Proposal: 2016 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Othello*

Plus 1 on trading for Smith, but we won't have the best blue line in the league.

HoffStoneKarl*

Is it just me or does Detroit going hard after Stamkos and Radulov sound very un-Red Wings like?

Datsuyk on the way out and Zetterberg getting real close to the tail end of his career.

They are going to have to start looking in different directions if they want to stay competitive.

But ya it's not Detroit like at all

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Dallas needs a right shooting D.

Cody Ceci for Valeri Nichushkin

Then trade Zibanejad with Wiercioch for Edler

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Nichushkin - Stone
Paul - Pageau - Lazar
Pyatt - Smith - Neil

Edler - Karlsson
Methot - Phaneuf
Borowiecki - Claesson

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Paul - Pageau - Lazar
Pyatt - Smith - Neil

Edler - Karlsson
Methot - Phaneuf
Borowiecki - Claesson

Nichushkin is a winger, not a center

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Paul - Pageau - Lazar
Pyatt - Smith - Neil

Edler - Karlsson
Methot - Phaneuf
Borowiecki - Claesson

Ceci for Nichushkin... Good grief thats horrible. Have you been paying attention to these two players careers. Nichushkin is a power winger that was a healthy scratch and looks like he is entering bust territory.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

Paul - Pageau - Lazar
Pyatt - Smith - Neil

Edler - Karlsson
Methot - Phaneuf
Borowiecki - Claesson

Vancouver doesnt do that deal.

And i take Ceci over Nuke any day.. plus Nuke isnt a center

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Is it just me or does Detroit going hard after Stamkos and Radulov sound very un-Red Wings like?

They are trying to do everything they can to keep their playoff streak going.

I know a lot of Red Wings fans were kind of hoping they wouldn't limp into the playoffs this year, as it would mean a full-on rebuild was possible.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
So basically with the crazy price of Athanasiou/Svechnikov to get rid of Datsyuk's contract, if it does end up getting happening then Detroit will have a deal in place with Stamkos

You don't give away a good young player for the chance at signing Stamkos. You do it if it's the only obstacle to signing him.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I wish we could flag posts and revisit them in three years.

This is just like when I advocated for de Haan when he could have been had for a nickel. People called him a bust, now look at him.

I dont think de Haan could have ever been acquired cheaply. He always played pretty well but was frequently injured. On the other hand Nuke has played meh and been placed with some of the best offensive players in the league. I wouldnt be opposed to acquiring him but not when it cripples our fledgling defense. Still think he'll be a solid NHL player but i dont think he's worth a young top 4 two way dmen. Maybe if we had a surplus of young defensemen, Nuke proves he could play center and we needed an offensive upgrade. As it stands our offense is pretty good and the defense is really the only thing holding us back.

I mean Ceci has every tool needed to be successful and he's been pretty good so far in his nhl career. Size, skating, offensive ability,... theres a lot of talent there and i think his stock is clearly going up with phaneuf helping him

Last edited:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
So let me get this straight. Datsyuk is retiring, but Detroit is on the hook for his 7.5m cap hit. Since he wont be reporting, you can suspend him and not pay him but he is basically dead cap space?

Why are we not all over this? We should be a front runner for stealing an asset from Detroit to take their cap hit.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

This is just like when I advocated for de Haan when he could have been had for a nickel. People called him a bust, now look at him.

Nobody said they dont want to acquire him. We said hes not a center.

Also Giving up Ceci for Nuke is a huge price to play for a disappointing player.. not at all a nickel like you say

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I would like to acquire Demers. Might not be enough room though. Decent all around defensemen. Probably could be acquire for 4-5 mil. Maybe sign Ceci to around 3 mil. That would be a deep right side

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
So let me get this straight. Datsyuk is retiring, but Detroit is on the hook for his 7.5m cap hit. Since he wont be reporting, you can suspend him and not pay him but he is basically dead cap space?

Why are we not all over this? We should be a front runner for stealing an asset from Detroit to take their cap hit.

Would be smart but it seems like teams are asking for a ton to take that cap hit. I wonder if say Detroit had Stamkos lined up to sign that they dish out a nice prospect to free up some cap space

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Didn't he lose his spot in the playoff lineup in favor of Travis Moen? I don't remember hearing injury news.

I was listening to NHL radio today and they had on a reporter from Dallas that covers the Stars.

He said that Nichushkin pushed himself after coming back from an injury he got last season because he wants to help the team win. He said that no one is harder on this kid than he is and that he sets his bar high and works hard to get there.

Jagr has nothing but solid things to say about this kid and compliments his work ethics. If Jagr says that, you know the kid busts his ass.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I feel like if murray was still gm he'd be all over Taylor Hall if he was available. Maybe something like Hoffman+Ceci or hoffman+chabot

I mean Hall is younger and makes like 6 mil over long term. Hoffman will probably get 5-6 mil

Who would you rather pay that kinda money to? Hoffman or Hall?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I feel like if murray was still gm he'd be all over Taylor Hall if he was available. Maybe something like Hoffman+Ceci or hoffman+chabot

I mean Hall is younger and makes like 6 mil over long term. Hoffman will probably get 5-6 mil

Dorion for all we know could be in on him. Just because he said that he is not going to be making any moves because he likes our group doesn't necessarily mean that he isn't discussing trades.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Well I mean, de Haan is a 25 year old #5 thrust into a top 4 role. I would love him as a bottom pairing guy, but he isn't exactly a very viable top 4 option. He's going to be available, and likely passed in the upcoming expansion draft.

Nuke would be a good reclamation project if we were penciling him as a 3rd line winger with the hope he moves into a top 6 role.

It makes little, to 0 sense to trade a young top 4 defender in Ceci who has proven a lot more than Nuke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad