TSN: 2016 World Junior Championship Part 2: Last Prospect Standing to be bronzed

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Man. If only Ron Wilson did not say he didn't know the Russian players. Then maybe states would have won.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Nashville got a special one in Kamenev, I hate playing this game as I think Englund is going to be a gamer for us, but Kamenev looks like Artem Anisimov version 2.0

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Man oh man, I'd be very tempted to take Laine 1st overall. He is special in every facet of the game. Can't remember the last time I saw a player with his combination of size, speed, vision, puck skills, shot and physicality. Every single aspect is outstanding.

I know Matthews is going first, but Laine is going to be an absolute monster.

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Man oh man, I'd be very tempted to take Liane 1st overall. He is special in every facet of the game. Can't remember the last time I saw a player with his combination of size, speed, vision, puck skills, shot and physicality. Every single aspect is outstanding.

With you on that one, I'd give my 2 nuts to have him on the Sens, could chop them myself... What a freaking beast!! The package of size speed and skills damn watch out once he's around 25 years old he's gonna be a tank.

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
Man oh man, I'd be very tempted to take Liane 1st overall. He is special in every facet of the game. Can't remember the last time I saw a player with his combination of size, speed, vision, puck skills, shot and physicality. Every single aspect is outstanding.

I haven't watched Matthews play until this tournament. But judging solely on what I saw the past week, I am really hoping Laine somehow falls to us. Of course if he did, and thats a huge if, we would probably choose to trade the pick or go for a slower safer player who we believe will definitely be an nhl player at some point in the bottom 6.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I haven't watched Matthews play until this tournament. But judging solely on what I saw the past week, I am really hoping Laine somehow falls to us. Of course if he did, and thats a huge if, we would probably choose to trade the pick or go for a slower safer player who we believe will definitely be an nhl player at some point in the bottom 6.

We will have to win the lottery. There is 0 chance he falls past 3, and whomever gets those top 3 picks will not be trading away Laine, Matthews or Puljujärvi.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011

Laine's going in the 2nd-5th overall range, likely top 3. Ottawa will need a second half letdown to end up with him. Of all the things to chirp Ottawa for, drafting isn't very high on that list. They would gladly take Laine, his talent is obvious to even internet scouts.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Obviously this tournament will be somewhat remembered in Canada for a horrible result, but it was a pretty special tournament. Finland is an amazing story and I feel like its akin to the Naslund Forsberg show from the past. We saw few young stars explode onto the scene from Finland (amd Sweden and the US and Russia). We'll be talking of this for years to come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad