Proposal: 2016 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Most of them don't go to the best school in the world. If Vessy had gone to let's say the University of North Dakota, and had reasonable success with better team mates, he definitely wouldn't have stayed all four years.

The difficult part of predicting the future of NCAA players is establishing where they are on their development curve, since they play a significantly reduced schedule through their formative years of development.

Players like Gaudreau, Eichel, etc produced great numbers almost immediately upon entering the NCAA and it generally follows those type of players leave university early.

However in Vesey's case he wasn't really dominant until his 3rd year, yet played on a team generally proficient offensively.

So I can understand why some people may doubt he will be successful in a top six role in the NHL.

That said, Murray acquiring his rights for a 3rd round pick really is a no brainer with the worst case being he gets nothing for the pick.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 6m6 minutes ago
BUF GM on trading for Vesey rights: "Why not us? Why not give it a shot? We have a spot in our Top 6 for him. We had four 3rd-round picks."
____

Tim Murray wants to give the kid a top six spot

Tim wants Vesey and his agent to believe that is true!!!

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Steep price for Andersen, have to wonder if Dorian inquired. Moving Out Anderson for a younger Andersen would been a okay deal for me, wont be long before Andy is injured again and our depth comes into question.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Steep price for Andersen, have to wonder if Dorian inquired. Moving Out Anderson for a younger Andersen would been a okay deal for me, wont be long before Andy is injured again and our depth comes into question.

Chris Driedger has never allowed a goal in the NHL. :p:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
lol Bruce thinks that if the Sens don't go long term with Hoffman, they will just go with another 1 year contract.

Might as well trade him if that does indeed happen.

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
lol Bruce thinks that if the Sens don't go long term with Hoffman, they will just go with another 1 year contract.

Would be beyond stupid to do that.

ARZ tried the same thing with Boedker and now he's wearing another team's jersey.

HoffStoneKarl*

Seems like the thing that makes the least sense for Ottawa

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Would be beyond stupid to do that.

ARZ tried the same thing with Boedker and now he's wearing another team's jersey.

Thankfully they didn't give him the contract he wanted. He just isn't worth what he was asking for. Although I agree, that they should've traded him before to get more value.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
What's the difference between signing a 1 year deal and letting him go to arbitration?

Basically the same outcome, he will be a ufa in a year.

The difference is that he may get more money from arbitration.

I also don't think it is a good idea to let him go to arbitration. It can be difficult to listen to the team make arguments on why you shouldn't be paid the money you want. Hoffman already had to go through it once. Going through it again may just make him say **** it and walk in a year when he is ufa.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Pierre Dorion on the Hoffman contract negotiations (quote is at 6:30 mark):

"On Mike Hoffman, we have a cone of silence. I don't think that using the media on either side is a beneficiary to getting something done. I've got to say that the people at Octagon (Mike's agents) have been tremendous, nothing's gotten out, nothing's gotten out on their side, and we're really trying hard to get something done".

Huh, so ironically the biggest leak we've had is Dorion talking about the lack of leaks. I guess this means they've been talking at least.

HoffStoneKarl*

Basically the same outcome, he will be a ufa in a year.

The difference is that he may get more money from arbitration.

I also don't think it is a good idea to let him go to arbitration. It can be difficult to listen to the team make arguments on why you shouldn't be paid the money you want. Hoffman already had to go through it once. Going through it again may just make him say **** it and walk in a year when he is ufa.

I agree. Workout a contract or trade him.

If they do go to arbitration it'll be around 5mill a year I bet, which will probably also be around what he signs a 1 year deal for

I'm still bitter we didn't give him a similiar contract to Lee last year. I was hoping for a 4 year 4 mill contract

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said Saturday a few NHL teams expressed interest in trading for Datsyuk's contract, but he was skeptical a trade would happen because of the additional assets it would cost Detroit to clear salary-cap space for one season.

"We'll see if I can move the contract," Holland said. "I'm not overly optimistic. ... Certainly you're going to be compromised by having $7.5 million tied up in a player that you don't have. It's a huge loss, it's a huge hole, and it's a very, very difficult situation."
____

So that's good news... Detroit has no money after they lose Dats

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
What's the difference between signing a 1 year deal and letting him go to arbitration?

The amount of control the Sens have over Hoffman and the contract.

I'd trade him before arbitration or a 1 year deal. Then all in for Eriksson.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I thought that if the player files for arbitration then the team can pick the term ie... 1 or 2 years.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013

I agree with this, i think ericksson will fill the hole well and maybe we could get a top 10 pick.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016

Yeah too bad that makes literally no sense for Anaheim.

Andersen got dealt because they couldn't afford his new contract. They were not going to take on 35 year old Craig Anderson to be a back up at 4.75 million.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Would you guys do Hoffman + Chabot for Hall? Im unsure.

Naw. Hoff + Ceci maybe.

Ideally Hoff + 12th overall. Which could be Serg, Chychrun, Fabbro, Bean

Hoffman + Chabot or Hoffman + 12th overall easily, but Edmonton would have no reason to make that deal.

No idea why so many people suggest dealing Ceci, especially for another forward. We finally have 4 competent top 4 d-men. Moving one of them just creates another huge hole and d-men are at a premium these days.

HoffStoneKarl*

But if Hoffman doesn't like the 1 year deal the Sens are offering him he'll just go to arbitration.

The only way Hoffman signs a 1 year deal is if he feels it's more then he'd get from arbitration.

Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad