2016 Fantasy Football Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I can only keep one player - Thomas Rawls, Gary Barnidge or Jordan Reed at the cost of where they were drafted last year (and for one season only). Rawls and Barnidge were UDFA's so they have 15th round value, Reed has 13th round value.

It's a .5 PPR league with two RB's, two WR's, a Flex, and a TE. Obviously Reed's the best player of the three but he's also a bit injury-prone and I'd rather get cheap labor at RB, though this Christine Michael hype is worrying me.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I can only keep one player - Thomas Rawls, Gary Barnidge or Jordan Reed at the cost of where they were drafted last year (and for one season only). Rawls and Barnidge were UDFA's so they have 15th round value, Reed has 13th round value.

It's a .5 PPR league with two RB's, two WR's, a Flex, and a TE. Obviously Reed's the best player of the three but he's also a bit injury-prone and I'd rather get cheap labor at RB, though this Christine Michael hype is worrying me.

Do you know who everyone else is keeping?

Reed's injury (concussion) history does scare me, but I think I'd keep him picking blindly.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Reed, but I wouldn't have a problem with Rawls either.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Do you know who everyone else is keeping?

Reed's injury (concussion) history does scare me, but I think I'd keep him picking blindly.

No because I'm second on the list, it's a slow offline draft. The first guy kept David Johnson for a 15th rounder. I'm fairly certain Gurley will be kept for a 4th rounder cause he was traded pre-draft selection but that's about it atm.

I'm drafting #2 so I'll probably get either Aaron Rodgers (passing TD's are worth six points so there's a sizable gap between the top QB's and the next tier here) or Antonio Brown with my first pick though fwiw.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
QB
Drew Brees

RB
Jeremy Langford
Frank Gore
Melvin Gordon

WR
Julio Jones
AJ Green
Eric Decker
Michael Crabtree
Markus Wheaton
Steve Smith
Terrance Williams

TE
Jordan Reed
Zach Ertz
Jason Witten

D/ST
Jets

K
Dan Bailey

Probably going to drop Smith for a RBV given that I have Jones & Green who are going to start every week possible. I was able to scoop Jones up at 8th ; he was ranked 4th. Over the years I have learned not to pick players from my favorite teams because they end having meh years, this happened to me with A-Rodg last year so I'm excited to finally have Brees as my QB. It was between him and R-Burger & the absence of Bryant made me go with Drew. Speaking of, I got Wheaton as a sleeper.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB

Reed, when healthy, is on fire. It's worth the risk.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Do you guys have a draft strategy? I generally try to stick to 2 RBs and 2 WRs with my first 4 picks (not a dynasty league).
I'm a value guy. I feel like you can always make trades should situations arise where you're lacking at a certain position. If there's a great WR on the board, but you already picked two, and then reach for a questionable RB, it could come back to bite you.

What do you guys think of Sammy Watkins this year? I have until Sunday night to decide if he's going to be my 4th keeper. He was just a monster after the bye last season but Im worried about if his surgically repaired foot will hold up.
Watkins is an absolute stud. I know there are huge injury concerns, but I still think it's worth the gamble. I'd keep him.

I traded Eifert, Gordon, and Tyrod for Gronk.

Still have Luck and Cousins at Qb so really only losing Gordon hurts a little bit.

Dynasty league
I don't mean to be a downer, but I don't like this deal at all. SD invested a lot in Gordon, he's a nice bounceback candidate. Eifert is a top 3 TE when healthy, and Tyrod seems to be on the rise. You're giving up three potential starters for a slight upgrade at TE.

PPR dynasty: trade Jarvis Landry for Aaron Rodgers? My QB is Stafford. I have Hurns and Parker on my bench. 3 WR spots plus 2 flex...

Thanks! I'm thinking no.
I wouldn't do this in a million years. WAY too many very serviceable QBs these days. It kills Rodgers' value. Landry is an absolute stud in PPR.

Keepers to me always come down to value. Rawls' ADP is nearly a full round higher than Reed, so you're getting more value there. That said, I feel like Rawls' ADP might be a little high, and if Reed stays healthy he's a steal at his ADP. There's been ridiculous CMike hype for years now, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Traded Demaryius for Alshon straight up. Thoughts?
Personally I'd prefer DT. He's just SO consistent. Never hurt, TON of targets, even last year which seemed terrible he went for 100, 1300, and 6. And that's been his floor over the past 4 years. Alshon's injuries are a little worrisome. I feel like DT's floor is considerably higher and their ceiling is about the same.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Are there any players or teams that you guys are avoiding at all costs this year?

I'm avoiding Denver WRs like the plague this year.

I could see Demarius getting a lot of those quick out passes to him on the side line and then letting him run the ball from there, but I don't see many long balls at all this year for Denver.

I think there's just way too much risk there.

Oh the flip side, any IDP leagues, Denver D will be money makers.

I think Matt Forte is going way too high.

katatoniak

Feb 5, 2009
Jonquiere, Qc
Our league is expanding from 10 to 12 teams. We are wondering what is usually done for the keepers. We currently keep 3 players per season.

For the expansion we would only keep 2 keepers. The 2 expansions teams would pick 2 players each from those 10. And the expansions teams also gets the top 2 picks of the draft.

I dont think it's really fair...

If some of you had an expansion in their league, how did you do it ? :help:

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
BGDDYKWL said:
I don't mean to be a downer, but I don't like this deal at all. SD invested a lot in Gordon, he's a nice bounceback candidate. Eifert is a top 3 TE when healthy, and Tyrod seems to be on the rise. You're giving up three potential starters for a slight upgrade at TE.

Personally I'd prefer DT. He's just SO consistent. Never hurt, TON of targets, even last year which seemed terrible he went for 100, 1300, and 6. And that's been his floor over the past 4 years. Alshon's injuries are a little worrisome. I feel like DT's floor is considerably higher and their ceiling is about the same.

I Appreciate your thoughts. My thoughts were that Eifert can't really stay healthy either and was very TD dependent. Gronk is an upgrade certainly. Tyrod was expendable because he sat behind Luck and Cousins on my roster so it doesn't hurt me too much IMO. You are right about Gordon, he is a bounce back candidate but he also isn't a sure thing and sat behind D.Johnson, C.Hyde, CJ Anderson, and Latavius Murray so I found him to be expendable to make a title run. I also got Paul Perkins in the rookie draft at pick #15.

On the DT Alshon front all of your points are valid and I considered them. I ultimately did it to get younger. My hope is similar production and Alshon is younger, but his injury concerns are a factor. Here is my team now.

Luck
Cousins

D.Johnson
Hyde
Latavius
CJ
Perkins
Charchandrick

OBJ
Alshon
Devante Parker
Crabtree
Conley
Davante Adams
Rishard Matthews
Sammie Coates
Perriman

Gronk
Dwayne Allen
Ladarius

McManus

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Ok, stupid question time.

I've only done IDP leagues, but this year I was asked to join another league that does team defence.

is there any advice or a strategy for doing well with team defence? I don't know if the best bet is to pick a stud D team like Seattle or Denver early or wait until later rounds for a team, but I assume that I would then be playing with the waiver wire all season long trying to find a D with a good matchup and then try and grab them.

Thank you kindly.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I think Matt Forte is going way too high.

Agreed.. and all the draft stuff I've read has him on the -stay away- list.

I don't think he'll have a crap season but, with all the miles on him and the team being the Jets - not worth the gamble IMO.

Thankfully he had some great seasons for me with the Bears. :D

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
Need to keep 3 of these guys but no more than 2 at any position.

Jordy Nelson
Alshon Jeffrey
Sammy Watkins

Jamaal Charles
Doug Martin
Jonathan Stewart

Jordan Reed

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I would probably do Nelson, Charles, Reed.

I could see an argument for Watkins, but I think there's a ton of depth at WR and very little depth at TE. I think Reed, if healthy, will be a really solid player.

Doug Martin is too hot and cold for my liking. And when he goes cold, he's Antarctic cold.

Alshon is always hurt. I would be nervous trusting him for a full season. So much talent, but oh so fragile.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

I've only done IDP leagues, but this year I was asked to join another league that does team defence.

is there any advice or a strategy for doing well with team defence? I don't know if the best bet is to pick a stud D team like Seattle or Denver early or wait until later rounds for a team, but I assume that I would then be playing with the waiver wire all season long trying to find a D with a good matchup and then try and grab them.

Thank you kindly.

Everyone has their preferences but every year I stream defense, having Denver's D is nice but not worth the ADP you need plus their are always surprise defences

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Everyone has their preferences but every year I stream defense, having Denver's D is nice but not worth the ADP you need plus their are always surprise defences

Defenses change so much depending on matchups and opposing team injuries that I don't rely on grabbing an elite one.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Thank you kindly.

Matchups

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I've typically found that there's always a guy or two who will reach way too early for a defense, so I can't say I've ever ended up getting a top one. I think you could start considering a Denver/Seattle around the 10th, but often times streaming works out just fine. Typically whatever defense is playing a bottom five team is a top 10 option.

Need to keep 3 of these guys but no more than 2 at any position.

Jordy Nelson
Alshon Jeffrey
Sammy Watkins

Jamaal Charles
Doug Martin
Jonathan Stewart

Jordan Reed
Not to be a broken record, but I'm a value guy. Certainly nice to have one of each, but every one of those guys minus Stewart has an ADP a full round higher than Reed. I'd probably go Charles, Jordy, Watkins (although Jeffery has the higher ADP).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad