World Cup: 2016 World Cup — Team USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Lol, nope. I made no comment on either goaltender. I don't watch Schneider play enough to make an informed decision on the two. I've seen him far more times in a green and blue jersey than in a red one.

You're the one claiming that average shot distance makes Quick a "slightly above average" goaltender while completely ignoring that a goaltender can greatly impact that average shot distance themselves by simply controlling a rebound.
No. I used it as supporting evidence with the primary being Schneider's vastly superior save percentage.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Schiender is a great goalie no doubt. Yeah he's also only played in just over 200 games in his 6 seasons in the league minus 2 games in like 2009/10. So its a bit of cherry picking based upon the workload. Sadly for him he was robbed of a good 3-4 full years of being a full time starter under different circumstances.

He's played 270 games, he'll be way over 300 (w/o injury) this year

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Could be worse....Dustin Brown could've been on the team.

Had he put up better numbers over the past few seasons, he would've. He's the exact type of player the team is built around. The way some of the guys are just floating around, and not hitting or getting involved, he'd be a good replacement.:laugh:

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Picking who is going to be the goalie for team U.S.A is a wonderful problem to have. All 3 guys are capable of winning it all for them.

With how good Quick looked in game 1 and how well Canada, Sweden, Russia and Finland are going to be in this tournament, the US have to go with Quick. He will need to steal some games when the US defense goes into it's in-game swoons.

That is what Torts, and other countries, were doing, taking a look a all three. Quick won.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Ugh. USA Hockey is in shambles right now. Even though I didn't like Bylsma as a coach, he was an obvious choice. Tortz is Tortz, I have no idea how you select him as Team USA coach. He's right there with Keenan as worst coaches to ever win a cup. I'd rather have crotchety Ron Wilson again.

I think this team may get embarrassed once the real play starts. It's gonna be ugly.

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014
Ugh. USA Hockey is in shambles right now. Even though I didn't like Bylsma as a coach, he was an obvious choice. Tortz is Tortz, I have no idea how you select him as Team USA coach. He's right there with Keenan as worst coaches to ever win a cup. I'd rather have crotchety Ron Wilson again.

I think this team may get embarrassed once the real play starts. It's gonna be ugly.

Nah...there a shoe-in to make the semis and a decent bet to make the finals

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Love Schneiders pads they are so sick.
Cory_Sch_Pds1.jpg

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

Based on what? A split with Canada in two exhibition games?

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Based on what? A split with Canada in two exhibition games?
can't wait to see you against Finland. Your team is good. I'm pretty sure you will win that game, even if doesn't matter really, but still. I like the way you play. Of course you need to be better in certain areas, but I'm sure you will.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
can't wait to see you against Finland. Your team is good. I'm pretty sure you will win that game, even if doesn't matter really, but still. I like the way you play. Of course you need to be better in certain areas, but I'm sure you will.

I think the team can be good, but it's going to require discipline to be successful. You can't roll out a goon squad or having d-men running around like a chicken with their head cut off. I also have mixed feelings on the offense. There are some individual talents but it's not an especially creative group-especially at center. It's why we'll need more from the likes of Kane and Wheeler.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Byfuglien is apparently practicing at RW, which means by default the opposition's scoring chances will decrease by 50%.

I liked Byfuglien's inclusion on the team, but he's not working out as presently deployed. Hopefully they work that out. I have to assume Erik Johnson will get more minutes on defense-which I'm fine with.

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
Torts moves one of the team's best defensemen if not the best to wing and rewards Erik Johnson with more ice time. EJ was their worst defenseman against Canada but he hit some players, so he'll stay in the lineup. Byfuglien is really good and Torts has no clue what to do with him. That's something.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Torts moves one of the team's best defensemen if not the best to wing and rewards Erik Johnson with more ice time. EJ was their worst defenseman against Canada but he hit some players, so he'll stay in the lineup. Byfuglien is really good and Torts has no clue what to do with him. That's something.

What? Buff has been the worst d-man so far by a wide margin, and EJ was fantastic in his first appearance. This is 100% the right move for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad