OT: 2016 Toronto Blue Jays thread [ALDS: Blue Jays beat Rangers 3-0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Well a wins a win but this was all Marco Estrada, he looked really good today. The Jays bats still look way behind at this point and I'm not sold on Pillar leading off, Donaldson and Bautista have hit 6 home runs and he's been on base for only 1 of them (only 2 runs scored total)

On the bright side the Jays are undefeated when I watch all 9 innings :p
Devon Travis returning will be a good thing IMO

Caribou Lou

Mar 16, 2008
Cgy AB
Blue Jays still struggling to come up with the big hit, had 2 on against Tanaka and Tulo struck out - a lot of swings and misses from him so far this season which is a little worrying.

Tanaka has thrown close to 30 pitches through 1 inning, I know NY's bullpen is pretty devastating but it'd be nice to get to them early in this series.

Edit - Totally agree about Travis, I think he's really gonna spark this offence when he returns.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Jays have called up Hutchison and will go with a 6 man rotation for a few weeks due to playing 29 in 30

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, they looked like the Blue Jays today. Happened to be with Pillar batting ninth. Maybe that's the secret. :dunno:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, they looked like the Blue Jays today. Happened to be with Pillar batting ninth. Maybe that's the secret. :dunno:
He's been hitting bottom third for about a week now. Carerra has hit leadoff the last 2 games and Saunders hit leadoff since the middle half of the Red Sox series. Pillar has hit 8/9 since then IIRC.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Bats woke up. No more PEDless black hole in the lineup, good lead off hitting... Full waking up.

This team's hitting was going to wake up and get scary... Might be happening right now. Already a 5 spot in the 4th :laugh:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Cecil looks like he slept through the winter.

I was this teams dominant lefty last year. May as well just pound down Doritos and watch Netflix this summer. I'll round out into game shape by mid season.

Shaq style. I like it.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I was this teams dominant lefty last year. May as well just pound down Doritos and watch Netflix this summer. I'll round out into game shape by mid season.

Shaq style. I like it.

As a fan it truly pisses me off. It legit looks like he doesn't even remember how to pitch. What the **** was he doing in spring training?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Yeah I commented on such as well. Cecil has always looked like he's been in good shape, but (I know I'm assuming a lot here) it looks like he was just enjoying himself a little to much this past offseason. He's been awful this year.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Pat Steinberg made a really good point. The drug found in Collabello's system was some crazy Russian steroid the red army developed for its athletes (Basically the drug Parayko takes in Rocky 4/5-long time since I watched those haha). How do you just accidentally get some long-term Russian drug that isn't even in production legally in North America?

He's guilty. And a liar like most positive baseball players.

Last edited:
May 27, 2012
Earth
Pat Steinberg made a really good point. The drug found in Collabello's system was some crazy Russian steroid the red army developed for its athletes (Basically the drug Parayko takes in Rocky 4/5-long time since I watched those haha). How do you just accidentally get some long-term Russian drug that isn't even in production legally in North America?

He's guilty. And a liar like most baseball players.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Sounds fishy to me. So he's suggesting someone slipped DHCMT-M4(Turinabol)?

I read that you can get through underground means(Black Market). Pharmaceutical companies do not produce it anywhere in the world. Who would go trough the trouble to smuggle the steroid and plant it on/in someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad