GDT: 2016 Gold Medal Game • Russia vs. Finland pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Björkqvist interview on Swedish tv just minutes after that Russian goal. Love the attitude!

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
By butterfly effect logic, if Kamenev never gets that penalty and is on the ice at the end of the game, the Russians might not score the game tying goal and lose 3-2.

It does require some luck to score late in a game. Not all skill.

Minttu

Apr 10, 2012
Great game. Very entertaining. :handclap:

Thanks to both teams and thanks to Russian fans here on HF. :nod:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Björkqvist interview on Swedish tv just minutes after that Russian goal. Love the attitude!

Ashamed to ask as swedish is our official language, but would you care translating that :)?

Calderon

Mar 24, 2006
Yesss what a game that was. Man these WJC games are entertaining. SUOMI VOITTOOOOOOOON! I love the mental strength this younger generation seems to have. I hope that will bring about a crucial change to the national team so that we still have our eyes on the prize even if we are down in this big games and that we can prevail in the finals (talking about our lousy record in finals, too many silver medals over the years).

razumovkv

Jan 5, 2016
Fake wins not make sense. Canadian knows. Lose twice and gone home at quarter finals but scarcely took "gold" in last year.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Ashamed to ask as swedish is our official language, but would you care translating that :)?

He say this is hockey at best its only that we getting the next goal, we have alot more stamina then our opponent,

Then the journalist asking him if he says "is its Finland turn this year?" "yeah i probably saying that"

Haha gotta love that kid! i wish him a good future!

PJM

Feb 18, 2006

With my school Swedish the essential part is "This is hockey. We will score the next one."

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Watched it again - Kamenev threw his stick at the end and it seems hurt the official.

But what was the reason for the initial call?

I guess he disagreed with the Sergeyev tripping call and said something to the ref.

He didn't directly hit the official, I think the official got the cut on his hand from the clipboard he was holding which Kamenevs stick made contact with.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
All of them wearing a Karjala cap?

This tournament has been a success overall. TV coverage has been great and media has been very heavily on it.

Finland winning this tournament is a great final for media as well. They have had a lot of great stories to be told for the big audience and this is like a positive end to a fabulous sports story.

That win is probably a great boost for the future of Finnish hockey.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
2 golds in 3 years. Amazing coach, amazing team, amazing heart and sisu. I've never seen anything like this before. Canada, Sweden and now Russia.. no words.

Thanks guys!!!

IAM

Sep 3, 2014
Don't get this wrong but I wasn't worried not once while the game was on. I had this feeling inside telling me to keep calm and wait. After second period I was sure we are going to take poika home.

Never felt like this before in the finals.

Kiitos jätkät!

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
If you want to win, hire a Finn. Jukka Jalonen specifically. What a coach.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
I guess he disagreed with the Sergeyev tripping call and said something to the ref.

He didn't directly hit the official, I think the official got the cut on his hand from the clipboard he was holding which Kamenevs stick made contact with.

:handclap: Can't believe anyone can say if it hits the clipboard or the official from that video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad