2016 LA Kings Offseason GDT V: Free Agent Frenzy

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

USE Fi

Sep 20, 2007
Home
anyone else reading this like they have no idea?

Yes, every site makes one, i dont think he has inside knowledge what he is writing.

Writing about Brown on every site and after top six and top 4 D its just a guess for most writers. Putting Lewis as a center looks like a lock for everyone that writes about Kings.

mattgkg

Jan 16, 2015
Yes, every site makes one, i dont think he has inside knowledge what he is writing.

it's impressive how many players he ignored completely. love it. you have to try to get that many things off in an article.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I'm trying to remember the last time the Kings signed a player coming off major surgery that even worked out OK. I'd be shocked if Gilbert is even healthy at the start of the season. Again, this is a guy in his 30's who spent the entire summer re-habbing, not training and will be behind everybody else. Then factor in the Oilers didn't want him anymore cause he's so soft, which Sutter LOVES, I don't see it. Trying to figure out which signing makes less sense between Gilbert and Purcell.

JureEe

Go Kings Go!
Apr 5, 2012
sLOVEnija
Little OT.. Slovenia is qualified for olympics... Kopitar had assist and SO goal against Belarus in final game. his total score is 3G 2A (and 1 SO goal) in 3 games.

USE Fi

Sep 20, 2007
Home
I'm trying to remember the last time the Kings signed a player coming off major surgery that even worked out OK. I'd be shocked if Gilbert is even healthy at the start of the season. Again, this is a guy in his 30's who spent the entire summer re-habbing, not training and will be behind everybody else. Then factor in the Oilers didn't want him anymore cause he's so soft, which Sutter LOVES, I don't see it. Trying to figure out which signing makes less sense between Gilbert and Purcell.

Gilbert played for Michel Therrien and he hasnt made a comment like this of Gilbert so i think he isn`t soft at all.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Gilbert played for Michel Therrien and he hasnt made a comment like this of Gilbert so i think he isn`t soft at all.

Gilbert is soft, there's no way around that. He rarely puts his body on anyone. Yea, he blocks shots but it's because his possession numbers are not traditionally great. He might not be soft for Montreal, but relative to the Kings he sure is. Not sure about the fit at all.

USE Fi

Sep 20, 2007
Home
Gilbert is soft, there's no way around that. He rarely puts his body on anyone. Yea, he blocks shots but it's because his possession numbers are not traditionally great. He might not be soft for Montreal, but relative to the Kings he sure is. Not sure about the fit at all.

I agree was mostly posting it like tongue-in-cheek as a joke.
Where Hoven is right Kings need to have a solid top 4. Muzzin-Doughty is not an option.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
video, belarus - slovenia, penalties after 2-2 ot, kopi scored, with slovenian commentator: http://www.sport-tv.si/d221453/Hokej/Reprezentance/VIDEO_Kazenski_streli_Slovenija_Belorusija.html

Thanks for that. It's awesome to see them make it in again.

Obviously, Kopi is a big part of the team, but there's definitely a lot of other talent on that roster. It wouldn't surprise me to see the sport continue to grow there, and while they may never be a powerhouse, they will continue to improve internationally and produce NHL players here and there.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Thanks for that. It's awesome to see them make it in again.

Obviously, Kopi is a big part of the team, but there's definitely a lot of other talent on that roster. It wouldn't surprise me to see the sport continue to grow there, and while they may never be a powerhouse, they will continue to improve internationally and produce NHL players here and there.

very true, with kopi it's a different team, and overall it is tight in every position, as the bench is extremely short. this generation entered their peak age, these are the golden years for most of key players and it should last at least until 2018 olympics. after that i'm a bit pessimistic, there are only 2 pro clubs in slovenia, their budgets are a sad joke and it's very hard to keep a good and skilled trainer for youngsters. for little money, little music. let's enjoy it while it lasts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad