Golf: 2016 PGA Championship thread - Burnt Out Edition

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
It was a joke, or kind of a joke. Maybe it wasn't very funny.

Stenson is very good. I was saying all along I thought he would win a major. It does seem like his putting is now Stenson-like again. I was referring to a missed 4 footer, but he said after his round that he putted well today, so :dunno:

Yeah yeah I know maybe Stensons STRENGHT, compared to some of his competitiors, isnt (normally) his putting game. I did watch the Open but I cant see this particular event I just follow the leaderboard, I just find odd too be a "poor" putter and still in contention for the title, but I guess if he had the putting he had during the British open he'd be in the lead now?

Sounds good if so! Some untapped potential for the final round! :popcorn:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
At this point, I'm rooting for Matsuyama to win so the Japanese journalists stop asking every top golfer at their press conference before majors when they think Matsuyama will win a major. :laugh:

The question seems to annoy DJ the most.

Jan 3, 2012
At this point, I'm rooting for Matsuyama to win so the Japanese journalists stop asking every top golfer at their press conference before majors when they think Matsuyama will win a major. :laugh:

The question seems to annoy DJ the most.

is that what that is? :laugh:

Jason has lost this on the first hole

idiot

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
22WU0704-BLKZOOM2.JPG

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't understand how preferred lies should make a difference. If you hit a bad shot, you should be penalized. It might be a long day, but it's not like the conditions on the course are much different than usual.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I don't understand how preferred lies should make a difference. If you hit a bad shot, you should be penalized. It might be a long day, but it's not like the conditions on the course are much different than usual.

Problem is they decided on it before they saw how fair the course played in the morning for those completing the third round. It's been evident all day it shouldn't be needed.

Edit: That mud ball by Stenson though.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Those last two putts from Jordan. :laugh:

Needs to better next season. Second most wins on tour, and being second best aggregate at the majors doesn't exchange for a major.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad