2016 NHL Draft Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Outside the top 6 anything is possible. Should be interesting to see where everyone ends up. McLeod might be last year's Konecny.

Rubstov wouldn't be a bad pick at all. As Curu said, it could be huge if he could play in the AHL plus along with NAK/Lindblom

Even if he played one more year in Russia then came over to play in the AHL as a 19 year old, that would be be preferable to having to play two years in Junior the way a guy like McLeod most likely will.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Honestly, when it doubt ho with the last name that sounds and looks better on the back of a jersey. How many countless busts have had awful last names? :laugh:

Day just sounds like he's going to bust.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Even if he played one more year in Russia then came over to play in the AHL as a 19 year old, that would be be preferable to having to play two years in Junior the way a guy like McLeod most likely will.

Who else? Well, Russian centre German Rubtsov is a little bit of a mystery in the same way Denis Gurianov was last year before Dallas stepped up and grabbed him at No. 12. He’s playing for the Russian under-18 national team this year, but is expected to move to North America next fall, either to play in the CHL or AHL.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/sportsnets-top-30-2016-nhl-draft-prospects-march/

If that's true, I think he would become a very attractive pick for the Flyers. Center is a big need especially one with some size.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Think Rubtsov has higher offensive potential

Does he though? Logan Brown is among the leaders in the OHL in scoring for first-time draft eligible players. I can't really find too much info on Rubstov. Not saying he doesn't have higher offensive potential, I'm just wondering what his potential is, since Brown seems to me he's got a pretty good outlook.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Does he though? Logan Brown is among the leaders in the OHL in scoring for first-time draft eligible players. I can't really find too much info on Rubstov. Not saying he doesn't have higher offensive potential, I'm just wondering what his potential is, since Brown seems to me he's got a pretty good outlook.

I would probably say Rubtsov has overall higher end potential.

He has the skill to be a better scorer and is also better defensively.

Brown is probably a better playmaker from what I have seen... though Rubtsov is also a very good playmaker, Rubtsov is actually a pass first guy too really... but his release is very good from what I have seen.

I must say I have a hard time seeing Brown becoming a #1C... but I could see Rubtsov becoming a low end #1C in the mould of a O'Reilly/Turris/Stepan.

That being said Rubtsov has slowed down by all accounts as the year has progressed... he was unstoppable to start but is looking less dominant recently.

Interestingly for the Flyers both play LW as a secondary position.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Now easy yourself whippersnapper:sarcasm:. I saw two cups in my mid twentys. Get your calculator out...... I have to be the oldest fart here. But Larry my man those were the days were they not:yo:

Yes, sir, they sure were. :)

Remember when Claude Boivin was going to be the next Tocchet? LOL!

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Sounds like the Oilers are going to get the #1 pick again.

Good for them. Those guys need something to break for them right eventually.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

It's not a sure thing. Don't forget the got the #1 pick last year with the 4th worst record.

They have I think a 75% chance to not get it, even if they finish dead last.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia

Hope youre being sarcastic. They are a **** franchise run by a bunch of morons. They deserve everything they have endured the last decade or more.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Didn't see this posted. For all the Jost fans. Highlights from the World Junior A Challenge back in the December.

There's a video for Rubtsov as well

Both were named 1st team all tournament.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
In a sarcastic way I am pulling for Edmonton to win the lotto. Keep first overall out of the east. And Van,Winnipeg,Calgary I also wish them luck.Let them compete In the west with a 6 pack of #1s.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Matthews to Edmonton would be such a disaster for the league..and for Matthews' career. Instead of being the face of a franchise turn-around, he will be relegated to second-fiddle behind McJesus.

In order of preference..

Arizona (perfect for league, hometown hero in struggling franchise)
Calgary (no rivalary with Flyers)
Winnipeg (no rivalary with Flyers)
Vancouver (no rivalary with Flyers)
Ottawa (Conference opponent but not a rivalry with Flyers)
Montreal (they'll still find a way to not succeed)
Toronto (they'll still find a way to not succeed)
Buffalo (already have Eichel, Reinhart and RoR)
Columbus (arrogant fans for having no success, Dubinsky most punchable athlete)
Edmonton (obvious reasons)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad