OT: 2016 Toronto Blue Jays thread [ALDS: Blue Jays beat Rangers 3-0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Personally I don't care if it was accidentally or intentionally taken. He's ineligible for the playoffs, let's get him off the roster and replaced with someone who can play in the playoffs.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Insert Jim Mora meme here.

But in all seriousness that would make complete sense to fill that spot with someone who can actually help when it really matters.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Offence really struggled again today. 0-8 RISP, 13 strikeouts, 4 hits. Bautista was 0-4 with 3 strikeouts and Martin was 0-4 with 4 strikeouts.

Wasted a good game by Estrada.

Honestly, if the offence doesn't find its' stride and bullpen doesn't improve, this team is going to find itself in a hole early.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Russell Martin snaps his franchise record consecutive strikeout streak at 9.

Meanwhile the Jays have a two-run lead heading into the bottom of the 7th. Ruh roh.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I've decided that I like Michael Saunders. I may have to begrudgingly admit that he's better than Ben Revere after all.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Going back to the 2nd game of the White Sox series the only runs the Jays have scored have come off homers IIRC. Other than the long ball they haven't been able to get much of anything going the last 4 games.

Perhaps Morales and Loup will boost the bullpen when they return from the DL, though I don't expect them to be huge difference makers. If nothing else at least it will get Tepera off the 25 man. And perhaps allow you to send down Cecil to figure it out if he's still struggling. But even then I thought I saw somewhere that Storen is banged up so he could also land on the DL if that's the case. :dunno:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Going back to the 2nd game of the White Sox series the only runs the Jays have scored have come off homers IIRC. Other than the long ball they haven't been able to get much of anything going the last 4 games.

Perhaps Morales and Loup will boost the bullpen when they return from the DL, though I don't expect them to be huge difference makers. If nothing else at least it will get Tepera off the 25 man. And perhaps allow you to send down Cecil to figure it out if he's still struggling. But even then I thought I saw somewhere that Storen is banged up so he could also land on the DL if that's the case. :dunno:

Smoak hit a two-run single as insurance yesterday, but yeah, it's been bad.

The good news is they've started to get back to their winning approach. They're walking a lot, not striking out a lot (other than Martin), and they're making the opposing starter throw a lot of pitches. All they need now is to reduce their fly ball outs.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto and winning do not go together.

Save yourself some headache

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Smoak hit a two-run single as insurance yesterday, but yeah, it's been bad.

The good news is they've started to get back to their winning approach. They're walking a lot, not striking out a lot (other than Martin), and they're making the opposing starter throw a lot of pitches. All they need now is to reduce their fly ball outs.

Hopefully the results start to come with the improved approach (I'm sure they will). I could see the new management eager to change things up and build it their way if they find themselves in a big hole.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The Jays' biggest problem so far this year is that they don't execute the simple plays. So many games lately they've put a guy on second with 0 out and not scored. The last few years they've been so reliable in baserunning and executing at the plate- it was sometimes just a matter of getting guys on base in the first place.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Ugh. Madison Bumgartner escapes the first inning without giving up a run thanks to two free gift strikes which weren't even close against EE. Never once was there a pitch in the zone that was called a ball. First thing he does after the inning? Go to lobby the ump for more outside strikes.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Gotta love losing that way. Tepera comes in for the bottom of the 13th, and goes:

-HBP
-Reached on bunt
-Wild pitch advances runners
-Walk on four pitches
-Line out
-RBI Walk on four pitches

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad