GDT: 2016 Gold Medal Game • Russia vs. Finland pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
Yesss what a game that was. Man these WJC games are entertaining. SUOMI VOITTOOOOOOOON! I love the mental strength this younger generation seems to have. I hope that will bring about a crucial change to the national team so that we still have our eyes on the prize even if we are down in this big games and that we can prevail in the finals (talking about our lousy record in finals, too many silver medals over the years).

You nailed it. I love the attitude of these younger generation guys.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Kapanen really grew the longer the tournament went. He was really good in the final two games, first against Sweden and then against Russia. Impressed.

white galaxy*

these jr finals are best hockey there is , great game

and as always excellence from tsn crew of gord-ray-bob mc - duthie whose intelligence and dedication are what make these games so awesome . if covered by a lame entity such as sn these games wouldnt be anywhere near as excellent . its truely a crime tsn isnt doing every nhl game that they want to , everybody loses out that they arent .

GREAT WORK TSN HOCKEY BROADCAST BEASTS !

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
There are absolutely no reasons for any kind mud slinging, vulgar nationalist remarks, trolling toward Team Russia, or fans. It was so close today, and Russia made this the beautiful game, that promoted the idea of hockey (as it should be) better then dozens of dull grindings elsewhere.

And no way there are left any room for IF on the end result. Great. :hockey: :win:

@Drunken celebrating Finns: Don't sleep on a snow this night, and look after and take care each others in this matter! :)

razumovkv

Jan 5, 2016
Hahaa! What The Game! By both Teams. :nod:

...and one of best, positive, exemplary incarnations to a real meaning of Finnish SISU! :handclap:

Hahaha!!!

Please, don't forget 6 - 4 at preliminary round and 8 - 1 at First Channel Cup!!!

Fat Doctor

Jun 29, 2011
Was this already noted?

provoetu050116SH_nu.jpg

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I don't have words to describe how happy and proud i'm our young lions right now.
They grew up during the tournament they beat Canada,Sweden,Czechs,Slovaks and Russkies all those countries are IIHF world rankings top10 teams.

Kapanen's golden goal was beauty.
He missed empty net in 2nd period when Finland had powerplay but now he put puck in and he's our national hero.

Toronto is going to get really good player about him.
Let's see how good he'll be in future.

It's sad that this awesome tournament is over.
But the end was best possibly for us and now we ( Finns) are WORLD CHAMPIONS.

That's only what really matters.
KIITOS SUOMI THANK YOU FINLAND 3-4

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
What are the ticket prices for this game?

I was sitting in the upper seats, 3rd row from front, bang in center: 48 eur for adult, 7 eur for children. Bought on day they went on sale. Took the kids.

This thread needs more of this:

Pumpin game!
Not much clue which calls were good which were bad, you only see it once when it's live. Russian captain got the first penalty for mouthing off - or that's what I thought in the stands, didn't see else other than breaking the stick.
If the Russians got tough call - it happens, remember Minsk? We're even
If the calls were fair or not - Finland had the upper hand. Only afraid of Russia on counterattack, therefore Finland deserved to win. Russian goalie better today
Laine is a beast, 2 of those goals were all him. The shot and the tackle, and the second with the tackle.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
I always pull for Finland if it can't be Canada.

Congratulations on World Junior gold on home soil, Finland!:handclap:

Congratulations Finland
It is not an easy tournament to win
The balance among top five is unreal
Very exciting hockey and well done

Mackinnonen

Sep 6, 2015
What a team this was, future is looking really bright!

Barkov, Puljujärvi, Aho, Rantanen, Laine, Ristolainen, Määttä, Vatanen, Juolevi.

Finland has never had big, skilled guys before!

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
What a team this was, future is looking really bright!

Barkov, Puljujärvi, Aho, Rantanen, Laine, Ristolainen, Määttä, Vatanen, Juolevi.

Finland has never had big, skilled guys before!

Laine-Barkov-Puljujarvi is going to be a monstrous line in international hockey for the next 15 years.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think it's funny how people automatically assume all teams must have equal penalty time. Maybe some teams don't make as many mistakes deserving of penalties as others?

Not a jab to anyone, just pointing it out.

We had a fast skating team so it's no wonder we were winning the penalty battle.

We dominated the 2nd period, Rus had nothing going so I don't know why there should have been any calls, just so you can say hey they called a penalty on Finns?
And on the 3rd outside of few mins we controlled that period too and were the better skating team, again why should have they called few calls against us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad