Post-Game Talk: 2016 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
And people say Benning is great at drafting... :laugh:

Whether is or is not won't be known for 5+ years.

Attaching words like "value" to post 3rd round picks is a pointless exercise in what amounts to a pure lottery. E.g., league wide 6th rounders have outperformed 4th rounders over a 10 year period ending a couple years back.

Maybe they'd get a slightly better grade from few posters here if they took Ronning who went 201st. :laugh:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I remember a few posters stating this is the first draft without Crawford and would be interesting to see how Benning does.

Good times lol

Yep, this is the first draft that's clear of Gillis' influence and fully Bennings. I was withholding judgement, but always felt that his biggest supporters were being a good bit irrational on his drafting prowess because in his first few weeks on the job we got lucky with one of those 'once every 10 year' fluke drafts. With the unpredictability of the draft that's going to happen from time to time, even Nonis got one in his first draft.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Everyone needs to chill. Benning is good at drafting.

Between Demko and Tryamkin in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in 2014. Also snapping up Briosbois and Boeser who both have a chance to play for Canada/USA.

Does everyone remember the years of Gillis? No chance of of late round picks making the team ever?

Everyone loving Gaudette. 5th rounder.

Everyone loving Candela. 5th rounder.

Hutton was a Gillis 5th rounder was he not?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I'm really hating the Gudbranson trade.. We could have had a Gudbranson type player with our 2nd round pick and kept McCann .... Wtf... I don't understand what is going on in his stupid head

2bh my hate for the trade is significantly less with the oilers taking benson at 32.

Watching them pick him 1 before us would be depressing.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
After drafting Lockwood I didn't really see a scnerio where we'd be picking another small RW in Ronning considering it's our deepest position..

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Toronto , Edmonton, Calgary and Arizona did so good.. That is depressing

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
This draft was about as bad as it could have gone. It all started with Columbus stealing PLD from us. One of the worst seasons as a Canucks fan that I can remember when you combine all the awful trades, non trades on trade deadline, the dumb contracts we will probably give out next week.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
lol Linden just used the foundation line on Olli Jolevi, pretty funny.

At least, this one makes sense.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Awful draft. I was actually pleased with the Juolevi pick but the rest was ****.

Liked the Juolevi pick.
Liked the Candella pick.

The Lockwood pick was okay (have to draft someone with higher potential here).

Stukel and McKenzie picks are underwhelming.

Hate the Abols pick.

KahunaBaby

Oct 31, 2011
Whalley, B.C.
This draft was about as bad as it could have gone. It all started with Columbus stealing PLD from us. One of the worst seasons as a Canucks fan that I can remember when you combine all the awful trades, non trades on trade deadline, the dumb contracts we will probably give out next week.

Not to mention we could have had a couple of top 60 picks courtesy of Hamhuis and Vrbata. Awful awful management.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
We missed out on a 5'9 160lb forward, what if his name was Adam Smith?

But his name isn't Adam Smith, it's Ronning. Considering that yes, he was good enough to get drafted, and these 7th picks are such low odds anyways why not take the kid that will generate some local interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad