Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Pick - 57th Overall (WSH) - Carl Grundstrom - RW - Modo Hockey [6-0/180]

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
Between Grundstrom, Korshkov, and Kapanen, we've got some prospects on the wing who seem to perfectly compliment our forward core.

Kapanen has the speed and shot we need.

Grundstrom and Korshkov have the size (not so much Grundstrom, but he plays big) and ability to get to the front of the net, combined with the skill to finish.

If two of the three pan out (which is no guarantee), or forward group would look even more promising than it already does.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
People finally waking up to the strategy. Still see a lot of crazy line proposals but I see more people getting the personality of the team..

1 guy to school you, 1 guy to snipe you, and last but not least 1 guy to grind and goon you on every line.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Thanks for the share.
As I'm thinking about it perhaps it's Soshnikov I am thinking of with the russian rocket nickname?
Either way hope Tima breaks through to the big.

I googled "The Russian Rocket" and it comes back with nothing but Bure

I'm hoping that Timashov lights it up after the TDL with call ups that open scoring line space on the Marlies...really like his skillset

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I googled "The Russian Rocket" and it comes back with nothing but Bure

I'm hoping that Timashov lights it up after the TDL with call ups that open scoring line space on the Marlies...really like his skillset
Bure for sure!

I found this, very small but I guess it just stuck in my mind.
This feisty Russian rockets his way up the ranks.
http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2016/8/29/12650444/maple-leafs-top-25-nikita-soshnikov-marlies

Meh back to Timashov. I'm also hoping he will get more chances. He seems more dominant with the puck than his production reflects.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Bure for sure!

I found this, very small but I guess it just stuck in my mind.

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2016/8/29/12650444/maple-leafs-top-25-nikita-soshnikov-marlies

Meh back to Timashov. I'm also hoping he will get more chances. He seems more dominant with the puck than his production reflects.

I remember "Nitro Mysteron" from this article - https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2015/07/26/one-eyed-toronto-maple-leafs-reporter-is-king/

I love his vision though, and has a really decent wrist shot for someone who's very pass-first

I remember seeing the highlights from this game and getting excited:

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
That's a great article.
I was super pumped when we drafted him. My buddy was like who? And I would just say "the most dangerous player in the Q"
:D

He was pacing for a 120pt year before his trade last year too, weird that they got all that talent together in Shawinigan and they all just didn't gel. I think there would have been a lot more hype if he'd stayed with Quebec and finished out with that sort of pace

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Wrong thread x 2.

Time for a drink.

you will notice just a few posts up i said "Love Grundstrom" out of no where thats because i posted a tweet about young Marner and Bracco being friends then edited it all before realizing i was in the grundsrtom thread

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
He was pacing for a 120pt year before his trade last year too, weird that they got all that talent together in Shawinigan and they all just didn't gel. I think there would have been a lot more hype if he'd stayed with Quebec and finished out with that sort of pace

I was not happy with the trade just because I figured no matter what changing teams mid season has to be tough. Then when he got to Shawinigan I thought the miscast him.

Lol we better get back to Grundstrom. He almost scored the game winner in the bronze match. Just missed his stick and almost put it in off the skate blade

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
you will notice just a few posts up i said "Love Grundstrom" out of no where thats because i posted a tweet about young Marner and Bracco being friends then edited it all before realizing i was in the grundsrtom thread

Lol I thought that was kind of random from you.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I was not happy with the trade just because I figured no matter what changing teams mid season has to be tough. Then when he got to Shawinigan I thought the miscast him.

Lol we better get back to Grundstrom. He almost scored the game winner in the bronze match. Just missed his stick and almost put it in off the skate blade

I thought his production was going to go crazy playing with Beauvillier...wrong

Anyway ya, feel bad for Sweden with that finish, would have been nice to have the spotlight on Grundstrom to end it

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I thought his production was going to go crazy playing with Beauvillier...wrong

Anyway ya, feel bad for Sweden with that finish, would have been nice to have the spotlight on Grundstrom to end it

His performance at the wjc was still inspiring. Played himself upto the 1st line and I think he finished 2nd in points? (Not sure though)

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
His performance at the wjc was still inspiring. Played himself upto the 1st line and I think he finished 2nd in points? (Not sure though)

tied for 3rd with Asplund it looks like, Eriksson-Ek and Nylander ahead of him. Still though, good showing to move into a crowd that was drafted 8th, 20th and 33rd - looks like increased stock value to me

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Grunstrom: Despite all the hoopla of the WJC, he might have been the worse Swede in the semi final game. Foolish penalties and his poor positioning cost Sweden a goal.

And someone commented on Tishnacov? being a Leaf call up this season? Shouldn't Leaf fans be hoping their team is in a playoff run and no having polite call ups.

AustonMarner*

Dec 26, 2016
Toronto
Grunstrom: Despite all the hoopla of the WJC, he might have been the worse Swede in the semi final game. Foolish penalties and his poor positioning cost Sweden a goal.

And someone commented on Tishnacov? being a Leaf call up this season? Shouldn't Leaf fans be hoping their team is in a playoff run and no having polite call ups.

Who the hell is this guy? :laugh:

And if you're talking about Timashov then what people were trying to say was he will get more minutes and a chance to play on the scoring line with Kapanen and Leipsic being the expected call ups. Or at least from my understanding that's what they meant.

stavs*

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
Grundstrom is looking like a steal right now.

3 goals and 1 assist in 5 games for the Marlies so far in the playoffs.

It's safe to say he's already leap frogged all our forward prospects except for Kapenen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad