GDT: 2016 Trade Deadline Day: February 29, 8am ET, NHLN, TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
My crystal ball tells me ..........
Berg will do nothing, he likes his team, whatever that means.

MT must be waiting for grinders to save his job as well.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Try for what? All the best players are almost always rentals who become UFA in July. The chances of a player trade complete with contract are slim.

Honestly, don't look at today as Trade Deadline Day. For Montreal it's Trade Investment Day. Payoff will be in the summer.

I constantly ask myself the same question. He's always touting that he's "trying very hard", at what you may ask? Your guess is as good as mine.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Pretty sure that aside from AHL & minor moves nothing is going to happen in Montreal. This Management team is not very inspiring.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I would trade DSP for a mid-rounder or another player of his ilk on a good contract.

Preferably a pick. We have lots of guys that can play in the bottom 6.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
I would trade DSP for a mid-rounder or another player of his ilk on a good contract.

Preferably a pick. We have lots of guys that can play in the bottom 6.

Getting a draft pick of any kind in return for DSP would be pretty sweet.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Pretty sure that aside from AHL & minor moves nothing is going to happen in Montreal. This Management team is not very inspiring.

I am expecting Drouin anything less will be disapointing.

Cost is low on yakupov i take a flyer. See what the change of scenery does for him for remainder of season. IF he can't put it together go after Boedker or Okposo on UFA market.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal

Cost is low on yakupov i take a flyer. See what the change of scenery does for him for remainder of season. IF he can't put it together go after Boedker or Okposo on UFA market.

Bet they'd ask Scherbak for Yaks.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

Jeez you've set the bar pretty high. I'm not expecting Drouin to move before this summer or early next season and Yakupov would probably also gather better offers in the off-season after a bunch of team failed on he UFA market.

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
Montreal are getting calls for Galchenyuk, probably the only interesting player in MTL and people would actually trade him.
If we trade him, whatever we get is a lost for us.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
There are many players I'd trade Chucky for.
I'm not sure those are the ones offered though.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Lebrun just said teams calling bout chucky?

He's been repeating that the habs have been listening to offers for Chucky for a while now. It doesn't mean they're shopping him or that there's any imminent trades however. I've read somewhere they were listening to offers for anybody except Subban & Price so... It's all to be taken with a grain of salt.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Jeez you've set the bar pretty high. I'm not expecting Drouin to move before this summer or early next season and Yakupov would probably also gather better offers in the off-season after a bunch of team failed on he UFA market.

Setting the bar high at one point with this GM.

He needs to get his act together, make a few changes. It is beyond absurd he hasn't yet.

Bring somebody of substance in see how they do so when you make moves in offseason they are better estimates based on performance of new additions.

Danault plays well obviously that makes Eller expendable. You bring in somebody like Drouin and he excels on the LW either that moves Galchenyuk to C or RW. Or Galchenyuk is expendable.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
MB is in a tough spot. 5 points out of 8th is probably the worst spot to be in at the deadline. 3 points out and you'd decisively be a buyer, 7 points out and you'd decisively sell. 5 points with 20 games left puts him in a situation where whatever decisions he takes today, he can't win. Unless he makes the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad