Proposal: 2016 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I like Matthias, but where does he fit?

I was wondering the same thing. TSN says he plays centre and left wing. We really a top 9 guy who can play the right side. I do think if we sign a forward it will be someone on a cheap 1 year deal though. Someone who they hope can score 15 or so.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I was wondering the same thing. TSN says he plays centre and left wing. We really a top 9 guy who can play the right side. I do think if we sign a forward it will be someone on a cheap 1 year deal though. Someone who they hope can score 15 or so.

So 4th line center and Lazar to 3rd line RW.

Beat me to it:

4th line LW or C (push Lazar to 3RW)

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
So 4th line center and Lazar to 3rd line RW.

Beat me to it:

That wouldn't be bad because he could fill in the top nine in case of injury or if Smith comes back down to earth. I'm still not sold on Lazar being an offensive guy though.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
So, are you going to pick a side or what?

The demand is high to dump the asset because nobodies lining up.

No NHL team needs to take on Dats. Supply and Demand.

If there was 5-6 teams talking to Detroit there would be a reverse bidding war, each team taking a little less... That does not look to be the case

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The demand is high to dump the asset because nobodies lining up.

No NHL team needs to take on Dats. Supply and Demand.

If there was 5-6 teams talking to Detroit there would be a reverse bidding war, each team taking a little less... That does not look to be the case

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2016/06/21/detroit-red-wings-ken-holland/86178198/

"Holland has "talked to a few teams" about the situation, but early demands have focused on 2015 first-round pick Evgeny Svechnikov and Andreas Athanasiou, whose speed and ability to create something out of nothing repeatedly was demonstrated down the stretch this past season."

It seems there are more than 1-2 teams willing to take Dats' contract, and are trying to get the highest piece back as possible.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2016/06/21/detroit-red-wings-ken-holland/86178198/

"Holland has "talked to a few teams" about the situation, but early demands have focused on 2015 first-round pick Evgeny Svechnikov and Andreas Athanasiou, whose speed and ability to create something out of nothing repeatedly was demonstrated down the stretch this past season."

It seems there are more than 1-2 teams willing to take Dats' contract, and are trying to get the highest piece back as possible.

Then the asking price will go down if you are correct

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
It was just announced that the Cap floor and ceiling are going up by a couple of million, will this affect us at all?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Adrian Dater thinks we may interest in Shawn Matthias.

I wouldnt mind him on a short term contract. Big bottom 6 center that can play some wing

I think we have a spot for someone in the bottom 6 unless pyatt is penciled in. A big weakness was the pk last year. Im glad that they might be exploring options to fix it. It might be an inexpensive solution that adds up to a lot in the standings

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I thought we spent 64-65 this past season.

Melnyk at the end of the season
"We throw $68 million U.S. dollars at this. That’s our payroll. Let’s get that straight. That puts us way up there and way over budget."

So I'm hoping the team spends at least 64

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Whether it's Matthias or another guy, I really hope we add another bottom 6 forward.

No need to rush Paul to the NHL. Let the kid spend another season in Binghamton developing his offensive game instead of having him play 4th line minutes with Neil.

I like Matthias, but where does he fit?

4th line C

Smith - Pageau - Lazar
Dzingel - Matthias - Neil

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Melnyk at the end of the season
"We throw $68 million U.S. dollars at this. That’s our payroll. Let’s get that straight. That puts us way up there and way over budget."

So I'm hoping the team spends at least 64

I understand that he said that, but according to capfriendly, we spent less. Anyways, he hasn't said what the budget will be for next year. If it's in the high 60's, we should be ok.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Did you pay attention to the Bruins this year?

"Useless" is a pretty good term for how he played, but if you want me to try a different term, I'll give it a shot... "ineffective", "turnover machine", "glacier-slow", "human panic machne with the puck on his stick", "couldn't pick out an offensive zone in a police lineup comprised entirely of offensive zones"...

He's a slow, big, dumb defenceman with almost zero hockey IQ, who got beat on a regular basis last year by even marginally talented players.

LOL

:facepalm:

you are just the worst person to read on here lol

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Personally, I like what Bonk has to say. It's the people who wine endlessly about the budget that get to me.

Yeah, Bonk is one of the top posters on HF Sens. Most people don't get to me, all a difference of opinion, though it's easy to tell who can be ignored for the most part (and there are not many).

But yes, McQuaid is a dumpster fire.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I understand that he said that, but according to capfriendly, we spent less. Anyways, he hasn't said what the budget will be for next year. If it's in the high 60's, we should be ok.

In actual salary I have the Sens at 55.683
Hoffman RFA (5-6)
Ceci RFA (3-4)
Bottom Six (1-2)

Total: 64.683-67.683

We basically have our team

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
In actual salary I have the Sens at 55.683
Hoffman RFA (5-6)
Ceci RFA (3-4)
Bottom Six (1-2)

Total: 64.683-67.683

We basically have our team

We pretty much know what the team will look like unless we have to trade Hoffman. I could see a couple of new guys in the lineup next year, but the team will look pretty similar if everything goes according to plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad