2016 Latin American Thread (incl Libertadores): VIVA FUTBOL!!!

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The postponed made sure I wasn't able to watch the full match and only caught the last 20 minutes. Sadly. Still very intense and looking forward to the final.

Amazing game.

Can't wait for the return leg. Scocco probably returning from injury will be a huge boost for River.

How do you rate Palacios now that you've seen him?

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
This got bumped at the right time...I’m going to be in Medellin on Wednesday, and Independiente is playing a home (clausura playoff) game. Anyone with experience going to a game in Medellin?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
According to Marca he's going to Madrid in January
yeah, they're have been some rumours the president of River came out and confirmed them. However, he did say Madrid were acting disrespectful in negotiating with the player and not river. My only hope is that he feels so offended that he refuses to sell to them. Otherwise, Palacios will be ruining his career before it starts.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
The postponed made sure I wasn't able to watch the full match and only caught the last 20 minutes. Sadly. Still very intense and looking forward to the final.

How do you rate Palacios now that you've seen him?

Huge potential. I don't know if you guys seem him in the same way but I found him a bit similar to Lucas Torreira. Huge motor, good on the ball and pretty smart on the pitch. Maybe not the same defender L. Torreira is, but also a little more comfortable offensively.

yeah, they're have been some rumours the president of River came out and confirmed them. However, he did say Madrid were acting disrespectful in negotiating with the player and not river. My only hope is that he feels so offended that he refuses to sell to them. Otherwise, Palacios will be ruining his career before it starts.

You act like going to Madrid is the same as Driussi going to Russia :laugh:

I agree Madrid isn't the best destination for young players that aren't ready for playing top minutes for them, but it's not the end of his career. Lots of players went from Madrid failures to have good careers in other clubs. Serie A without a doubt would be the best destination, though. JUST DON'T JOIN DRIUSSI AND PALACIOS.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Huge potential. I don't know if you guys seem him in the same way but I found him a bit similar to Lucas Torreira. Huge motor, good on the ball and pretty smart on the pitch. Maybe not the same defender L. Torreira is, but also a little more comfortable offensively.

You act like going to Madrid is the same as Driussi going to Russia :laugh:

I agree Madrid isn't the best destination for young players that aren't ready for playing top minutes for them, but it's not the end of his career. Lots of players went from Madrid failures to have good careers in other clubs. Serie A without a doubt would be the best destination, though. JUST DON'T JOIN DRIUSSI AND PALACIOS.

I have PTSD from Canales... I don't see how he gets any minutes with Modric, Casemiro, Ceballos,Isco etc

Not sure about playing style as of yet, I mean i've only watched 2ish games from him. Sucks that he missed the last friendlies and the up coming ones. I mean I still doubt he will play a big role in the copa but you never know.

But yeah, never join Druissi and his lot. Paredes might as well killed his career too.

Since, I have you theres a kid from Defense justicia Lisandro Martinez have you heard about him? I seriously can't wait for the tournament to start in January.

Reactions: John Pedro

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I have PTSD from Canales... I don't see how he gets any minutes with Modric, Casemiro, Ceballos,Isco etc

Not sure about playing style as of yet, I mean i've only watched 2ish games from him. Sucks that he missed the last friendlies and the up coming ones. I mean I still doubt he will play a big role in the copa but you never know.

But yeah, never join Druissi and his lot. Paredes might as well killed his career too.

Since, I have you theres a kid from Defense justicia Lisandro Martinez have you heard about him? I seriously can't wait for the tournament to start in January.

Never heard of him. Only DyJ player I know is Nicolas Fernandez, a skilled 22y old winger.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Game is being postponed it looks like... 3 Boca players in the hospital. They can't go through with it.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Scum of the earth. Taping pyro stuff (flares, other pyrotechnics) on their kids so that they could get it in the stadium.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Gallardo who should be the NT coach saying he would support Boca if they decide not to play this game. They SHOULD NOT PLAY.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Someone explain to me why this isn't an instant forfeit for River the way it was for Boca in 2015?

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Someone explain to me why this isn't an instant forfeit for River the way it was for Boca in 2015?

I think they probably should, but the club will no doubt try to argue that it didn't take place in the stadium and that there was nothing they could do to prevent it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad