GDT: 2016 Trade Deadline Day: February 29, 8am ET, NHLN, TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
MB is in a tough spot. 5 points out of 8th is probably the worst spot to be in at the deadline. 3 points out and you'd decisively be a buyer, 7 points out and you'd decisively sell. 5 points with 20 games left puts him in a situation where whatever decisions he takes today, he can't win. Unless he makes the playoffs.

We should probably ignore the two points we stole from the Marlies? :sarcasm:

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
You call BS in what regard?

He is in play..doesn't mean he's going anywhere, but he's in the discussion. Obviously the Habs would want a big return.

I dont believe he is in the discussions. Hes our best forward, on a cap friebdly hit. Drafted 3rd overall. And playing great.

Other teams might be calling.

But why would they then turn their Iphone to Lebrun to tell 'em : hey Pierre, just so you know, I've called MB to know if Galchenyuk is available. and I dont believe the info is coming out of The Canadiens party.

I call BS to draw fans in.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
Could the fact that the Habs are playing on the West coast tonight affect the ability to make trades today? They absolutely have to ice 20 players. How many healthy scratch did we have last game?

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I would not want Galchenyuk to be traded.........but I am really interested to see what is being offered that's for sure.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Could the fact that the Habs are playing on the West coast tonight affect the ability to make trades today? They absolutely have to ice 20 players. How many healthy scratch did we have last game?

Never understood have games on TDL day.
Makes for weird logistics.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I know it's not gonna happen, but it would be extremely stupid to trade for both Yakupov and Drouin. If we do, we'd have a top 6 built exactly like the oilers; no grit, all soft forwards.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Everyone defending MB at this point is purely a pink-glass watchin fanboy.

Its been 4 years that ya'll say :
-I give him till Trade Deadline
-I give him till Draft, huge trades are easier at the draft.
-We'll wait this summer, more flexibility with the cap.
-We'll sign a big name Ufa in july.
-Training camp is a good time to trade, teams evaluate their young guys, that makes some expendables.
-We'll give him till Trade Deadline.

Rince and repeat.

I completely agree, and we are watching it unfold infront of our very eyes once again. Seriously, read people in the Danault + 2nd thread claim that they are actually excited about the return. Not even just the return given what we gave up, but the return itself. One guy even said he was excited to see a pairing of Danault and DLR playing for us.

People used to be excited by Lafleur in this town. Now people are excited by someone without a point since January 8th, and Jacob de la Rose.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Someone like Yakupov, Skinner, or Drouin would be the best news coming in for today. Young guys with term/contract control. Though very possible none of them get moved today. Drouin seems most likely but I'm not convinced we have the (available) assets to get him.

Interested to see if any of our guys with term get moved...my guess is no but the list is probably:
- DSP
- Eller
- Emelin
- Plekanec
- Markov
- Desharnais
- Mitchell
- Andrigetto
- Barberio
- Pateryn

Really hope Beaulieu is not moved, really for anyone, because we're so thin on young D who can play top 4, especially on the left side. Yea, yeah I know "if overpayment..." teams don't make crazy overpayment trades.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
So we can't trade more that two players. That ties us up if MB receives good offer for Emelin, Pleky, Markov ... other than Eller and DSP

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
You're not too familiar with Jim Benning or Jim Rutherford, are you?

This discussion went on elsewhere on the board and the logical conclusion was that Benning was the worst, followed by Bargainbin and Rutherford.

But honestly, we're at rock bottom with our GM if he's in the discussion for THE WORST GM IN THE LEAGUE and is here for another 6 years.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
If a deal goes on where it would mean moving out more than 2 roster players, it's not illegal to suit up with say 11 forwards and 6 defenseman so it'd likely still happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad