Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
53jXXxO.png

Buble :laugh::laugh:

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Underwhelming draft. I guess whichever monstrous UFA deal they sign is gonna be what they're selling in the fall, because they didn't come away from the draft with the sort of blue-chip prospect that sells tickets.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I don't hate our 5th rounder. That's basically it. Everything else sucked.

Same here.

Just an abysmal season to endure all round for Canuck fans. I'm done with holding out hope for Benning. The guy just has no smarts and can't make a good move if he tried.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
I'm underwhelmed in general.Apart from Juolevi,the rest of the draft feels worse than 2010.At least then we got Patrick McNally who had real potential.Candella is about even with Polasek and the rest are pretty much meh.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
buble is obviously a bandwagoning casual, what kind of fan criticizes their own team

TheDude008

Jan 5, 2014
glad my interest in the canucks is at an almost all-time low (only other time was when i was too busy having fun during high school.. now i just don't care)
or i'd be really bummed.

it's like a bad joke that eventually makes you laugh though.

i thought the draft was Benning's strong spot? lord knows it aint trades.
if this is him shining.. wow.

now i read we might be in trouble for tampering too..
and i though gillis was a goof.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Lol at the Buble response. Max got Rekt.

Overall, there is not much i like from this draft. Like Lockwood the player, not the selection. Don't mind Candella, on the fence. No to all the others even #5.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Delorme, Weisbrod, Benning all probably had fair rein.. I can't say it was Brackett because we've just seen him promoted recently and Gradin has been one of our best scouts.

Delorme is listed as "Chief of Amateur Scouting" and Judd Brackett is the "Director of Amateur Scouting"... Wtf is the difference here .:laugh:

LOL, things don't have to make sense, as long as they have a nice sounding title that tells you nothing of their responsibilities.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Love Juolivi. Haven't had a D pick to get pumped about since Bourdon.

Love the Lockwood. Watched his highlight pack. Kid can absolutely rip. Haglin type speed.

Question becomes, if Juolivi is ready the Canucks will have to move someone out. But who?

Lol he is a skinny rake. He is not ready.

manroth19

May 20, 2015
guys dads a fricking alum, kids got lots of talent, plays right in our back yard. I trust jb in drafting dont get me wrong but Christ cmon man. Where is linden stepping in there. A 7th "pitty pick/respect pick" is just fine in my books

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Everyone needs to chill. Benning is good at drafting.

Between Demko and Tryamkin in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in 2014. Also snapping up Briosbois and Boeser who both have a chance to play for Canada/USA.

Does everyone remember the years of Gillis? No chance of of late round picks making the team ever?

Everyone loving Gaudette. 5th rounder.

Everyone loving Candela. 5th rounder.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Ya. Feels like a garbage draft all right. Outside of Juolevi and maybe Candella I don't think we drafted anyone that will be worth following over the next year.

Reminds me of the 2007 draft where the whole thing felt like a waste almost immediately.

Thank god we are (apparently) NOT rebuilding cause drafts like this certainly don't help a rebuild.

Guess we're gonna blow our brains out on a slow, lazy, declining name winger and chase a wild card spot next year.

Could this team be possibly any less interesting these days?

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Everyone needs to chill. Benning is good at drafting.

Between Demko and Tryamkin in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in 2014. Also snapping up Briosbois and Boeser who both have a chance to play for Canada/USA.

Does everyone remember the years of Gillis? No chance of of late round picks making the team ever?

Everyone loving Gaudette. 5th rounder.

Everyone loving Candela. 5th rounder.

They changed up the scouting and management structure between last year and this year getting guys that have a history of poor decisions. This draft provided zero confidence that changed.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
I'm really hating the Gudbranson trade.. We could have had a Gudbranson type player with our 2nd round pick and kept McCann .... Wtf... I don't understand what is going on in his stupid head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad