2016 NHL re Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
You are forced to change your life on the opinions of fans of a hockey team? :laugh:

Leafs get plenty of credit by people much smarter than us in the hockey community I think everyone will be okay if a Canucks fan won’t give Matthews credit :laugh:

[mod]

I don't think you seem to understand that opinions about a player, doesn't alter someone's life, but alters a mindset about a fandom and their players.

Most of you guys whine at every given opportunity as to why Leafs players are always not given credit with your constant cringe of victim complex, so I don't think you will be all that okay ;)

*leafs hater makes thread not so subtly bashing leafs player and/or trolling leafs fans

*leafs fans express their displeasure and/or disagreement

*leafs haters: "wow check out these leafs fans they're so obnoxious and make everything about themselves.

Rinse and repeat forever and ever.

It's funny how I'm being labelled as a hater all because I said he will score less goals than his rookie season.

This is too funny. This is good entertainment and shows how biased a fandom can be.

"neutral fan" posts about Matthews being first, and talks about how valuable his position is.

"leafs fan whining*. Why you not TALK ABOUT HIS GOAL SCORING. HE IS PERFECT. YOUR OPINION IS A BAD TAKE.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
:laugh:

Around and around we go.

He's only accomplished that feat once, one out of two seasons, while the other he's pacing for it. psssht.

Lol, I'm done here.

Which shows there shouldn't be much of an emphasis on regression.

Yeah we're done. Stick to your fantasy imagination that he will post 40 goals at every given season (minus his peak). Like I said, if I didn't watch him much, I wouldn't put him at the top. So come up with some actual originality.

You haven't provided any substantial reasoning other than "ON PACE MAN ON PACE".

Last edited:

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
So even though Matthews did it for 82 games in his rookie season means nothing?

Because of his most recent ankle injury Patrik Laine won't be playing 82 games for the second straight season. Despite his goals this season maybe its about time we ask if he is injury prone? After all it's only fair since that was asked about Matthews.
Nah, since it's not a serious injury. Might as well rest him couple games.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Which shows there shouldn't be much of an emphasis on regression.

Yeah we're done. Stick to your fantasy land that he will post 40 goals at every given season (minus his peak)
It's not really fantasy when he's scored at a 40 goal pace in both of his first two seasons. Fantasy would be calling him a 30 goal scorer who will only hit 40 in his peak

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
Matthews is on pace for 43 goals, 77 points this season and there's no reason to suspect he wouldn't get that if he had been healthy all season.

Reactions: Dzonna and Kelly

Longtimeleaffan85

Feb 8, 2018
If toronto did take Laine ...Marner would be centering his own line !! Laine-Marner-Nylander .... Sounds scary to me ..... Toronto needed a 1st line Center since Sundin left ... There is no way they would have passed on Matthews

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
There is no reason to suspect Matthews would not repeat because there is nothing in his game that suggests he is slowing down, that he is not continuously getting better, or that his team-mates are going to regress anytime soon. Quite the opposite.

On pace means little to nothing when there's signs a player wouldn't be able to keep their play up. There are no such signs for Matthews. The kid is only 20 years old, barely a man.

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
If Keller puts up 60 points this year that'd be one a hell of an accomplisment on that abysmal team. Guy is kind of under the radar with the really strong rookie campaigns by Boeser and Barzal, but no one has had less to work with in their rookie season than this kid.

I agree. I have Keller as 4th so far personally, he's definately very impressive, his wingers are even more abysmal then the team in general

Reactions: TIGERCOOL

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
It's actually Leafs fans that ignite the war, whining about something very little even when their player is getting his due. The rest of the fans are civil and level headed.

I agree Leaf fans can be easily triggered and some fans / posters tend to post stupid things sometimes. We are a very large and passionate fanbase, it doesnt surprise me. Most leaf fans recognize that Laine is an elite hockey player and may even outscore Matthews throughout their careers. We like our guy, you like your guy. Makes sense that both fanbases like their guy more.

The thread was started by either a Winnipeg fan or a Fin and they directly called out the leafs for "picking the wrong guy." What did the poster accomplish? Basically just a thread to say, "my guy is better" and you expect leaf fans not to react?

Reactions: Sayonara77

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
All I know is that as a Bruins fan - Having McAvoy as the consensus 3rd at the moment despite picking 15th is pretty darn great. Having Pastrnak a consensus top 2 from '14 isn't bad either.

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
All I know is that as a Bruins fan - Having McAvoy as the consensus 3rd at the moment despite picking 15th is pretty darn great. Having Pastrnak a consensus top 2 from '14 isn't bad either.

Bruins has definately gotten alot of value out of their picks. At one point they seemed aging and stuck with too many bad contracts. Now Bruins seem rejuvenated and bound for a great future for years to come

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Finally a tolerable Leafs fan (was waiting for one). Its good to be passionate, but not overly. When fans of team are presenting a disagreement, they always have to be level headed, and respect a view. Taking it too far to an extent of stooping so low waiting for a user to agree with them only lowers that fandom's rep and cred.

It was simply disgraceful seeing several leaf fans in this very thread displaying their wet panties and being so upset over a disagreement of measly 5 goals, and it was just that fandom that had a problem. It's like they want to everyone worship their ****ing players. They failed to notice the user they had a problem with still had Matthews on top of the list. Rather than just appreciate the list, and be grateful that your favourite player is classified and ranked so high, they would rather indulge in **** slit slinging over the most minor issues, and derail the thread. They conveniently and constantly ignore that, and focus one part of the argument.

No other fandom embarrass themselves the way Leafs fan do. Every single thread I've been on, it's always a ****storm of several Leaf fans jumping one or two people because they have a seemingly different opinion on the Leaf player.

I'm not much of a Laine fan tbh, mostly neutral toward him, but it's pretty obviously he's naturally a better goal scorer than Matthews and will score more goals.

As for your last post, yes the reaction is justifiable in that context, just not toward a list made with a fair opinion on the players.

Cheers.

Again, we have an extremely large fanbase. There are always those type of fans on every fanbase. There are plenty of reasonable leaf fans out there. They just decide to stay far away from threads like this. And for good reason.

Threads like this are made just to start a pissing contest.

Reactions: WPGNYRFan

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Debrusk, Heinen, Carlo and Donato aren't too shabby either.

Lucky ****ers.
Bruins has definately gotten alot of value out of their picks. At one point they seemed aging and stuck with too many bad contracts. Now Bruins seem rejuvenated and bound for a great future for years to come

Despite missing on a pick in '15 - the talent they got out of those three drafts combined is as good as anyone, especially considering they never had a top 10 pick.

For this:
Matthews
Laine
McAvoy
Not a stretch to think that the above three could win the Hart, Rocket and Norris.

Tkachuk
Dubois
Keller
Sergachev
Jost
from what I've seen these are kinda the guys that stand out at the moment. But so much can change.

Not sure what to think about Debrincat. Honestly. And a few others I just haven't seen enough of to really figure them out. Actually probably haven't seen any of them enough outside of the top four and maybe Sergachev.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
If Juolevi is so good, why were so many Canucks fans wanting to trade him during a rebuild. Pretty sure Kapanen for Juolevi was considered fair, many TML fans were sayin no.

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
If Juolevi is so good, why were so many Canucks fans wanting to trade him during a rebuild. Pretty sure Kapanen for Juolevi was considered fair, many TML fans were sayin no.
Kapanen is looking like a bust, maybe a good 4th liner.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
I don't understand why Matthews doesn't have as many assists. The guy is a wizard out there. I think it goes beyond Hyman being on his line too. Maybe if he was on the PP more... or had different Linemates... IF IF IF. I don't think Leafs are using him to allow him to reach his full potential yet. Not sure if Laine is being used but from what I can see his absolutely dominating. Love that kid however,

I think in 5 years 10 years Matthews still goes 1 though. If Jets didn't have Schieffle and won the lottery you can't tell me it would be any different

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Now That Laine is out and Matthews is coming back, the Laine is the best crowd will quiet down.
Great now that both have suffered injuries and both missed games this season we can compare them both as injured athletes this season.
43>>>>28 :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany