GDT: 2016 NHL Draft: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
We can always pretend Zucc was our first round pick in 2013 and Hayes in 2014?

That's all I got.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
We don't have an elite player? If Canes have one (Faulk) then so do we (McDonagh).

darko

Feb 16, 2009
You are not going to fix the team in 1 swoop. What some people are suggesting is fire sale. Guess what, in fire sale you sell off your assets at 20, 30, 40% off.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Wow, Trent Fredric, another St Louis area kid !

Damn, was hoping we could grab him later, but with his size I knew he was gonna go quick.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Guys...getting into the first round wasn't going to be easy.

And if you think Gorton's plan is to stay the same ol' mediocre team....you're nuts. Rangers keeping everything close to the vest this year.

He's trying to find value. But that requires others GMs to give him an offer that's good.

If he's not finding good value, he's not going to trade. You don't trade for the sake of trading.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC

And if you think Gorton's plan is to stay the same ol' mediocre team....you're nuts.

He's trying to find value. But that requires others GMs to give him an offer that's good.

If he's not finding good value, he's not going to trade. You don't trade for the sake of trading.

With Free agency starting soon and a cap, you have to make decisions sooner rather than later.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014

And if you think Gorton's plan is to stay the same ol' mediocre team....you're nuts.

Personally, I don't see that value coming until after some of the big UFA names come off the board and sign with teams. Once that happens, for instance, I think some of the teams that lost out on some of the available scoring will call for Nash.

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
Now we have to hope Stamkos does not sign in Detroit, because that might give us a place to send Nash. Crossing fingers that Stamkos likes the truck full of money that arrives from Buffalo at his door at 12:01AM (well, they can tell him about the truck at least).

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
You are not going to fix the team in 1 swoop. What some people are suggesting is fire sale. Guess what, in fire sale you sell off your assets at 20, 30, 40% off.

I'd be OK losing a deal in the short term if it means a long term gain. It would at least show there is a plan or a direction instead of just going into next few seasons with this mediocre core.

Problem is I don't see anyone taking Staal or Girardi. And no contenders would be able to fit Nash into their cap unless we retain at least 2 million.

Trading Stepan for Coyle/Dumba and good picks at least shows a desire to get younger.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn

And if you think Gorton's plan is to stay the same ol' mediocre team....you're nuts. Rangers keeping everything close to the vest this year.

No trades then we'll give them another kick at the can

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

If you're not trading for the sake of trading, you're just eating ice cream.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
No one wants him.

Then buy him out... It's not that complicated. Not much to wait on.
If someone gets injuries girardi isn't the guy teams are calling for especially with his contract. Buy him out and left him be a bottom pair guy in Toronto or buffalo teach some kids or something just don't let him put on a ranger blue jersey

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'd be OK losing a deal in the short term if it means a long term gain. It would at least show there is a plan or a direction instead of just going into next few seasons with this mediocre core.

Problem is I don't see anyone taking Staal or Girardi. And no contenders would be able to fit Nash into their cap unless we retain at least 2 million.

Trading Stepan for Coyle/Dumba and good picks at least shows a desire to get younger.

Is that Wild's offer or just something that we want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig