World Cup: 2016 World Cup — Team Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

Either way I'll be rooting for Finland/Russia/Sweden to shell the YoungGunz 8-0 each game so that this horrific idea (introduced for the sake of "parity") never returns.
That won't happen. If you hate the tournament root instead for Team Euro Leftovers to steal the semi spot from the US, because that will have (and already has) US fans turning on the NHL.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
A lot of forward depth. Defense is shaky. I think the top 4 is decent, but the bottom pair might be shaky. Goaltending is okay.

Hossa-Kopitar-Zuccarello
Vanek-Draisaitl-Boedker
Ehlers-Nielsen-Gaborik
Roussel-Rieder-Tatar
Hansen

Josi-Sekera
Chara-Seidenberg
Streit-Holzer
Weber

Andersen
Halak
Greiss

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Europe final 7: #Isles' Greiss, #Canucks' Sbisa, Ehrhoff, #Flyers' Bellemare, #MNWild's Niederreiter, #LAKings' Gaborik, #Coyotes' Rieder.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Would have thought Roussel would be included if you take a french player. He's better than Bellemare.

Maybe he said no though i remember he played hurt in the playoffs.

Last edited:

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Final roster:

G: Andersen, Halák, Greiss

D: Sekera, Streit, Josi, Seidenberg, Chára, Ehrhoff, Sbisa

F: Draisaitl, Kopitar, Zuccarello, Hansen, Tatar, Vanek, Hossa, Nielsen, Bødker, Bellemare, Gáborík, Niederreiter, Rieder

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Final roster:

G: Andersen, Halák, Greiss

D: Sekera, Streit, Josi, Seidenberg, Chára, Ehrhoff, Sbisa

F: Draisaitl, Kopitar, Zuccarello, Hansen, Tatar, Vanek, Hossa, Nielsen, Bødker, Bellemare, Gáborík, Niederreiter, Rieder
Oh my gosh, I had no clue GMs were allowed to be on crack when making these rosters...this seems to be intentionally screwing over the Euro team so that the US can make semis...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I get that this team is probably more politically selected than any other team(averaging out the nationalities) but I really think that Ehlers should've been there. And Tollefsen > Sbisa. Or anyone, really.

Still, this team will have competitive goaltending and can boast a couple of scary PP units. Defensively I think they might be shaky.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think the selection of all those over the hill veterans will sink this team. Sure they might be somewhat bigger names but will those guys be less motivated and they're also not that good anymore.

Last edited:

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Lol they select Bellemare and Co over Ehlers :D Satan or who was that Gm of this joke team just choose his best buds in old days it seems.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
I think the selection of all those over the hill veterans will sink this team. Sure they might be somewhat bigger names but will those guys be less motivated but they're also not that good anymore.

The NHL doesn't care if they're the best possible players, they want the names to be as recognizable as possible to the NHL audience.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
They probably wanted to have players from as many european countries as possible.

Or, maybe it's because he's a great defensive player that will be needed. If they wanted as many countries as possible they would select Girgensons and Grabovski. Why are they not on the team if they want as many countries included as possible? It visibly wasn't their goal.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Or, maybe it's because he's a great defensive player that will be needed. If they wanted as many countries as possible they would select Girgensons and Grabovski. Why are they not on the team if they want as many countries included as possible? It visibly wasn't their goal.
Haha it's funny that's actually how flyers fans thought of Bellemare, then this past season happened...

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
The team is clearly selected more by political than competitive reasons. Bellemare is probably the biggest joke ever. If they wanted a Frenchmen, why didnt they select someone who can actually play??

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
Sbisa? Really? All of the players to choose from and they go with Sbisa?

He looks like he's on his way out of the Canucks if they resign Hamhuis, possibly to the AHL. Hopefully this means he still has value to some people so he can keep playing in the NHL somewhere.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
The team is clearly selected more by political than competitive reasons. Bellemare is probably the biggest joke ever. If they wanted a Frenchmen, why didnt they select someone who can actually play??

What is this nonsense? Why would you say that he can't play? Yes, there are better players who should be selected ahead of Bellemare, from France it is Roussel. But Bellemare is at least excellent PKer with good defensive play, maybe that is the reason why they selected him over someone better but whatever. It looks like really stupid team.

Well, they have to ice somewhat competitive team so if they would select all of them Bellemare, Girgensons, Grabovski... Some better players would have to be left over so they had to make some limit, I assume. They even selected Sbisa! Who is basically representing Italy here. :laugh: Girgensons would be better selection for this team.

Anyway, I don't really care about this team, it is really weird team and it was BS idea from the beginning. But as a Flyers fan I am happy for Bellemare and if he cares about playing for this team, then I hope that he will have a good time.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
The NHL doesn't care if they're the best possible players, they want the names to be as recognizable as possible to the NHL audience.

And who would you leave off? And who would be your replacement?

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
Not that I care for this tournament or this team, but I keep reading that "Ehrhoff (Canucks)" was nominated.
Did I miss something? Is the Hoff coming back?

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Haha it's funny that's actually how flyers fans thought of Bellemare, then this past season happened...

France had a bad team this year at the worlds, but Bellemare was everything for them at penalty-killing. He was their best player.

I love how you all mention the political reasons and ignore that there is not a single player from Latvia or Belarus. I guess think twice the next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad