Proposal: 2016 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoffStoneKarl*

Garrioch says he expects the team to try to land the defenseman they want through trade. Doesn't think they'll participate in free agency outside of signing a few 2-way guys for Binghamton.

Jesus, if true, good luck with that Dorion. I'll be looking forward to seeing what happens with that

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Garrioch says he expects the team to try to land the defenseman they want through trade. Doesn't think they'll participate in free agency outside of signing a few 2-way guys for Binghamton.

Will the Sens have another press conference for one of their signings for Bingo?

I seriously don't get why they had one for Eric O'Dell. I mean he is not even with the team anymore. :laugh:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Is there a dman with high cap hit but reasonable salary we could target from a team needing to clear space? A cheap way to get a 4/5 tweener.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
my guess would be Adam McQuaid if we go the trade route

I think we were interested in him last summer

maybe they like Wiercioch.. lol

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Wierd. Wonder who we could target. Hope we don't give up too much to acquire a defenseman with decent UFA options available at a cost of zero assets.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
my guess would be Adam McQuaid if we go the trade route

Eww.

McQuaid is getting paid $3mil per year to be a #6/7 defenceman on a not so great blueline.

Hard, hard pass on McQuaid, even if we got him for free. We'd be doing the Bruins a huge favor by taking on that contract, cosnidering how useless McQuaid is. No thanks.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Zbynek Michalek - 1 year at 3.2
Josh Gorges - 2 years at 3.9 (Too much money)
Derek Engelland - 1 year at 2.75
Ron Hainsey - 1 year at 2.5
Brendan Smith - 1 year at 3.25
Kevin Klein - 2 year at 2.75 (Will likely cost too much)
Nick Schultz - 1 year at 2.25
Nate Schmidt - 1 year 850k

... May make sense to get a guy that we can keep after next season because we might lose Methot in the expansion draft.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Zbynek Michalek - 1 year at 3.2
Josh Gorges - 2 years at 3.9 (Too much money)
Derek Engelland - 1 year at 2.75
Ron Hainsey - 1 year at 2.5
Brendan Smith - 1 year at 3.25
Kevin Klein - 2 year at 2.75 (Will likely cost too much)
Nick Schultz - 1 year at 2.25
Nate Schmidt - 1 year 850k

... May make sense to get a guy that we can keep after next season because we might lose Methot in the expansion draft.

Klein is the guy out of those that I like the most.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
I don't think we're getting "guy I heard good things about, so now he's getting paid". I think we're getting "guy nobody has heard of, but somebody in the front office thinks could break out on our team".

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I don't think we're getting "guy I heard good things about, so now he's getting paid". I think we're getting "guy nobody has heard of, but somebody in the front office thinks could break out on our team".

I'm expecting this.

We'll all hope for an above average bottom pairing D like Klein, Quincey, Michalek etc.. and we'll probably get a mediocre D like Bartkowski, Gilbert, Gryba etc... Team probably doesn't have the money to get a 3M man, and will probably settle for a 1-2M man.

I'm just happy we're targeting a defenseman. Given Dorion's praise of Wideman, we're probably looking for a LD to replace Boro on the bottom pairing, which should mean that Chabot will rightfully be sent back to the Q for another season. Hopefully Dorion doesn't rush our top prospects like Murray loved to do.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Eww.

McQuaid is getting paid $3mil per year to be a #6/7 defenceman on a not so great blueline.

Hard, hard pass on McQuaid, even if we got him for free. We'd be doing the Bruins a huge favor by taking on that contract, cosnidering how useless McQuaid is. No thanks.

lol McQuaid isnt useless, get a clue

however a bottom pairing d-man is our target, and there are a ton of players that can fill that role. I assumed we would go the UFA route but Garrioch suggests otherwise

to the poser above - Demers would ****ing awesome!! I dont think we are aiming that high though :(

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

I think you're on the right track here.

Somebody like Ben Chiarot on Jon Merrill perhaps.

If they do go down the free agent path, I could actually see them bringing Gryba back. Otherwise maybe just rolling the dice on a younger, cheaper guy like Zach Redmond, Zach Trotman or Jordie Benn.

Won't be a "name" player.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
lol McQuaid isnt useless, get a clue

Did you pay attention to the Bruins this year?

"Useless" is a pretty good term for how he played, but if you want me to try a different term, I'll give it a shot... "ineffective", "turnover machine", "glacier-slow", "human panic machne with the puck on his stick", "couldn't pick out an offensive zone in a police lineup comprised entirely of offensive zones"...

He's a slow, big, dumb defenceman with almost zero hockey IQ, who got beat on a regular basis last year by even marginally talented players.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Merill would be an awesome buy-low pickup.

Maybe a swap of him and Puempel? Or maybe Chiasson + pick?

HoffStoneKarl*

I think you're on the right track here.

Somebody like Ben Chiarot on Jon Merrill perhaps.

If they do go down the free agent path, I could actually see them bringing Gryba back. Otherwise maybe just rolling the dice on a younger, cheaper guy like Zach Redmond, Zach Trotman or Jordie Benn.

Won't be a "name" player.

I'm pretty sure Edmonton will keep Gryba. He was serviceable last year for sure

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If it weren't for Phaneuf's acquisition, I'd be going very hard after Brodin from Minnesota. I'd much, much rather Scandella, but he is untouchable I would think. Don't want Dumba though.

Brodin would likely be the guy on the outs in the expansion draft for Minny.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Given that Detroit is pushing hard to clear up cap space for Stamkos and Radulov....I have to believe that we could really be targeting Brendan Smith. If we landed Smith...I'm pretty sure that'd give us the best blueline in the league...going into next season.

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Smith-Wideman
Boro

...yikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad