OT: 2016 Toronto Blue Jays thread [ALDS: Blue Jays beat Rangers 3-0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Rather get punched in May than get knocked out in October.
giphy.gif

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
ALCS starts Friday. It will be the only game, so I suspect at 6:00 Calgary time although it is not official.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Now we look forward to hitting him with the first pitch next year.

First pitch, aim right for him. Make sure it's one of the fireballers (ie not Estrada), make sure he feels it.

None of that ***** ****, last opportunity stuff. If you want to send a message, you do it from the get go and not when there's no time left.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
With the roster Gibby has, it shouldn't have come down to the last day of they year to clinch a spot. When they realized the approach needed to change was when that started to have success. He's still not a high end manager in my eyes.

The last 4 weeks or so he's done quite well, but that came with a change in approach. I would still explore replacing him, but it's not close to a guarantee like it would've been if they missed the playoffs.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I hope Boston and Cleveland go the full 5 games...beating each other up, especially the bull pen

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Cleveland completes the sweep tonight, and to be honest, I'm glad. The Blue Jays needed the rest, sure, but there's always the factor of too much rest if you play a team that's coming fresh off a series victory a couple days before and has all the momentum. This eliminates any risk of that.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Cleveland completes the sweep tonight, and to be honest, I'm glad. The Blue Jays needed the rest, sure, but there's always the factor of too much rest if you play a team that's coming fresh off a series victory a couple days before and has all the momentum. This eliminates any risk of that.

Absolutely.
Interested to see how that series pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->