WC: 2016 Team Germany

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Drai is really good. He could take over a game and help the Germans beat the Czechs.

To me it looks like he tries too hard to set up his teammates instead of taking over the game and at least occasionally try to just go for it himself.
He also seems to have lost some of the quickness he had in the first half of his NHL season. He finished a bit flat with the Oilers as well and just looks tired out there.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Does Dominik Kahun have a shot at the NHL? I've always enjoyed his game. He seems to be doing well playing against men now.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
As a Ducks fan I feel stupid now, always saying "Hölzer" instead of "Holzer".

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

In Swedish broadcasts he has been called "Hölzer" in past tournaments. So I always assumed they removed the dots from his NHL jersey. But this year they suddnely call him "Holzer", which apparently is his actual name. On google you'll find a decent amount of results though if you search "Korbinan Hölzer".

I hope the Ducks offer him a new contract. He was a very solid extra body for us this season.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
As a Ducks fan I feel stupid now, always saying "Hölzer" instead of "Holzer".

I understand your pain. It finally occurred to me that there is not actually an English "th" sound in Enroth this season. Always thought he was American. :laugh:

There are so many missing umlauts in the NHL, it's a guessing game unless it's star players. There is also some popular misspelling like switching double vowels around (Fluery, Reilly, etc.) and leaving off the actually pronounced h in Kühnhackl, while leaving the silent one alone. I honestly can't tell what someone is actually named half the time.

kalle wirsch

May 29, 2015
In Swedish broadcasts he has been called "Hölzer" in past tournaments. So I always assumed they removed the dots from his NHL jersey. But this year they suddnely call him "Holzer", which apparently is his actual name. On google you'll find a decent amount of results though if you search "Korbinan Hölzer".

I hope the Ducks offer him a new contract. He was a very solid extra body for us this season.

I know its difficult with the dots . I need a while until I recognized that Maata and Määtä is the same player. I don`t wanna offend you .

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
So Germany are down 2 forwards going forward? Do they a realistic chance ( beyond slim and none ) in the QF's, or are they just cannon fodder?

Realistically they were QF cannon fodder before they ever lost anyone to injury. And they might be down 3 forwards now. Waiting on news about Schütz.

They have several good goalies, so they never really have zero chance ever, but by the beyond slim standard, don't put any money on them.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Realistically they were QF cannon fodder before they ever lost anyone to injury. And they might be down 3 forwards now. Waiting on news about Schütz.

They have several good goalies, so they never really have zero chance ever, but by the beyond slim standard, don't put any money on them.

They need to channel their inner Torsten Frings....

They have had a fine tourney and a QF birth would be a success.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
They need to channel their inner Torsten Frings....

They have had a fine tourney and a QF birth would be a success.

I am not saying they can't possibly do it. With someone going beast mode and the opponent having a bad day, everything is possible. Just when someone is asking for the realist opinion, they are probably not the horse to bet on.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Draisaitl is most definately not overrated. He just needs to get accustomed to the schedule of a full NHL-season. He already improved his conditioning by leaps and bounds for this year, and he'll probably do so again in the future. Rieder fell off the map towards the end of the season as well, it simply happens to young players, very few are able to keep the pace for 80-100 games.

It's funny though. If a player runs out of steam towards the end of the season and then refuses to play for his country because he thinks he has nothing left, he will get criticised for it. If the same player decides to play, he'll get criticised anyway, because he isn't as good as he is supposed to be.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Draisatl is going to be a star NHL player. Definitely not overrated, like many young guys the grind of an NHL season got to him by the end. He's got another off-season to train and get better.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
IMO Draisaitl's biggest weakness is fitness (and maybe his first step). He looked gassed by NHL season's end.

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
Draisaitl took 4 shots in 7 games, that's not understandable. He really needs to get his confidence up. He's by far the most skilled player on this team. He should be a lot more selfish at times.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Considering Draisaitl, he has played 78 regular games (AHL + NHL) this season. He was flying through the first half of the season. His production drops significantly beginning February. It's obvious, the kid is simply tired.

He needs a break. And then some condition work. Maybe his confidence is hit by this tiredness. Nothing to worry about. He has 109 NHL games under his belt and 60 points to show. He might just explode next season. He needs the legs though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad