Proposal: 2016 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Brett Connolly wasn't qualified in Boston. Now theres a guy i wouldn't mind in Ottawa

Probably would be pretty cheap too. not going to be a big time guy but adds some depth to our bottom six

I wonder if he still has a chance at coming close to his one time promise.

6th overall pick in 2010.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Teams often elect to not qualify guys as a way to deny them arbitration rights. Some of these players may still re-sign where they are.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
r/hockey Leafs fan on Wiercioch:

Wiercioch is the type of undervalued asset a smart team will pick up. Second highest CF% and Relative CF% among defenceman on the Sens over the past three years. His main partner during this time has been Cody Ceci who has been a bit of an anchor.

He was underwhelming last year. I'd attribute that more to his partners than him. Wideman wasn't good, nor was Borowicki (however you spell it). Ceci was once again bad and I think they played together a bit more (might be wrong). Ceci without Wiercoch is around 43% CF%, together closer to 47%, and Wiercoch away is closer to 50%.
He's a solid third pairing defenceman who could be top four. He's argubaly Ottawa's third best defenceman.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

Wiercioch is the type of undervalued asset a smart team will pick up. Second highest CF% and Relative CF% among defenceman on the Sens over the past three years. His main partner during this time has been Cody Ceci who has been a bit of an anchor.

He was underwhelming last year. I'd attribute that more to his partners than him. Wideman wasn't good, nor was Borowicki (however you spell it). Ceci was once again bad and I think they played together a bit more (might be wrong). Ceci without Wiercoch is around 43% CF%, together closer to 47%, and Wiercoch away is closer to 50%.
He's a solid third pairing defenceman who could be top four. He's argubaly Ottawa's third best defenceman.

LOL i would lovee for the leafs to sign him. Give him big money leafs, you know he's worth it

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Well, the Leafs can have him if they think he's so great.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Everything is arguably something else.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Wiercioch could absolutely be a good FA pick up, just not worth it for us at a 2.7M QO. If a team can pick him up and insulate him, he could definitely be useful. Again though, just not really worth it for us, time to move on. Claesson is a much more useful player going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad