WC: 2016 Team Germany

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
That would be something if USA is upset by some of them.

I sort of expect the US team to lose to one of them, but since those teams will also lose points to each other, I still believe USA will finish 3rd or 4th in the group.

Rollo Tomasi

May 10, 2016
Saint Peterburg
Hi mates!
I have a very important question for me - do you know a hotel where living Team Germany (and Hungary) in Saint Petersburg?
If you need any informaton about WC in Russia i try help you.
All teams living in Sokos but Ger and Hun no

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Great way to get into a tournament, playing Canada... :sarcasm:

It might actually be better to let Pielmeier play that game and have Greiss start against Belarus on the next day, as that game is the one that matters. On the other hand, if one of our goalies can deal with that offense it is Greiss in the form he showed during the playoffs.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Yes, that was what I was about to mention. Canada absolutely destroyed Germany last year (0-10) and with the way they are playing so far, they will likely do the same thing again.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
That doesn't change that the German defense is suspect at best, even against average teams, and that Canada is currently blowing everyone out of the water. They even scored 5 against the USA. It might not end up as bad as last year, but anything but a blowout would still be a huge surprise.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Dont worry just 10 years and Germany will play for medals
as Reindl said.:laugh:
To bad Ehrhoff and Seidenberg are not in their prime anymore. With a good D Germany could do something in this tournament.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Yes, that was what I was about to mention. Canada absolutely destroyed Germany last year (0-10) and with the way they are playing so far, they will likely do the same thing again.

ya, I forgot about that one. At least it was closer Today.

As much as I love our Canada jersey’s, I find the German jerseys just absolutely beautiful! :yo:

Good luck in the rest of the tourney

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I feel like Germany has been underrated. You guys have a far better team than you've been given credit for.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I think so too.

They have enough skill and toughness to pull off an upset in the QF.

Germany should finish 4th and play the Czechs in the QF. They actually have the type of team that could pull off an upset against the Czechs.

The Czechs don't have the same type of speed throughout all 4 lines that Russia and Canada do. If the Germans can keep up and play with a heavy forecheck and cycle game they could slow the game down and possibly pull off an upset.

Highly underrated team. They have some good players. It looks like Drai is starting to find his groove.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Rieder ist out for the tournament, partial tear of the MCL, will miss 4-6 weeks

edit: just saw that it had already been mentioned. anyway, I've added the diagnosis

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
They have enough skill and toughness to pull off an upset in the QF.

Germany should finish 4th and play the Czechs in the QF. They actually have the type of team that could pull off an upset against the Czechs.

The Czechs don't have the same type of speed throughout all 4 lines that Russia and Canada do. If the Germans can keep up and play with a heavy forecheck and cycle game they could slow the game down and possibly pull off an upset.

Highly underrated team. They have some good players. It looks like Drai is starting to find his groove.

You are right but we will jump on them right from the get go like if they were Canada or Russia, I am sure there will be 0 underestimation from our side. None.

We are aware of their power. Oh, btw huge loss for Germany with Rieder...

For our (very underrated) team it will be tremendous chance to go to semi-final and play for medals. They will make sure they are 100%. But obviously, we need to finish the group with Denmark and Switzerland on a winning streak. And Germany has still some work to do, too. I really don't think that Slovakia will get points from games against CAN/FIN/USA.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
You are right but we will jump on them right from the get go like if they were Canada or Russia, I am sure there will be 0 underestimation from our side. None.

We are aware of their power. Oh, btw huge loss for Germany with Rieder...

For our (very underrated) team it will be tremendous chance to go to semi-final and play for medals. They will make sure they are 100%. But obviously, we need to finish the group with Denmark and Switzerland on a winning streak. And Germany has still some work to do, too. I really don't think that Slovakia will get points from games against CAN/FIN/USA.

The Czechs will, or should win against Germany. They are much better than the Germans, it's just the Germans matchup better with the Czechs than they do Canada or Russia.

Yup, Rieder is a massive loss for the Germans. They still have Drai though, Drai will be 1-2 with McDavid at Centre for a very long time in Edmonton.

The Czech team has looked very solid this tournament. If we both finish first in our groups the only way we meet is for Gold :).

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Yup, Rieder is a massive loss for the Germans. They still have Drai though, Drai will be 1-2 with McDavid at Centre for a very long time in Edmonton.

Some DEL guys was stronger in this WC as Drai. Its not important for this tournament what he will do for Edmonton in the future;)
Anyway i hope Drai has his best game in front of him, when we need him most. In the game against the Czechs, but he cant win games alone.
Rieder is indeed a big loss. The Kahun line with Reimer and Rieder was the best against Slovakia.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Some DEL guys was stronger in this WC as Drai. Its not important for this tournament what he will do for Edmonton in the future;)
Anyway i hope Drai has his best game in front of him, when we need him most. In the game against the Czechs, but he cant win games alone.
Rieder is indeed a big loss. The Kahun line with Reimer and Rieder was the best against Slovakia.

Drai is really good. He could take over a game and help the Germans beat the Czechs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad