Proposal: 2016 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoffStoneKarl*

I was listening to NHL radio today and they had on a reporter from Dallas that covers the Stars.

He said that Nichushkin pushed himself after coming back from an injury he got last season because he wants to help the team win. He said that no one is harder on this kid than he is and that he sets his bar high and works hard to get there.

Jagr has nothing but solid things to say about this kid and compliments his work ethics. If Jagr says that, you know the kid busts his ass.

Nike is still an awesome young prospect. I wouldn't trade Ceci for him but it's funny how quickly people on this sight sour on players (I'm just speaking in general here).

Still a decent chance Nuke ends up a better player then Ceci

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I love seeing the high asking price to take on the Dats contract after people ripped on me saying the Sens should ask for that price.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
So let me get this straight. Datsyuk is retiring, but Detroit is on the hook for his 7.5m cap hit. Since he wont be reporting, you can suspend him and not pay him but he is basically dead cap space?

Why are we not all over this? We should be a front runner for stealing an asset from Detroit to take their cap hit.

I said this and asking the high price... Posters told me it would never happen, some team would take on the Dats deal for a 2nd lol

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I would like to acquire Demers. Might not be enough room though. Decent all around defensemen. Probably could be acquire for 4-5 mil. Maybe sign Ceci to around 3 mil. That would be a deep right side

No chance on Demers. Cost too much. Our top 4 is set. Dorion said he wants a bottom pairing guy and said he wouldn't be paying anyone in the 5 million range. By the sound of his voice, he wouldn't pay even close to that. I'm thinking under 2 million.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I said this and asking the high price... Posters told me it would never happen, some team would take on the Dats deal for a 2nd lol

You asked for both Svechnikov and Mantha, Holland is giving a "Hard No" to teams starting off negotiations with one of Svechnikov/Athanasiou.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I wish we could flag posts and revisit them in three years.

This is just like when I advocated for de Haan when he could have been had for a nickel. People called him a bust, now look at him.

I wouldn't trade Ceci for him. I mean would you trade Ceci for Yakupov? He could still work out too, but it's not looking great at the moment. I'm not opposed to trading for a young player who has fallen on bad times, but I'm not prepared to give up Ceci to get it.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
You asked for both Svechnikov and Mantha, Holland is giving a "Hard No" to teams starting off negotiations with one of Svechnikov/Athanasiou.

Then the Wings are stuck with Datsyuk... A division rival takes a hit

Either way I'm happy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Then the Wings are stuck with Datsyuk... A division rival takes a hit

Either way I'm happy

Likewise, I think Dats' contract is moved with a better piece than Pulk/Jurco/2nd if, and only if they have a deal with Stamkos in place.

Otherwise, they hold on to the contract or give away an asset like the above.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Just read the cap is going to 73 million... It's sad because every team in our division can spend to the cap... Really need a new owner

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Can someone explain me why teams want so much for Datsyuk's contract?
I get it some teams in the East don't want to help Detroit in their pursuit of Stamkos but a team like Arizona, why don't they agree on a mid round pick or something?

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I get it some teams in the East don't want to help Detroit in their pursuit of Stamkos but a team like Arizona, why don't they agree on a mid round pick or something?

Because Yotes are actually legit... Read they are close to signing Goligoski for 5yrs at 5.5

Canes just got Teravainen for taking on Bickell

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Because Yotes are actually legit... Read they are close to signing Goligoski for 5yrs at 5.5

Canes just got Teravainen for taking on Bickell

It's a completely different situation. First, Bickell is owed actual money.

The Hawks have 7 million in cap space, with 16 players signed. They need to sign at least 6 more players (likely 7) with 7 million in cap. How much do you think Shaw will command of that 7 if they want to keep him?

The Hawks need to move out more salary this year just to sign Shaw, TT is an RFA next season, and they have no cap space to sign him, whether he stayed this year or next. They were losing him regardless.

Panarin is an RFA next year, do you think he will be playing for the 812,000 he is now? They need to clear out as much room as possible.

The Hawks cap situation is 10x worse and different than the Wings cap situation. They have 4 guys signed until 2022-23 taking up 34 million in cap space

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
It's a completely different situation. First, Bickell is owed actual money.

The Hawks have 7 million in cap space, with 16 players signed. They need to sign at least 6 more players (likely 7) with 7 million in cap. How much do you think Shaw will command of that 7 if they want to keep him?

The Hawks need to move out more salary this year just to sign Shaw, TT is an RFA next season, and they have no cap space to sign him, whether he stayed this year or next. They were losing him regardless.

Panarin is an RFA next year, do you think he will be playing for the 812,000 he is now? They need to clear out as much room as possible.

The Hawks cap situation is 10x worse and different than the Wings cap situation.

If it's a different situation the demand would not be so high.

If the Wings deal him for a 2nd I'll admit I was wrong on my assessment

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I was listening to NHL radio today and they had on a reporter from Dallas that covers the Stars.

He said that Nichushkin pushed himself after coming back from an injury he got last season because he wants to help the team win. He said that no one is harder on this kid than he is and that he sets his bar high and works hard to get there.

Jagr has nothing but solid things to say about this kid and compliments his work ethics. If Jagr says that, you know the kid busts his ass.

Praise from Jagr is high praise, but keep in mind that Jagr has never played with him, has probably never seen him practice, and made his assessment based on 3 games he watched on TV. I respect Jagr, but his is not exactly the most reliable of opinions on this matter.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016

Maybe they'll hope Detroit gets more desperate as July 1 approaches.

I mean, if Detroit really wants the space to play with this FA season, then the onus is on them to make it attractive for another team to take the cap hit, right? If I'm another team, I name my price and then sit tight and see what Detroit does/says. Sounds like that's already happened with teams asking for AA/Svechnikov.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If it's a different situation the demand would not be so high.

If the Wings deal him for a 2nd I'll admit I was wrong on my assessment

The demand is high because it "LITERALLY COSTS NOTHING" but cap space, which ~10 teams have more than enough room for

Datsyuk is a free coupon, it cost's no money whatsoever. That is why teams are lining up and trying to milk Detroit for all they can, as Datsyuk is as inconsequential as possible to these teams.

The demand wasn't high on Bickell, that's why it cost TT. Chicago had to sell him.

Bickell came at a price of 4.5 million from the Canes.

That's just one example of how it isn't a similar situation aside from moving a contract.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
The demand is high because it "LITERALLY COSTS NOTHING" but cap space, which ~10 teams have more than enough room for

Datsyuk is a free coupon, it cost's no money whatsoever. That is why teams are lining up and trying to milk Detroit for all they can, as Datsyuk is as inconsequential as possible to these teams.

The demand wasn't high on Bickell, that's why it cost TT. Chicago had to sell him.

Bickell came at a price of 4.5 million from the Canes.

That's just one example of how it isn't a similar situation aside from moving a contract.

If the demand was high the price would be dropping... Basic economics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad