2016 NHL Entry Draft, part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
I think Brown, Keller and Jost will be gone by 12.

Brown won't get past Montreal.

Every one of the teams drafting before Ottawa, except maybe Calgary, need more D. Given how hard it is to acquire top 4 D, I can't see any less than 3 D being off the board before pick 12. Since 2006, only 3 times have 2 or less D been taken in the top 12 (2014 (x2), 2010 (x2), 2006 (x1)). So that's only 30% of the time.

If the top 3 are gone, Dubois, Tkachuk and 3 D that would leave at least two of the following:

Nylander
Brown
Keller
Jost
McLeod

I think Ottawa's in good shape to pick a player they are happy with.

Last edited:

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Every one of the teams drafting before Ottawa, except maybe Calgary, need more D. Given how hard it is to acquire top 4 D, I can't see any less than 3 D being off the board before pick 12. If the top 3 are gone, Dubois, Tkachuk and 3 D that would leave at least two of the following:

Nylander
Brown
Keller
Jost
McLeod

I think Ottawa's in good shape to pick a player they are happy in.

This exactly.

While everyone will claim to pick the BPA, a tiebreaker will go to the need.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

He will, for at least a season of his career, be the best winger in the NHL. A perennial top 3 winger in the league.

He has the best skill set I've personally ever seen (2007-on as a basis for extensively following prospects) for a draft eligible prospect.

He's the best goal scorer since Ovechkin, with dominating physical tools. I would personally take him 1st no question. If we somehow got #2, we would die of excitement/disbelief we could get a guy like him 2nd.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
He will, for at least a season of his career, be the best winger in the NHL. A perennial top 3 winger in the league.

He has the best skill set I've personally ever seen (2007-on as a basis for extensively following prospects) for a draft eligible prospect.

He's the best goal scorer since Ovechkin, with dominating physical tools. I would personally take him 1st no question. If we somehow got #2, we would die of excitement/disbelief we could get a guy like him 2nd.

Dont forget how dominant Stamkos was for a few years. If he can be as good as Stammer was for longer, then I'l give him that praise

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Still Keller or Jost for me.

Would be ok with Bean or Fabbro or Keiffer Bellows

Last edited:

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
So Brown is basically a weak mans Dylan Strome? I think that could be a solid pick at 12. Playmaking from the center ice position is a big deal.

Keller will most definitely be switched to wing as well as a good chance for Jost.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So Brown is basically a weak mans Dylan Strome? I think that could be a solid pick at 12. Playmaking from the center ice position is a big deal.
Keller will most definitely be switched to wing as well as a good chance for Jost.

Keller definitely looks like he could transfer easily to the wing. K

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
Hoping for keller, Jost, or Fabbro.

We have a 1/40 chance of drafting 1st overall. Stranger things have happened. And the second overall pick is nearly as valuable in this year's draft.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

That is crazy high praise but damn those were some super high skill goals too. Great shot to go with great mitts and on a big body that can skate? Could be a beauty for sure.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Looking more and more likely that it's going to come down to Keller, Jost, Brown and McLeod. Not sure which direction Dorion will go, really can't go wrong with any of these guys.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Looking more and more likely that it's going to come down to Keller, Jost, Brown and McLeod. Not sure which direction Dorion will go, really can't go wrong with any of these guys.

If anything it looks like keller, jost and brown won't be available at 12.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
If anything it looks like keller, jost and brown won't be available at 12.

Any of them!? I'd be really surprised to be honest.

If that's the case then we just take whichever one of Chychrun, Juolevi or Nylander that falls into our laps.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Hot damn is Puljujarvi ever incredible. This Kuokkenen kid centering him is really impressive too. The pass on Finland's 4th goal uo to Pulju was very nice. Where is he projected to go? We gotta get on this Finland talent train.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Hot damn is Puljujarvi ever incredible. This Kuokkenen kid centering him is really impressive too. The pass on Finland's 4th goal uo to Pulju was very nice. Where is he projected to go? We gotta get on this Finland talent train.

Seriously.

If we don't win a lotto pick, or can't make a trade to snag Laine....then I'm starting to think trading the pick for immediate help might be acceptable. We need either one of the top 3, or an established NHLer to move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad