GDT: 2016 NHL Draft: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Of course I don't, but really... what does Stamkos/Kovalsuck do to rectify anything wrong with this team?

Stamkos is 26, a top 5 goal scorer, perennial all star at center in his prime years. When was the last time we had an all star at center? Who was the last Cup winner that did not have an all star at center?

Kovy is a totally different situation and has nothing to do with Stamkos so there is no need to keep linking them.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
Of course I don't, but really... what does Stamkos/Kovalsuck do to rectify anything wrong with this team?

Edit: It's as easy and lazy.

rangers need to find cheap young dmen. Move skjei to Mac's right side and suddenly you have your #1RDman on a ELC.

mac-skjei
staal-klein
holden-girardi/Mcllrath

and obviously continue to supplement and bring in more young D talent, over the summer, over the next season, next offseason. Continuously over the next 2 years

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Just haven't had a ton of time to follow Jr hockey so I am gonna give the scouts the benefit of the doubt.

Like what I am reading about Reunanen the most.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Idk what could be holding up a staal deal? It's a cap dump but he's still a decent player...
I wouldn't think we're asking much for him it's just whether or not we can get him to waive to a place

NikC

Oct 7, 2008

Edit: It's as easy and lazy.

it's called top 3 scoring... its this thing in hockey where, competitive teams aim to have 70p+ players on their top line. 60p 2nd line players inserted into top 3 roles doesn't work..

Rangers haven't had this, since Jagr.

Until the Rangers announce they've traded Henrik, there's no rebuild.

no use getting aggravated about it.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I fully expect by December AV will be fired and our d will be
Mcdonagh-skjei
Staal-Klein
Holden-mcilrath
Girardi

I 1000% disagree with this. There is absolutely no way this happens. And I'm super pessimistic.

That being said, I almost hope it pans out because I want AV the **** gone.

it's called top 3 scoring... its this thing in hockey where, competitive teams aim to have 70p+ players on their top line. 60p 2nd line players inserted into top 3 roles doesn't work..

Rangers haven't had this, since Jagr.

Until the Rangers announce they've traded Henrik, there's no rebuild.

no use getting aggravated about it.

Completely agree. People are so scarred here. Stamkos is one of the best players ever to hit FA. In addition, this all depends on the moves the Rangers make to get him here.

If we clear out Staal, Girardi, Nash, Brassard and bring in Stamkos and whatever picks/prospects/roster players to replace these guys. This could be an amazing move and a literal complete overhaul that allows the team to compete this season.

Maybe they can move a package for Barrie or another PMD. It's not impossible to see a way where the Rangers get Stamkos and make the appropriate moves to create a very good team. Not only do they have Hank, but they have an incredibly talented young core.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I 1000% disagree with this. There is absolutely no way this happens. And I'm super pessimistic.

Completely agree. People are so scarred here. Stamkos is one of the best players ever to hit FA. In addition, this all depends on the moves the Rangers make to get him here.

If we clear out Staal, Girardi, Nash, Brassard and bring in Stamkos and whatever picks/prospects/roster players to replace these guys. This could be an amazing move and a literal complete overhaul that allows the team to compete this season.

Maybe they can move a package for Barrie or another PMD. It's not impossible to see a way where the Rangers get Stamkos and make the appropriate moves to create a very good team. Not only do they have Hank, but they have an incredibly talented young core.

Ryan Murphy would work for me.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

Avs GM Joe Sakic on Tyson Barrie trade rumor, Nathan MacKinnon contract talks
Sakic: “I’d like to do a long-term deal with Tysonâ€

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/1...-trade-rumor-nathan-mackinnon-contract-talks/

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
What's the story with Day?

Does he start the season with the Pack or does he go back to the OHL?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

He goes back to the OHL. He can't play in the AHL until he is 19. The rule is age 20, or 4 years. He has played 3 years in the CHL.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Since he was an exception player, he can play in the AHL but during the draft, he said in an interview he will probably play 1 more junior year

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Avs GM Joe Sakic on Tyson Barrie trade rumor, Nathan MacKinnon contract talks
Sakic: “I’d like to do a long-term deal with Tyson”

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/1...-trade-rumor-nathan-mackinnon-contract-talks/

Ok, he'd like to. And that was just one example. Dumba is reportedly available, then there's the obvious in Shattenkirk.

This team is far from being done. And the defense is far from being set. There are a million ways that pieces can fall which make this a great off-season for them. Again, I'm not optimistic as this is the Rangers we're talking about, but I'm also not going to start acting like it's the end of the world when we still have 3+ months till the season begins.

People are acting like we have a set defense, are you kidding me?

If our D next season is

McD - Shattenkirk/Barrie/Klein
Skjei - Dumba / Klein
Holden - McIlrath

That's really not bad at all and has a lot of youth and skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig