Golf: 2016 PGA Championship thread - Burnt Out Edition

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Great TV coverage. The round started at 7, yet no golf shown on TV until 9. Very nice of Turner Sports. Fox showed the US Open right when it resumed.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
PGA Championship: The major where no name golfers are all over the leaderboard.

No one cares about Dirt McGirt. Or Robert Streb. Go away.

Go Day, go Stenson.

Jan 3, 2012
Also nobody posting in this thread

puppy eater is nowhere to be seen, nor is anyone but pavs

stupid pga tour ruined the schedule for some second rate golf tournament in a third world disease land

HAHAHAHAHAHAH, they are so dumb

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Great, Brooks Koepka playing well.

If he wins, maybe he'll insult golf again. He's not a golfer, he's an athlete. Reminder, he'd rather be playing basketball right now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You'd think putting them in threesomes would have them finish faster.

I'd rather them finish Monday than have a complete clown show, but of course, CBS pays for today, so it is

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You'd think putting them in threesomes would have them finish faster.

I'd rather them finish Monday than have a complete clown show, but of course, CBS pays for today, so it is

They made the decision yesterday not to re-pair, so they are stuck with these tee times. Couldn't have put them in threesomes, unless they wanted to have to push back the start of the final round another few hours. This was the quickest way to finish today, which they will do if there is no bad weather.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Should be an interesting finish because all of the leaders might wear out by the end of today.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I see why they're doing this, but it's just a bit too much of a joke for my liking. Branden Grace could shoot a 62 or a 63 and have the tournament wrapped up before the leaders even hit the back-9. Awful.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
What the hell is the point of doing it that way? I don't get it.

How does keeping the R3 pairings for R4 benefit them?

So lets say they waited until the round finished, and re-paired.

They wouldn't have been able to re-start the final round much earlier than 11:30, at the earliest.

If they do that and go with twosomes off the first tee, the final group wouldn't even finish 9 holes today. If they did re-pairing and twosomes off of split tees, they might actually be able to finish, but is that any better than having someone finish really early and winning?

The initial mistake was made yesterday to not move tee times up to 7AM for the third round. They could've played all of the third round yesterday, and started at the normal final round tee times for a major today. They decided to gamble, hoping bad weather wouldn't come and they would be able to keep their saturday viewers, but that didn't happen.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not bad beeing tied 3rd on the PGA champs while being a bad putter! Guess you're far superior?

What is Phil mad about? About being nowhere near the top of the leaderboard?

It was a joke, or kind of a joke. Maybe it wasn't very funny.

Stenson is very good. I was saying all along I thought he would win a major. It does seem like his putting is now Stenson-like again. I was referring to a missed 4 footer, but he said after his round that he putted well today, so :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad