2016 LA Kings Offseason GDT V: Free Agent Frenzy

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Does anyone remember how much Kris Russell is asking and how many years?
He`s last contract was 2years 2,6mil AAV.

before the offseason I think he wanted around $5M. That's what the flames radio network was saying when he was traded anyway.

Not sure how accurate of a source that is though

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
before the offseason I think he wanted around $5M. That's what the flames radio network was saying when he was traded anyway.

Not sure how accurate of a source that is though

That potential contract number has Jeff Finger 2.0 written all over it. Way too much for a defenseman so prone to making so many mistakes.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
That potential contract number has Jeff Finger 2.0 written all over it. Way too much for a defenseman so prone to making so many mistakes.

guessin that is why he is unsigned. Reminds me of Franson last year. Will get way less than his initial ask and still be overpaid

USE Fi

Sep 20, 2007
Home
guessin that is why he is unsigned. Reminds me of Franson last year. Will get way less than his initial ask and still be overpaid

There will be some GM willing to pay him close what he wants as the games start or some have deal all ready on the table they just need to lose some cap.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
There will be some GM willing to pay him close what he wants as the games start or some have deal all ready on the table they just need to lose some cap.

Franson wanted$6M at the start of the offseasaon last year and got $3M. I think Russell will be lucky to get $3M

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I find him really good team player and extra good blocking shots. Small and mobile, 29 years old.

he blocks shots because he sucks at getting the puck out of the zone so the other team has it the whole time. It's awesome he is willing to do it, and does it well, but it would be even better if he did not have to.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Looks like Quick got some new ink this summer (or I haven't noticed his sleeve before).

CrDW_GQXgAY7yCW.jpg:large

Jul 31, 2005
CA
It's from a fantasy perspective so makes it even funnier they have brown as a bounce back candidate.

We're right about the time when the Kings and/or Brown begin floating workout videos to show he's in "tremendous" shape.

USE Fi

Sep 20, 2007
Home
It's from a fantasy perspective so makes it even funnier they have brown as a bounce back candidate.

We're right about the time when the Kings and/or Brown begin floating workout videos to show he's in "tremendous" shape.

Dustin wakes up one night and he gets a vision him being a captain again and start to score again, captain in Vegas.

JureEe

Go Kings Go!
Apr 5, 2012
sLOVEnija
Kopitar is allready starting with games.. it will be long season for him...

anyway.. yesterday he had hattrick against poland (6-1 final score) but today they are going against Danes who lost their first game against Belarus.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 40m40 minutes ago
Some question about Jeff Carter's status for upcoming World Cup. Players report on Sunday, clarity should come by then
-------------------
Goes without saying, if theirs any doubt, he shouldn't be going.

USE Fi

Sep 20, 2007
Home
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 40m40 minutes ago
Some question about Jeff Carter's status for upcoming World Cup. Players report on Sunday, clarity should come by then
-------------------
Goes without saying, if theirs any doubt, he shouldn't be going.

I don`t mind him not going there if it means he is ready to play for Kings.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I don`t mind him not going there if it means he is ready to play for Kings.

That's the point, if the time would be better spent rehabbing whatever injury he apparently still has, then him not going would have him better prepared for the season.

mattgkg

Jan 16, 2015
kind of glad carter would defer for "injury" or be replaced. imo a win for the kings since they'd probably have him in limited role on 4th line and pk. dude has plenty of team canada hardware.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I just hope it is a small injury keeping him out and not a nagging thing. The NHL and NHLPA need to approve all players missing due to injury. They basically need to ensure there is an actual injury .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad