwise people will tune you out.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible

After playoffs then a season full of terrible calls it's actually nice to see it's happening to other teams too. NHL needs to step up its game
and actually reverse miscalls, find some consistency on interference and a dozen other issues. So bush league!

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
There will always be certainties in this bush league with their ever-expansion:

- they don't want southern teams losing as it loses fans for them
- they don't want short series

How much it affects the officiating, who knows....

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Caps score with a little over a minute to go in the 2nd, up 3-2.

Edit...Vasilevsky gets a tripping penalty with 9.8 seconds left and the Caps score again with 2.7 on the clock...4-2 lol.

f*** Tampa.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think I have seen enough of Washington...they are going to win it all IMO.
Every facet of their game is on. They are so tough to handle.

Reactions: tabs and McFuhryous

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This is as good as I've ever seen the Caps play. You can see how much looser they are playing now that the Penguins sized weight has been lifted off their shoulder. Great to see

Edit: But stay out of the damn box. It's the only offense that Tampa can create

Reactions: guymez

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Honestly, if Kempny gets suspended for that crosscheck to the face, it might be what’s best for Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad